Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) : OUT NOW!

Shoful

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 hour ago, Indominus said:

The song was very badly received and not because Madonna, Dua or Missy. It's the damn instrumental that goes nowhere and drains the song of all energy. It's inevitable not to compare it to the original.

I think Stuart Prince himself could have made a much better remix.

Can people please stop putting Stuart Price on a pedestal. I've come to consider COADF a missed opportunity for her not to have collaborated with a more dance orientated producer like Giorgio Moroder. 

20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Can people please stop putting Stuart Price on a pedestal. I've come to consider COADF a missed opportunity for her not to have collaborated with a more dance orientated producer like Giorgio Moroder. 

COADF was her last massive global success - and Giorgio's last productions all flopped. The decision to produce the album with Stuart Price was one of the best in her whole career, also because he created her last signature hit with Hung Up (even if she doesn't want to acknowledge that).

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

Ok i'm kinda didived avout the fact she's not in the video... i explain, of course my first reaction was "Oh no, sh*t, she' not there" then i kept on watching the video and i loved what i saw. The video is beautiful, suits the vibe of the song perfectly, Dua is very hot. The video feels like a dream on an 80's night... and sorry to say it but that's the reality we're living it, if Madonna is not in the video then the video will get airplays on music tv channels. Some people will even like the track seeing the video and having no clue Madonna is indeed part of it while they would have turned it off if they saw Madonna with her Village people cap doing some Hip Hop mixed with Yoga moves.  And Madonna is so present in the video without even being there, her voice, her spirit, and Dua is like a little girl dreaming to be Madonna in her bedroom in the middle of the 80's. She even lipsinch some of Madonna lines, this is super cute. Yes, in the end i'm happy. It's an immacualte release without any mistep.

Woah. You said it best. :cute:

Guest DeeperDeeper
2 minutes ago, Levon said:

COADF was her last massive global hit - and Giorgio's last productions all flopped. The decision to produce the album with Stuart Price was one of the best in her whole career.

Moroder and Madonna in 2004-2005 when COADF was recorded would have been a different period and he would have given that disco sound Madonna was looking for. 

Seriously COADF should have been sounding a lot more like this. 

COADF was a massive hit, because it was the most party dance album released at that time. 

22 minutes ago, Damucracia said:

Excuse my ignorance. what has to happen for the single to be a number one?

i know that’s not gonna happen. But is is only the sales, or also streaming and YouTube visualization?

All combined. Sales are not the main factor nowadays, streaming is. A #1 needs to be added to the main playlists on Spotify and Apple Music, and a viral music video is important too.

Radio is not essential like it was in the past, but it helps, too.

Just now, Ashley said:

Moroder and Madonna in 2004-2005 when COADF was recorded would have been a different period and he would have given that disco sound Madonna was looking for. 

Seriously COADF should have been sounding a lot more like this. 

I love this Moroder production and in this direction COADF would certainly have been very interesting. But in my opinion you can tell from the album how much joy she had with Price to listen to old records and how they lived together for a short time and merged into a musical dream couple.

Unfortunately Moroder was too old for such a musical synergy. His productions after that are good, but there is simply missing that incredible spark that came to COADF.

3 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

So, as it's been said M filmed herself her parts of the music video, i search on her insta account the post where she was pimped (hair, make up etc...) while she was at home these last weeks to have an idea of her look and i find those two posts...

PicsArt_08-14-01_37_50.thumb.jpg.0a9662244b9f106cb8285115869a5f8a.jpg

not good looks/photos

17 minutes ago, MadonnasPussy said:

The CURSED Madonna DJ that created this remix....

KILL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS!

theblackmadonna.jpg

tenor.gif

When she did her gig at Barcelona, and I was working managing her drag dancers, I was so excited and I was recording everything with my phone. She took it from my hand and she made a pic of her pussy and returned it to me, like if she was upset of all the attention. 

I think she will need some new fans that want to record her again with their phones after the online debacle of this remix and the cancellation of all of the live shows in the world. lol

5 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

When she did her gig at Barcelona, and I was working managing her drag dancers, I was so excited and I was recording everything with my phone. She took it from my hand and she made a pic of her pussy and returned to me, like if she was upset of all the attention. 

I think she will need some new fans that want to record her again with their phones after the online debacle of this remix and the cancellation of all of the live shows in the world. lol

Mad Breaking Bad GIF by MOODMANscary

14 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

When she did her gig at Barcelona, and I was working managing her drag dancers, I was so excited and I was recording everything with my phone. She took it from my hand and she made a pic of her pussy and returned it to me, like if she was upset of all the attention. 

tenor.gif

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 hour ago, Levon said:

I love this Moroder production and in this direction COADF would certainly have been very interesting. But in my opinion you can tell from the album how much joy she had with Price to listen to old records and how they lived together for a short time and merged into a musical dream couple.

Unfortunately Moroder was too old for such a musical synergy. His productions after that are good, but there is simply missing that incredible spark that came to COADF.

Did they actually live together or did she record the album at Stuart's place and she came in every day. 

To me she had a concept, needed an album and a massive seller after AL and Price was the risk free person in the right place at the right time. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
7 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

That's the problem with internet and forums, at the end of the day it's the same for every pop stars, disappointed fans are always louder than the ones who enjoy things.Internet is just a place to rant now. I wonder if people are still able to enjoy something anymore. Too scared to say they love something when someone who doesn't keeps telling it's trash and tries to get into people's heads to convince them it is. 

I listened to Erotica and Madame X from start to finish one night a few months ago and thought a similar thing. It's like we've lost freedom to listen to anything we want without risk of some stigma and shame for listening to it. 

• Enrico pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic