Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) : OUT NOW!

Shoful

Just now, likeaprayer76 said:

Ok but then it means that you' more excited by the 'come back' or by the fact it's a Dua Lipa song, than by the song itself. 

I hope Madonna is on the video though. It could be more interesting than the song. 

Madonna is on all the song with missy, Dua only on the first verse 

Ughhhh, more bloody autotune :nope:

This is the first Dua Lipa song I have ever listened to, and I must say, its not that impressive (I hope the original version of Levitating is better than this remix). The beat just sounds rather flat and boring, and it doesn't seem to have a lot of energy. Whilst this is more welcome than Madonna's appearances on 'songs' like Champagne Rose, it's still pretty poor and forgettable. 

EDIT... Just listened to the original.... much better than this mix

Having listened to this at least 10 times now,   I initially didn't like it..   I couldn't work out where Madonna was..   but after several listens I'd be tempted to say Madonna is on this track at least as much as Dua Lipa if not more..   Her vocals are all over this track and blend nicely with Dua Lipa's..    

After 10 listens I'd go as far as saying I really like it :)

6 minutes ago, Adam X said:

twitter isn't the only place it's being dragged on tho. YouTube comments are pretty reflective of the GP and the reception is not positive. 

Right. I think people were expecting something more close to the original, but they forget this is a club remix album. It is supposed to sound like this. I personally really like the instrumental and the reinvention of the song, the vocal part I think it's a little messy... But I don't care actually.

It's a great remix. Madonna sounds so fresh and good!

I absolutely hated the basic album version so i wasn't expecting much. This is real club music not rural gay bar stuff. I hope Madonna keeps the person who recorded her voice on this for the next album. If she had that voice on Madame X, the album would have been flawless. As for comments on social medias, remember what you do as soon as any female popstar releases something new, like 12 Y/0 you go leave a nasty comment. Don't act surprised when other fanbases do that too. I never take comments on social medias seriously because they are not serious. I love that bassline.

27 minutes ago, Adam X said:

twitter isn't the only place it's being dragged on tho. YouTube comments are pretty reflective of the GP and the reception is not positive. 

While a lot of the comments on the remix itself are negative, there are so many positives about Madonna’s parts which are really great to see. I thought the world forgot about our queen:hug:

27 minutes ago, Adam X said:

While a lot of the comments on the remix itself are negative, there are so many positives about Madonna’s parts which are really great to see. I thought the world forgot about our queen:hug:

I'm sorry, this remix is horrendous. Absolutely awful. I was really excited and... There's nothing even happening in it. It's the original song, except they took out all the melodic things, and replaced it with a shitty bass loop that lasts the ENTIRE song. For everyone who keeps saying this is a "club remix"... Madonna has a lot of those. Almost all of them are fantastic. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Mix)? ALL of Junior's mixes? C'mon. If this leaked as an outtake from years ago and charting wasn't a possibility, it would not be received well on here.

• Enrico pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic