Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) : OUT NOW!

Shoful

3 minutes ago, Ayham said:

She’s lame & lazy... she + her team... they can easily do a close up video with awesome makeup & perfect hair... & yes we have a video... & just to remind you... M did a whole video Hung Up back in 2005 with a broken arm... so I’m sure she can manage her knee. But she’s careless lately. This song would get more attention if she appeared on the video. 

Again, you don't know the circumstances in why she wasn't involved? And if she isn't anything, it's "lame and lazy".  What you forget, that in 2005, we weren't in a middle of a pandemic. She also didn't have surgery over it. If I recall, it's not only a knee issue, but a hip issue too. Again, you should chill and just enjoy what we get. Not everything is as simple as you think it is. And Madonna is beyond "lame and lazy".  She spent months in horrible pain touring. That's not lazy!

5 minutes ago, o_g_c_x said:

Facts:

Same clothes, same table, same wigs, same hats.

You're welcome.

Damn you are right ! I was so convinced that was a new video... i've alaways heard people say she often posts old pics/video but i didn't really believe it... now that changed my mind for sure...

7 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

To 40++ yo gay men yeah certainly... for the young generation quite the opposite imo. Without M in the video it has a chance to be on heavy rotation on tv channels... sad but true...

Pretty much! The song with or without her in the video isn't going to get much more attention then it has already.  I highly doubt the remix will go top 10 either. Radio isn't going to play it and after a few days, the song will plummet on the digital sales charts.

3 minutes ago, o_g_c_x said:

I think there is no evidence she even recorded a video. In my opinion she only contributed with the audio.

You're right There isn't! It was reported early on, she wasn't going to be in the video. Not sure what made fans think differently? Sounds like the video was shot before Madonna recorded and submitted her vocals.

1 hour ago, diegolcl said:

I... don't understand why Madonna said yes to this?
I mean, why bother? She seems like she couldn't care less, almost nothing on her social media about it other than some screenshots posted on stories. I almost feel bad for Dua, hoping for a switch to the original version. Upoload a new edit of the video and get a hit out of it since most of her fan base didn't like the remix.

I can see why Madonna said yes. It’s a catchy dance song (which I’m loving and am thankful for)and it keeps her out there with young and classic current artists. As for the video, I think she would have done it if she could , but, she was in great pain from her injuries and possibly having surgery when the video was being filmed. I don’t know why she’s not plugging it on social media yet. But I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt in that she’s really busy with her film project, possibly doing ongoing rehab for her injuries, trying to keep up with her family, and getting ready to travel too for her birthday? Maybe too she’s been writing music when she gets inspired and getting ready for other projects? Sometimes keeping up with life is not an easy thing. 

58 minutes ago, L*ckySt*r said:

Again, you don't know the circumstances in why she wasn't involved? And if she isn't anything, it's "lame and lazy".  What you forget, that in 2005, we weren't in a middle of a pandemic. She also didn't have surgery over it. If I recall, it's not only a knee issue, but a hip issue too. Again, you should chill and just enjoy what we get. Not everything is as simple as you think it is. And Madonna is beyond "lame and lazy".  She spent months in horrible pain touring. That's not lazy!

you again. How many times do I have to ban you Liam/MarXus/Gilbert? :cryin: You're not wanted here and you never will be.

Madonna was out in London at an art gallery and marching without a mask very recently, it's not like she can't walk/is chained to a bed. Let's not pretend she couldn't do anything.
I think her absence in the video has more to do with not having control over post production, we know how every video since forever is edited and touched up a lot. Having to do things more "by herself" and not having a crew sucking up to her could be a reason too... or she just doesn't care.

The track is nice! But genuinely, I think M’s vocals get lost. To an average listener, I doubt they would even notice the change in singer from Dua to M. This is strengthened by the fact that Dua even lip syncs a bit of M’s part in the video (i see it is meant to be cute but it is just bizarre and a bit confusing)

And why the frig would you get MADONNA onto your track but then not ask/arrange a video appearance...?!? She is THE music video pap star ?

If Dua’s team shied away from having M in the video to make it more appealing to the youngsters, then maybe M should have stayed away. 

If M said no to Dua’s request to be in the music video, then why even bother doing the track? In its current audio-only state I think it is pretty much dead on arrival regarding exposure and pop culture gains for M. 

12 minutes ago, Kieran said:

The track is nice! But genuinely, I think M’s vocals get lost. To an average listener, I doubt they would even notice the change in singer from Dua to M. This is strengthened by the fact that Dua even lip syncs a bit of M’s part in the video (i see it is meant to be cute but it is just bizarre and a bit confusing)

And why the frig would you get MADONNA onto your track but then not ask/arrange a video appearance...?!? She is THE music video pap star ?

If Dua’s team shied away from having M in the video to make it more appealing to the youngsters, then maybe M should have stayed away. 

If M said no to Dua’s request to be in the music video, then why even bother doing the track? In its current audio-only state I think it is pretty much dead on arrival regarding exposure and pop culture gains for M. 

I do agree with you. But when I think about it... people are talking about Madonna now. Living for her in this. And when it comes to the video, they’re like where’s Madonna?! 
The main point is, Madonna is on everyone’s mind atm I think!

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

I can see why Madonna said yes. It’s a catchy dance song (which I’m loving and am thankful for)and it keeps her out there with young and classic current artists. As for the video, I think she would have done it if she could , but, she was in great pain from her injuries and possibly having surgery when the video was being filmed. I don’t know why she’s not plugging it on social media yet. But I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt in that she’s really busy with her film project, possibly doing ongoing rehab for her injuries, trying to keep up with her family, and getting ready to travel too for her birthday? Maybe too she’s been writing music when she gets inspired and getting ready for other projects? Sometimes keeping up with life is not an easy thing. 

She has time to facetime with a dog though... :Madonna032:

Just one more thing: this talk about "the song have more chance without M on the video, maybe Dua's team chose not to have her because of that" can be a valid point to a degree but it doesn't make sense. Madonna is very prominent on the cover of the album, are being tagged and talked about in every official article and her name is of course on the track as a featuring.  

53 minutes ago, Kieran said:

i certainly don’t think lipa’s team didn’t ask madonna to make an appearance. there must be another reason.

• Enrico pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic