How does she airbrush videos?!

alanuk

I’ve just been watching the Nobody Knows Me unedited footage on YouTube and it looks so different to what we see once finished. Obviously this must have been filmed with studio lighting and makeup and I’m guessing no filters yet but I know you can airbrush photo’s etc, but is it possible to actually airbrush “live” or I should say recorded videos?

This is post-production editing. Been used in videos for a long time. They simply use some filter that smooths the skin. If you look closely on Britney's Stronger video, her face is smooth but somehow is really sharp around her eyes and lips. This FX was very popular back then. I remember reading about the German girl group No Angels paid 20k out of their pockets to have their video edited to make them look "smooth".

I wonder if it's available for sale.

2 hours ago, alanuk said:

I’ve just been watching the Nobody Knows Me unedited footage on YouTube and it looks so different to what we see once finished. Obviously this must have been filmed with studio lighting and makeup and I’m guessing no filters yet but I know you can airbrush photo’s etc, but is it possible to actually airbrush “live” or I should say recorded videos?

Post production as someone has said. It's standard industry practice. I think sometimes it works better than others - the Ariake ad's I think are a little over done lol. 

I heard that this was one of the reasons David La Chapelle refused to do her Hung Up video.  Can anyone confirm?  She asked him to do some type of airbrush treatment along with directing that video for one fee and he declined.  Apparently he would only direct it and she have to pay someone herself to smooth her out. 

Anyone know if this is true? or some lie passed around? or? receipts please.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:32 PM, AModSquad said:

I heard that this was one of the reasons David La Chapelle refused to do her Hung Up video.  Can anyone confirm?  She asked him to do some type of airbrush treatment along with directing that video for one fee and he declined.  Apparently he would only direct it and she have to pay someone herself to smooth her out. 

Anyone know if this is true? or some lie passed around? or? receipts please.

Which is weird since all subjects of David LaChapelle photos end up looking like wax figures.

Maybe in the old days they used filters on the lens but I think these days they airbrush it the same way they would photos just doing it frame by frame? Or there are probably filters they can put on there really no different to what people use on snapchat and instagram just more hi tech with more professional looking results.