Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) : OUT NOW!

Shoful

3 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Madonna may appear on Dua Lipa's new single Levitating alongside Missy Elliot, but the Queen of Pop was less forthcoming when it came to the song's accompanying music video.

According to insiders, Madonna and Dua were unable to film any scenes together due to hectic schedules.

While more time was added to the shoot than initially planned, it is thought that Madonna and Dua never managed to meet on set.

A source told Daily Star Online: "The track is set to be on the Wonder Woman 2 soundtrack as well as Dua's remixed album - it's the ultimate all female collaboration.

"Dua filmed the remix video in June over a few days.

"Madonna wasn't available to take part initially despite filming being over multiple dates and locations but then plans changed and an extra shoot was added.

"In the end M was able to film something but it wasn't at the same time as Dua."

The source added: "Dua looks amazing, she's rocking red hair and her boyfriend Anwar Hadid is in the video."

A rep for Madonna declined to comment.

A rep for Dua Lipa has been contacted by Daily Star Online for comment.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/madonna-dua-lipa-didnt-meet-22480374

So we pretty much knew all along she wasn't going to be in the video, but were mislead with fake info that she was.  It is disappointing that she's not in the video, but it isn't the end of the world.  I would think that this would have given Madonna a great opportunity to have a moment here to show she's still very much relevant in pop video, but I guess it's become a missed opportunity. It's still a good video. I just wish Madonna was in it too. :sad:

Guest Nobody Knows Me

This is growing on me more and more with every listen and I’m just so happy to hear M’s natural voice. It is a shame that she wasn’t in the video, but the fact that Dua filmed it with her red hair (which was a couple months ago) implies M was probably having her surgery at that time. 

On 8/12/2020 at 11:34 PM, Voguerista said:

From BrokenHearts at Popjustice: 

Some info about the remix.

Dua first verse

Madonna second (same as the original)

Missy (obvs new rap vers)

Some new adlibs (by dua and madonna) and obvs the production is completely new.

It's more "subtle" than a lot of people probably thought it would be, but its a GREAT remix. It's chic as f**k.

And the artwork seems to be the artwork of the album (at least it is for the single)

So these people were 100% correct 

evrryone else, not so much 

This video was filmed probably last winter. And re-edit again now with the Missy parts ( Madonna's as we know) it never happened.

If Madonna did'nt have at hand a strong production team that made her look as her brand, she won't do it.

We are going through a pandemic that is limiting so much of this type of events.

2 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

When she did her gig at Barcelona, and I was working managing her drag dancers, I was so excited and I was recording everything with my phone. She took it from my hand and she made a pic of her pussy and returned it to me, like if she was upset of all the attention. 

I think she will need some new fans that want to record her again with their phones after the online debacle of this remix and the cancellation of all of the live shows in the world. lol

Or she was taking the piss because you have a camera in front of someone that wants people to dance, not to film them.

5 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Or she was taking the piss because you have a camera in front of someone that wants people to dance, not to film them.

Well, I was part of the working crew, and filming for work / website, and I wasn't in front of her, and definetly not there for dancing or as a public.  Literally she asked for my phone and took a pic of her pussy... I really like her style and music (like this new remix), but I found it rude. But look, she's struggling now. U never know in life ;) 

Just now, nito84bcn said:

Well, I was part of the working crew, and filming for work / website, and I wasn't in front of her, literally she asked for my phone and took a pic of her pussy... I really like her style and music (like this new remix), but I found it rude. But look, she's struggling now. U never know in life ;) 

I doubt she is struggling . There is always gonna be dislikes specially when it comes to mainstream and people that thinks a mix is some pre-made beat with a guitar loop on the back, like Avicci.

But then there are producers and Djs that don't rely on Spotify numbers.

13 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

This video was filmed probably last winter. And re-edit again now with the Missy parts ( Madonna's as we know) it never happened.

If Madonna did'nt have at hand a strong production team that made her look as her brand, she won't do it.

We are going through a pandemic that is limiting so much of this type of events.

Dua dyed her hair red back in May. The fact that she’s seen singing Madonna’s part makes me think they filmed the video set to the album version, prob even before they recorded the remix. Missys part was likely filmed sometime after the fact.

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

Dua dyes her hair back in May. The fact that she’s seen singing Madonna’s part makes me think they filmed the video set to thr album version, prob even before they recorded the remix. Missys part was likely filmed sometime after the fact.

Thats what i thought. It's been edited for the mix

1 minute ago, EgoRod said:

I doubt she is struggling . There is always gonna be dislikes specially when it comes to mainstream and people that thinks a mix is some pre-made beat with a guitar loop on the back, like Avicci.

But then there are producers and Djs that don't rely on Spotify numbers.

I agree that she's not mainstream at all, she's between commercial and underground, and I loved her set. But let's face it, the comments on her insta, FB, and Youtbe praise Madonna, Dua Lipa and Missy Elliot, not her. She's having a big backlash. Is not fair, but hey, she is not an angel as I know in my experience. 

1 minute ago, nito84bcn said:

I agree that she's not mainstream at all, she's between commercial and underground, and I loved her set. But let's face it, the comments on her insta, FB, and Youtbe praise Madonna, Dua Lipa and Missy Elliot, not her. She's having a big backlash. Is not fair, but hey, she is not an angel as I know in my experience. 

1133317707_ScreenShot2020-08-14at19_07_16.thumb.png.70e87d54362a0f65ebf8594e412e9e04.png

I think there's gonna be always a mixed opinion. I liked the Neptunes and Pharrel production. Then when I hear it Hard Candy I couldn't care less. Similar to the MDNA production.

As long as people talk about it that's how they make money. The problem is when nobody cares.

8 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

She won’t be destroyed by this lol. Don’t take stan twitter too seriously.

25 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Dua dyed her hair red back in May. The fact that she’s seen singing Madonna’s part makes me think they filmed the video set to the album version, prob even before they recorded the remix. Missys part was likely filmed sometime after the fact.

Apparently she dyed the hair red in June during Lockdown. I wonder if she did it to film herself in her room and added to the outside scenes with the actors/models.

• Enrico pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic