Madonna+Dua Lipa for Wonder Woman?

Enrico

Nothing was announced about the soundtrack in the first 2019 press release, so it is still possible they have added a last minute song for the credits. Masterpiece was written after the film was completed, if I remember well. Actually, we don't even know if the supposed duo was recorded recently. News of Madonna is quite a reliable source, to post a fake like this one info would destroy their trustworthiness.

Whatever it is is definitely not coming on August 7th.  There's no way any soundtrack would be released indefinitely before a film.  Top Gun: Maverick is now pushed back another 7 months to July 2021.  The next 15 months are going to be a theatrical wash.  Nobody's going to release any movies til they can be sure American audiences will attend in sufficient numbers to make back the investments in the films in the first place.  Even if it's delayed 1 or 2 years.

I literally get emails every day saying you can rent an entire theater now for a private showing for $200... but there's nothing to watch and who would bother taking the risk for an old film?  It's a dire situation.

4 hours ago, stfan97 said:

Whatever it is is definitely not coming on August 7th.  There's no way any soundtrack would be released indefinitely before a film.  Top Gun: Maverick is now pushed back another 7 months to July 2021.  The next 15 months are going to be a theatrical wash.  Nobody's going to release any movies til they can be sure American audiences will attend in sufficient numbers to make back the investments in the films in the first place.  Even if it's delayed 1 or 2 years.

I literally get emails every day saying you can rent an entire theater now for a private showing for $200... but there's nothing to watch and who would bother taking the risk for an old film?  It's a dire situation.

I meeeeeean, Apple is shelling out coins for exclusive film releases... They paid Sony 70 Million for Greyhound to be exclusive on Apple TV+.

18 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I meeeeeean, Apple is shelling out coins for exclusive film releases... They paid Sony 70 Million for Greyhound to be exclusive on Apple TV+.

A film that is pretty universally panned and no one watches cause no one is going to watch Apple TV no matter what.

The blockbusters need like $800m to break even.  It's not going to happen.

Considering Madge's recent collaborations, this is probably going to be a hot mess. And I know I've said this before but the way some of y'all stan Dua Lipa because she makes cliche nu-disco pop music and are trying so hard to elevate her makes me laugh. If she's really in charge of writing that whole movie's soundtrack then I'm already preparing myself for the mediocrity. 

7 hours ago, stfan97 said:

Is it the "soundtrack" or just a song to be released at that date?  A lot of people release songs ahead of a soundtrack and film release, sometimes months ahead.  I'm not sure where people got the idea that Dua Lipa is doing the full soundtrack? The way I read the tweet is she and two other artists (Madonna and Missy Elliot) are featured on a track. Not two different tracks. That's if any of this is true?  You are most likely correct about any major film being released in the near future, but WW84 has already been delayed three times already. Not only that, I've been reading that the motion picture industry is trying to find a way to release these blockbusters sooner than later.  I think they are aiming future blockbusters for an international release before it hits the United States. 

My opinion, not that anyone asked for it, but I'm 41, and i've been a Madonna fan for a very long time. Big fan of Cher and Kylie and Blondie and Annie and Bjork -- and those women broke down a shit-tonne of barriers, moved the envelope -- crushed stereotypes and created the blue-print for what we see today.

That said, now that all that work is done -- the new comers have very little to do. They're just repeating over and over bits and pieces of songs and videos that worked, it's fucking boring.

Dua Lipa -- I decided to give another chance. I unclenched my jaw (which clenches like a mother fucker when I feel forced through something, like one of her songs or a video) and gave it an open minded chance. 

She's pretty. She has an attitude, I guess -- like she doesn't care, or she's not awake -- is she always this expressionless? There's just nothing for me to grab on to and enjoy. Just a generic dance song with a generic message about nothing --- or is that what people want now? Less of a personality and just a blank avatar to live vicariously through? I'm not sure. 

I like Gaga's music, but I find her exhausting to listen to when she talks, like a Bette Midler -- she comes off an "artist" that peaked in drama class in high school.  Jazz hands!!!

Why do I mention Gaga? Only because I'm able to separate music from a person -- and for Dua, I see and hear nothing to enjoy. Whereas with Gaga I really get into her music, but run away when she starts to talk. 

But just my opinion. I'm trying to not become the old guy that thinks young kids suck -- but man, she sucks!!! 

Edited by captainjay (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, captainjay said:

My opinion, not that anyone asked for it, but I'm 41, and i've been a Madonna fan for a very long time. Big fan of Cher and Kylie and Blondie and Annie and Bjork -- and those women broke down a shit-tonne of barriers, moved the envelope -- crushed stereotypes and created the blue-print for what we see today.

That said, now that all that work is done -- the new comers have very little to do. They're just repeating over and over bits and pieces of songs and videos that worked, it's fucking boring.

