Madonna and Kids Have Reunion With Guy Ritchie and Wife

Voguerista

Time and age are such funny things. The photo of smiley M and Guy in 2008 is how I picture these two when I think of their marriage (along with the very regal photos of Rocco's 2000 Christening!)

To see M - and even Guy now - looking so much older is a scary reminder of how time is passing by. They and WE are getting older. Thinking of the iconic looks of M and the associations that I have of her and her image with specific years and eras of my own life... makes me a little sad to think about it.

P.S. Guy and M sure didn't talk. You can be hella sure that the paps woulda gotten THAT shot if they did.

good morning hello GIF

35 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Time and age are such funny things. The photo of smiley M and Guy in 2008 is how I picture these two when I think of their marriage (along with the very regal photos of Rocco's 2000 Christening!)

To see M - and even Guy now - looking so much older is a scary reminder of how time is passing by. They and WE are getting older. Thinking of the iconic looks of M and the associations that I have of her and her image with specific years and eras of my own life... makes me a little sad to think about it.

P.S. Guy and M sure didn't talk. You can be hella sure that the paps woulda gotten THAT shot if they did.

good morning hello GIF

That is so true... times flies so fast... when i begin to think of those things i get kinda nostalgic...

18 hours ago, Kieran said:

good morning hello GIF

They looked miserable that night in 2008. It was just for appearance sake. They were already divorcing.

It looks like Madonna just dropped the kids off and left.

57 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

She just wasn't herself during those years. Glad they're over.

I think the other way around actually, that she's totally lost in her head since the divorce but that's another matter... Gimme 2000 to 2007 Madonna anytime over 2008 to 2020 Madonna ! 

33 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I think the other way around actually, that she's totally lost in her head since the divorce but that's another matter... Gimme 2000 to 2007 Madonna anytime over 2008 to 2020 Madonna ! 

Agree. The divorce completely sent her off kilter in many ways. I’m not sure she’s ever made it out of the wilderness since. 

3 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

So true!!! During her marriage to Guy she changed to the best... everything was just perfect. You can see she was living her best life. ♥️

I think the rumoured miscarriage around American Life era must have really devastated them both. I don't think it's uncommon for couples to feel like something between them has gone when something devastating like that happens. I have friends who have been in the same situation. Something breaks that you just can't fix.  

...but also..do not underestimate that brilliance of couples with a large age gap. My partner if 14 yrs younger than me and honesty...it works better than any relationship I've ever known. Many men around my age were set in the ways / given up. If like me Madonna has a thirst for life, like we know she does, a younger partner is defo a good thing. The problem is these guys will probably want to start a family at some point so the relationship is finite. Another divorce with grown up kids Lourdes and Roccos age would be oerfect for her. Maybe someone in their mid 40's.

Seeing her with Sean a while back felt ....right somehow. I always liked the rumour that she was dating that baseball player guy too. Until I saw he was married. 

On 7/17/2020 at 9:39 AM, drivebitch said:

They looked miserable that night in 2008. It was just for appearance sake. They were already divorcing.

It looks like Madonna just dropped the kids off and left.

In that particular 2008 picture it looks as though M is relatively happy at that moment with the laughing smile - although Guy does seem to be doing his usual tight grasp on her arm. When I said 'this is how I picture these two together', I was thinking more of their physical appearance - and noting how much both of them have aged. Guy no longer looks much younger than M in 2020! And the difference that just 12 years can make.

I've thought more about this over the past couple of days after reading through the recent TOAC thread. When M was married to Guy, she had some fantastic creative and commercial peaks. Of course, the marriage and Guy were not the only factors at this time, but I think that the 'structure' and the discipline that came with the marriage helped to keep M 'on-track', so-to-speak. I am not suggesting that M should have stayed married to Guy for the benefit of her career, but I think the marriage and 'family life' gave her an artistic and professional focus that has been lacking since (both on records and with life on the road).

Speaking of TOAC, it is very revealing that M dug deep into the ROL, Music and AL albums. The focus on Music and AL in particular tells us that M holds a special place in her heart for these albums - and I would, therefore, suggest - those years of her life.