Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) : OUT NOW!

Shoful

Sorry for the long post on this. I swear it’s on topic!

Call me a cynic, but this news isn’t surprising at all, because for the past several weeks of quarantine, around the time Guy O announced he is (still) Madonna’s manager, there’s been random news items like “where to begin with madonna’s back catalog” that Lucy O’Brien posted, along with other heritage-type articles w/ 30yrs of Vogue, Blond Ambition, I’mBreathless/Dick Tracy, and later this year 30yrs of the Vogue MTV performance, The Immaculate Collection, and the amazing and brilliantly handled scandal that was Justify My Love. 
As a fan, I’ve always thought a “feat. Madonna” is just a bonus, and it makes way more sense to me than a “Madonna, feat:...” which always feels like I have to share half of Madonna’s song with someone I could give a shit about. It’s a win-win for everyone involved, and it plays perfectly with the recent “Don’t you want to love Madonna again?” type of narrative with the typical PR-spin. 
it shows mostly that Madonna has actually needed some career management, and PR that isn’t about “how Madame X predicted cancel culture by testing the loyalty of alter-ego Madonna’s long-time fan base” ?

It feels very  post-American Life atonement campaign with the Gap/ITHG w/Missy, feat on MATM w/ Britney, opening the VMAs, remixed and revisited, and....the English Roses(!?!?), all of which I have no complaints about, it took a lot of work and ambition on M’s part to make a 180 degree turn and end 2003 blowing Estée Lauder scented fairy dust at us, after starting the year as Patty Hearst pointing a rifle at us.
It also took A LOT of behind the scenes wheeling and dealing and corporate sponsorships by smart management, and she had an in-house publicist through WB to map it out for her.

I think that featuring on Did Lipa’s remix is basically giving her another #1 single, definitely her 51st dance #1 if nothing else, and it’s all handled by her former record company. I hope i like it. Lol. 
I have a feeling we’re about to witness another patented-Madonna switcheroo, whilst we wait for her screeching “Death to the Patriarchy!!!l” on film, she’ll quietly sign right back up with Warner and the comfort of a corporate expense account. Lol. 

11 hours ago, vesalii said:

It could be possible that this marks a comeback to Madonna? I mean, a come back to work with Stuart Price again, Levitating was produced by him.

9 hours ago, sidney78a said:

it would beeeeeeeee, it would be so nice - everybody spread the word :Madonna013:

8 hours ago, Voguerista said:

That would be a dream come true! 

Well M' new insta post kinda points in that direction... knowing how M likes to be cryptic on her next projects and give hints on her insta posts, could this mean new disco/Stuart Price collab is on the way? Or maybe that's her way of announcing the Dua Lipa collab and that the remix will be heavily disco influenced ?! After all she hasn't posted anything after Dua Lupa did so i assume this her HER post about it :

4 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I want to ask you something. Is Missy Elliott still relevant in the US?

I haven't heard of her for ages. I don't think the new generation knows her here in Italy.

Missy Elliot has legacy. She became ill and coul'dnt go back to do music for so many years.

But is a bit like Janet Jackson coming back...more about her career and fans that new follows.

49 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

a reknown Dj that used to go by Black Madonna

Hmmm i would say 99% of the population has never hearf of her and honestly the few tracks i have heard from her i have not been impressed at all... Then again i have the feeling the new remix with Madonna will be good, just a feeling...

42 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I want to ask you something. Is Missy Elliott still relevant in the US?

I haven't heard of her for ages. I don't think the new generation knows her here in Italy.

Yeah she’s not very popular at the current time but she’s an icon & sure her fans are still interested in her music. ☺️ But I’m surprised why her? ?

1 minute ago, TonyMontana said:

Hmmm i would say 99% of the population has never hearf of her and honestly the few tracks i have heard from her i have not been impressed at all... Then again i have the feeling the new remix with Madonna will be good, just a feeling...

Exactly... till this moment I’m not sure who she is??? & why her name is Madonna? Lol... I guess one Madonna is enough right? & I’ve searched iTunes but I could find a thing. 

7 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

well not everybody listening only to chart music. She is big in festivals , clubs and working with big names worldwide.

On the last 5 years or so she was in every single relevant event.

She is been working/supporting the LGBTQ+ scene and she is supporter of PoC and queer artist.

I could'nt recognise 99% of artist or songs that chart right now. Still I understand they are relevant or known to some circle of people.

It's  about the worlds you move about.

This collaboration sounds perfect with the song.

Tbh I'm not a follower or big fan or Dua Lipa and I just listen to the song for first time.

But I'm sure they are gonna do a duo "Me agaisnt the music" and then Missy coming up at the 3rd part of the song with the rapping.  Blessed Madonna sounds is really detroit house influenced, old school R&B so she will just tune the whole sound to that vibe too. Not much difference of the song just making it more dancey.

2 minutes ago, xavier said:

Question, so is the Levitating remix part of the Wonder Woman soundtrack or is that part of the rumor no longer real.

As it is New of Madonna who has reported this and they were right about all the rest (the Missy elliot and Dua collab, the release date - mid August) then i assume the rest is true.

15 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

well not everybody listening only to chart music. She is big in festivals , clubs and working with big names worldwide.

On the last 5 years or so she was in every single relevant event.

She is been working/supporting the LGBTQ+ scene and she is supporter of PoC and queer artist.

I could'nt recognise 99% of artist or songs that chart right now. Still I understand they are relevant or known to some circle of people.

It's  about the worlds you move about.

Maybe but i'm still waiting to hear something "wowww" from that so famous and invited in all big festivals producer/remixer... the few things i heard are very generic and kinda boring to be honest... I hope we have a good suprise with this remix though.

• Enrico pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic