Open your heart live by Donna DeLory

Enrico

17 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I miss Niki Haris and Donna De Lory so much...  :frown:

I miss them too! I think in this last tour Muchie and Yahzarah were incredible backup singers, but M's obsession for prerecorded tracks and album versions submerged their vocals and didn't give them the opportunity to show their amazing qualities, that we have heard when they sung Crazy backstage.

I do love this. I actually really, really dislike stripped down Madonna songs that are slowed and done acoustically. But I like this over the MDNA OYH. 
I dint know who’s choice is was to not work together anymore... but whoever decided that really shit the bed. As a trio these ladies were unstoppable. Her backup singers haven’t been the same since DWT. The mix of vocals since then has been a train wreck. 

Commands the stage like a bullfrog. I'd have turned those guitars way up following her abrupt request! Donna's a legend for her work with Madonna and Belinda Carlisle, but she's a totally generic performer in my opinion, and she really doesn't have a particularly distinct style vocally. There's a reason she was a popular background vocalist, and never a successful mainstream singer. 

powerful vocals - I dont think Madonna is capable of singing this song, without heavily altering it.  She just cant belt it.

That said, Madonna is madonna - all that stage presence etc.  Donna just isnt at that level but her chops are still super strong!

Isnt it true that the demo of Open your heart that Madonna initially heard had Donna singing it.