Dua Lipa -- I decided to give another chance. I unclenched my jaw (which clenches like a mother fucker when I feel forced through something, like one of her songs or a video) and gave it an open minded chance. 

She's pretty. She has an attitude, I guess -- like she doesn't care, or she's not awake -- is she always this expressionless? There's just nothing for me to grab on to and enjoy. Just a generic dance song with a generic message about nothing --- or is that what people want now? Less of a personality and just a blank avatar to live vicariously through? I'm not sure. 

I like Gaga's music, but I find her exhausting to listen to when she talks, like a Bette Midler -- she comes off an "artist" that peaked in drama class in high school.  Jazz hands!!!

Why do I mention Gaga? Only because I'm able to separate music from a person -- and for Dua, I see and hear nothing to enjoy. Whereas with Gaga I really get into her music, but run away when she starts to talk. 

But just my opinion. I'm trying to not become the old guy that thinks young kids suck -- but man, she sucks!!! 

I disagree Gaga is a boring pain in the ass to listen to. Dua, I Don’t know. She’s definitely hotter and sexier andbthe few pics I’ve seen more interesting than the overrated Gaga. I’m done with this, things and times changes, gotta give it to M to keep on pushing through. And I’ve been a fan since holiday, 83, I think. I’m 100% percent done with tjis and excited.

There is nothing hot or sexy about Dua. Again, my opinion. She looks like a million girls I see every day - all my life - forever and ever -- nothing special, I'm not saying she's ugly -- she's just another person to me.

I find Madonna to be completely interesting to look at and she has so many different angles physically but also in her personality to enjoy and discover.

Dua looks like a cousin I have. 

32 minutes ago, L*ckySt*r said:

You are most likely correct about any major film being released in the near future, but WW84 has already been delayed three times already. Not only that, I've been reading that the motion picture industry is trying to find a way to release these blockbusters sooner than later.  I think they are aiming future blockbusters for an international release before it hits the United States. 

The delays weren't long enough.  See Mulan, also shifting to 2021.  The studios have spent too much money to give these films away.  And no, they won't be doing international releases first.  Once that happens, they'll be instantly pirated and lose ALL their US revenue potential.

1 minute ago, stfan97 said:

The delays weren't long enough.  See Mulan, also shifting to 2021.  The studios have spent too much money to give these films away.  And no, they won't be doing international releases first.  Once that happens, they'll be instantly pirated and lose ALL their US revenue potential.

Yes, pirating was a concern going that route, but the industry is scrambling to do something quick and are still considering internationally releasing into theaters. We will have to see what happens.

4 hours ago, captainjay said:

There is nothing hot or sexy about Dua. Again, my opinion. She looks like a million girls I see every day - all my life - forever and ever -- nothing special, I'm not saying she's ugly -- she's just another person to me.

I find Madonna to be completely interesting to look at and she has so many different angles physically but also in her personality to enjoy and discover.

Dua looks like a cousin I have. 

Ha! She’s pretty but yeah she looks like every other pretty girl I see on the street. And anyway looks are nothing when you don’t have an attitude......and I’m not sure Dua has much of one. I love her new album but that’s it’s it. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Next ... when are we getting warning signs demo ? ??

Never.

:bubblebitch:

I've been watching a few of those Madonna reaction videos during lockdown and a common theme is that the people are aware of Madonna having a song with Nicky MInaj or Justin Timberlake or whoever but NOT ONCE did it pique their curiosity to look into Madonna and her back catalogue. That makes me really sad

These collaborations never work and always just serve to highlight how Madonna's solo work (past and present) is overlooked

I think it's a bad idea, esp since the movie has the year 1984, which will have the haters saying the last time Madonna was relevant and jumping on the back of someone younger to make herself relevant again....bad bad bad idea

28 minutes ago, Maddyone said:

I think it's a bad idea, esp since the movie has the year 1984, which will have the haters saying the last time Madonna was relevant and jumping on the back of someone younger to make herself relevant again....bad bad bad idea

this is a sign more that this Collab will happen!! Produced by Stuart Price.

Even if the Song is awesome she always get bad critics.....so what's the point. Madonna & Dua sounds great to me.

So let it happen!

2 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Let’s pray for only the Madonna song first as a single:om:

@Enrico any updates?

News of Madonna has been silent since.

This is their last post in the site:

https://www.news-of-madonna.com/Exclu-NOM-les-details-Dua-Lipa-Madonna_a1308.html

On Twitter when someone accused them of trolling they replied:

14 hours ago, Maddyone said:

1984 was hardly the last year that Madonna was relevant by anyone's standards.  None if her monster hits had even happened. 

• Enrico unfeatured and locked this topic