Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) : OUT NOW!

Shoful

1 minute ago, Indominus said:

Sometimes I think Madonna deserves some of the stuff that happens to her. Collabs with Quavo twice (and even brings him to a horrible performance), but can't be bothered to film a green screen video for Dua (or even talk about her at all).

Thats what I said in the other thread.. like wtf. Why is she promoting the crap out of these horrible and uninspired people but when a real artist actually includes her she can’t find the time. Its shameful

1 minute ago, Indominus said:

The song was very badly received and not because Madonna, Dua or Missy. It's the damn instrumental that goes nowhere and drains the song of all energy. It's inevitable not to compare it to the original.

I think Stuart Prince himself could have made a much better remix.

The video could improve the general mood, if Madonna would be on it. 
Another bad decision that we can add to a now endless list of mistakes. 

I honestly expected a short cameo at the very least since the track is mostly Madonnas vocals. But hey, it's not the end of the world. 

7 minutes ago, scion said:

Stop moaning! 

This summer could very easily have been Madonna free, just be grateful she's done a single that's probably going to be her most famous in years.

lmao look at you being positive. 

The video is pretty cool with that mystic sign element but I don’t feel like I need to watch it again. And yes, at least a visual reference to Madonna would have been nice.

The audio is good enough for me with this one.

About Lipa... I like her but how about some serious singing and dancing lessons... And since she is working with pop legends now, how about asking Paula Abdul to teach her some moves? To add some well-doses iconic poses and moved here and there for accentuation. None of that Beyoncé wiggle now seen everywhere.
Having said that, why did M and Abdul never work together... something for another thread

Ok i'm kinda didived avout the fact she's not in the video... i explain, of course my first reaction was "Oh no, sh*t, she' not there" then i kept on watching the video and i loved what i saw. The video is beautiful, suits the vibe of the song perfectly, Dua is very hot. The video feels like a dream on an 80's night... and sorry to say it but that's the reality we're living it, if Madonna is not in the video then the video will get airplays on music tv channels. Some people will even like the track seeing the video and having no clue Madonna is indeed part of it while they would have turned it off if they saw Madonna with her Village people cap doing some Hip Hop mixed with Yoga moves.  And Madonna is so present in the video without even being there, her voice, her spirit, and Dua is like a little girl dreaming to be Madonna in her bedroom in the middle of the 80's. She even lipsinch some of Madonna lines, this is super cute. Yes, in the end i'm happy. It's an immacualte release without any mistep.

32 minutes ago, Indominus said:

Sometimes I think Madonna deserves some of the stuff that happens to her. Collabs with Quavo twice (and even brings him to a horrible performance), but can't be bothered to film a green screen video for Dua (or even talk about her at all).

Jesus Christ.  There is a pandemic and Madonna is injured.  Cut the woman some slack.  

Madonna may appear on Dua Lipa's new single Levitating alongside Missy Elliot, but the Queen of Pop was less forthcoming when it came to the song's accompanying music video.

According to insiders, Madonna and Dua were unable to film any scenes together due to hectic schedules.

While more time was added to the shoot than initially planned, it is thought that Madonna and Dua never managed to meet on set.

A source told Daily Star Online: "The track is set to be on the Wonder Woman 2 soundtrack as well as Dua's remixed album - it's the ultimate all female collaboration.

"Dua filmed the remix video in June over a few days.

"Madonna wasn't available to take part initially despite filming being over multiple dates and locations but then plans changed and an extra shoot was added.

"In the end M was able to film something but it wasn't at the same time as Dua."

The source added: "Dua looks amazing, she's rocking red hair and her boyfriend Anwar Hadid is in the video."

A rep for Madonna declined to comment.

A rep for Dua Lipa has been contacted by Daily Star Online for comment.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/madonna-dua-lipa-didnt-meet-22480374

5 minutes ago, Jet said:

Madonna is now trending on iTunes...can someone explain to my old brain what that means...does it mean lots of people are searching for her music today?

That exactly what it means. But iTunes is not the main music platform anymore: Spotify and Apple Music are - and YouTube of course.

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Hey you remember earlier in this thread when i said i didn't know the Blessed Madonna and what i heard from her sounded very average, and you told me she was really good... Well she really surprised me because i love love love the remix, it's the best thing Madonna has done in a decade and now i really want M to work with the Blessed Madonna for an album or some more tracks !

YAY! She apparently worked on the whole concept of the Mix album with Dua Lipa.

• Enrico pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic