Anyone else embarrased by the new "Quarantine Madonna"?

Team Madonna

I think she is still here. I am not sure about the whole comeback thing. The world seems to use that for every artist.  The industry gets tired of people quickly so Madonna is more than fortunate to have garnered as much popularity and success as she has.  Really, only a handful of people from the 80s to now are memorable or household names. 

I'm embarrassed by some of her Instagram posts if that answers your question. Most of them are harmless though unless they happen to be unintentionally offensive like the n-word ordeal from a few years ago. What bothers me a lot more is the fact that she went out protesting like a month ago without a mask.

Edited by Nahual (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, scion said:

Yes she's embarrassing. I don't really look at the stuff she posts. When she was with Guy she gave off this really cool vibe, of an intelligent mature woman. But alas, all seems lost... and it's unravelling at pace.

I agree that she seems different but I feel like we’re all aware of this already, so topics like this seem a little unnecessary. The divorce clearly affected her and she has definitely been different since then and I don’t care for her social media either, so most of the time I just tend to ignore it.

1 hour ago, Team Madonna said:

Oh, like it doesn't bother you...imagine what her KIDS (the ones that live with her) must be going through 

Not me. I try not to take it too seriously. She's not hurting anyone. There are far more embarrassing people on social media than her. She is provocative with a lot of her posts, making her very polarizing.

This topic is such a waste of space and the favourite place for "fans" to complain about something that's been discussed and overanalysed a thousand times. Don't you get tired? Don't you have anything else to do out of this board? :thumbsdown:

I guess the next couple of posters includes that awful Rhinowhatever who doesn't like shit.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, artlover said:

Fire walk with me...

I usually love the horror genre but honestly that show really really gave me the creeps :lol:

IMO, her instagram is the worst celebrity account I have ever seen. She seems to be surrounded by only yes people and she seems completely out of this world. She doesn't even look like that smart, perceptive woman from the past. No interesting facts, photos or videos about her career. Only bad montages to celebrate singles or album anniversaries. Bad selfies, it doesn't even look like she worked with the best photographers in the world. Lots of kids exposure, especially the twins. Really embarrassing. I still love her, but I stop following her on instagram.

I don't really get the "comeback" thing. If we're talking about her presence on social media, she can be embarrassing at times, but just like any other person in their 60s, but that has nothing at all to do with Madonna the artist.

She must be one of the artists who releases music more consistently, and just last year she released one of the boldest albums of her career, so I don't think we should be talking about a comeback of any type, she'll just keep going in any case.

Edited by Adriabs (see edit history)

If it helps, since that article was published, she's clearly hired a new social media team.

The captions are now in quotation marks to indicate she's not the one posting them. Instead of low-res screenshots or unflattering selfies, now there's high quality video clips, carefully selected photos of her (few and far between lately) and high quality re-posts, particularly in the Stories.

There's been no disastrous content, only one that's been really attention-grabbing (because it's gorgeous) nude mirror selfie. The rest has been political and a lot of nostalgic "remember that Madonna has always stood for X Y and Z" flashback posts, the Russian concert one being a prime example.

Someone's doing a very careful, professional job with her social media now, and good for her! Let's hope it has a strong impact on her public perception as the months and years go on.