Music video hidden meanings.

Andymad

So I was just watching the gorgeous upscale of Deeper and Deeper that was posted here. And I can’t figure out what the meaning of the balloons are. 
Being popped with a cigar and she immediately notices something is going on.

Then frantically trying to escape with the remaining surviving balloons...

Only to get out and they’re cut with the scissors. The camera even pans to them in their own cut shot.

there has to be some sort of meaning... just curious what all of your thoughts may be on that... or anything else you’ve noticed in her videos that weren’t obvious but seemed to be a hidden meaning.

GO!

This made me watch the video that i haven't seen in years. I always thought it was about the loss of innocence too but the first words say "Our idols and demons will pursue us until we  learn to let them go".  

And a comment made by someone that its about her father keeping her away from the pleasures that he himself is attracted to.

The meanings actually  get deeper and deeper

Bit of the director insight here:

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/tag/bobby-woods/

They were playing heavily with NY's The Factory concept and I think most part of the symbology was a bit abstract to recreate that artistic approach to videography.

The guy there is obv. Joe Dallesandro, (I think played by Joe Stefano) she is clearly replicating Edie Sedgwick looks.

Udo Kier reminds of Alain Delon in 'Rocco & his brothers" The black and white dramatic cuts are so Italian..Visconti, Fellini.

I have the feeling that the balloons were use in some Warhol short. The banana and the disco glitz are clear reference to the Velvet Underground cover and Warhol's " Mario Banana', the Studio 54.