Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) : OUT NOW!

Shoful

It's doing OK considering it's a club remix and the 6th song released from a highly successful album. I mean it's #39 in UK but the 5th single "Hallucinating" is #35. And she comes from two previous monster hits: "Don't Start Now" and "Break My Heart".

No physical edition pre-orders for the remix album yet... hope we'll get one!

On 8/22/2020 at 5:23 PM, steady75 said:

Me too I love it. I just think it’s floundering a bit. 

Well you have fanbases crying that it wasn't the original song with their new vocals tacked on and paying it dust. Remixes don't mean what they used to these new fanbases. They expect the same song with just new vocals and slight differences.

17 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's doing OK considering it's a club remix and the 6th song released from a highly successful album. I mean it's #39 in UK but the 5th single "Hallucinating" is #35. And she comes from two previous monster hits: "Don't Start Now" and "Break My Heart".

No physical edition pre-orders for the remix album yet... hope we'll get one!

That #39 is the peak chart position of the original version of the song, not the remix [which has yet to chart in the UK]. After all the hoopla that the gays have made about Miss Lipa's latest album and how it's supposedly redefining pop music, you'd think that her chart success would be much more impressive at this point.

Along with the official tracklist, all of the samples used on the remixes are listed, including Jamiroquai’s “Cosmic Girl,” Stevie Nicks’ “Stand Back,” Neneh Cherry’s “Buffalo Stance,” Stefani’s “Hollaback Girl” and Lyn Collins’ “Think (About It),” among others.

Tracklist:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/dua-lipa-blessed-madonna-club-future-nostalgia-1045865/

Wiki is updated too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Future_Nostalgia

13 hours ago, Nahual said:

After all the hoopla that the gays have made about Miss Lipa's latest album and how it's supposedly redefining pop music, you'd think that her chart success would be much more impressive at this point.

Maybe this is because that remix didn't impress many people? However, the original song wasn't world-shaking either. Sure, it's a bit more interesting than her featurings Champagne Rosé or God is a Woman, but that's all it is, when you compare what incredible remixes have been produced for Madonna. Levitating is just a nice bonus giveaway that Madonna obviously isn't even particularly interested in herself.

I love it more and more. Mike Dean co-produced it so i guess he is Madonna's new go to person since Rebel Heart and sound engineer on tour. FUCK THAT hahaha.

I wish she kept it for herself, turned it into a solo track with "go on the dance floor" lyrics (like a lot of her iconic hits). I understand Dua Lipa fans not liking because it's too sophisticated and they are too young to know real club music. They'll be happy about in a few years when they grow up and developp a more sophisticated taste.

19 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I love it more and more. Mike Dean co-produced it so i guess he is Madonna's new go to person since Rebel Heart and sound engineer on tour. FUCK THAT hahaha.

I wish she kept it for herself, turned it into a solo track with "go on the dance floor" lyrics (like a lot of her iconic hits). I understand Dua Lipa fans not liking because it's too sophisticated and they are too young to know real club music. They'll be happy about in a few years when they grow up and developp a more sophisticated taste.

Also Lauren D'Elia is involved as a vocal engineer!

I still have a hard time to recognize Madonna's voice. Although it had a different treatment compared to Madame X, I feel like they tried to make her sound similar to Dua Lipa. I find this humiliating. Her voice is so distinctive. The fact that they want her to sound young and different makes me really sad. The night the song was released I had an emotional breakout and lost hope we will hear her real voice again.

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Also Lauren D'Elia is involved as a vocal engineer!

I still have a hard time to recognize Madonna's voice. Although it had a different treatment compared to Madame X, I feel like they tried to make her sound similar to Dua Lipa. I find this humiliating. Her voice is so distinctive. The fact that they want her to sound young and different makes me really sad. The night the song was released I had an emotional breakout and lost hope we will hear her real voice again.

Sounds like Madonna to me! Especially when she's riffing.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic