Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) : OUT NOW!

Shoful

If this song hits #1 on the Dance/Club charts (which I hope & think it will easily) will it count as another for Madonna or no? I have no idea how the "charts" work anymore it's so confusing to us "old timers" lol. Someone with some knowledge please school me on this. I am hoping it will only add to her achievements there she deserves it! This song is a BOP idc what the naysayers be sayin lolol! 

I'm kinda disappointed the remix is like a non-event... i love it so much and i had so many high hopes... i know it's supposedly charting well on that specific "dance/club" charts but honestly that means nothing to me... clubs are not even open worldwide... i heard the song just once on radio... never saw the music video on tv.... yet i hear Kylie' new track very often on radios... i really begin to wonder if people really hate Madonna now... 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
21 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I'm kinda disappointed the remix is like a non-event... i love it so much and i had so many high hopes... i know it's supposedly charting well on that specific "dance/club" charts but honestly that means nothing to me... clubs are not even open worldwide... i heard the song just once on radio... never saw the music video on tv.... yet i hear Kylie' new track very often on radios... i really begin to wonder if people really hate Madonna now... 

Kylie’s song is played consistently because it’s a conformist radio-friendly pop song therefore it’s bound to get played more than a house and club song. Madonna’s actual pop songs are still played daily on the radio, she just doesn’t make many of them nowadays sadly. 

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

This isn't about Madonna.

This is a side project for Dua Lipa in the middle of her era. 

Madonna just happened to be featured in one of the tracks. She didn't even bother to be a part of the music video or anything. 

In fact, the one getting all the hate is The Blessed Madonna.

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

It's crazy how we cannot express anything nowadays on the web without immediately being taken out of proportions... in the end all is now tolarated is "i love it, it's beautiful, great, how amazing, ...." other than that you cannot express anything else or it will lead to a psychologucal analysis of your state of mind and bla bla bla... if things go on like this i think in two years from now discussions forums will be prohibited and forbidden on the net because of narrow minded people of this new generation who label everything... ten years ago we were able to discuss everything on forums, positive or negative, now before saying anything wich is not "wow amazing, brilliant" you hesitate because it will create an out of proportion reaction... behind all those so called "good attentions" of people playing the psychological internet police in the end it brings out the worst...

What are you talking about? Lol

Dua Lupa on Madonna from Grammy.com.... 

How did you manage to get Madonna on the "Levitating" remix?

It was very much a manifestation thing. I was thinking out loud. I was just talking with my manager and I was like, "You know who would sound really good on this? Madonna." And he said, "You know, we could try. We could send it to her and see if she likes it." She responded and she was so down. I was over the moon. I couldn't believe that she wanted to do this record with me. I'm such a fan. It was really exciting.

5 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

It's crazy how we cannot express anything nowadays on the web without immediately being taken out of proportions... in the end all is now tolarated is "i love it, it's beautiful, great, how amazing, ...." other than that you cannot express anything else or it will lead to a psychologucal analysis of your state of mind and bla bla bla... if things go on like this i think in two years from now discussions forums will be prohibited and forbidden on the net because of narrow minded people of this new generation who label everything... ten years ago we were able to discuss everything on forums, positive or negative, now before saying anything wich is not "wow amazing, brilliant" you hesitate because it will create an out of proportion reaction... behind all those so called "good attentions" of people playing the psychological internet police in the end it brings out the worst...

This is so true for life off the internet too...especially politically. I'm scared to say anything anymore for fear of offending someone. We're living in scary times.

Just say what you want. People will either like it or hate it. This is Madonna we are talking about. That’s the very essence of her career, and so we as fans should be able to acknowledge that strength within ourselves. Of course, on a forum there’s always the risk of a mob backlash. Then you just have to put on your big boy pants and not enter the personalization realm. Sometimes that’s tricky as hell, but it feels better to just keep it real, and step aside where there’s antagonism. 

On 8/31/2020 at 6:26 PM, Voguerista said:

This is so true for life off the internet too...especially politically. I'm scared to say anything anymore for fear of offending someone. We're living in scary times.

Yes, we have a white supremacist fascist taking over the most powerful country in the world, who has needlessly killed over 185,000 people in a pandemic and brought the US closer than ever to a race/civil war, environmental disaster (inc future pandemics), economic depression and getting closer to a world/nuclear war. It's really scary right now. Maybe Madonna's music and this forum can be of comfort to some, but unfortunately people want to argue over a remix and um upscales or how her boyfriend looks or just make thinly veiled bigoted comments. It's like entering some strange alternate reality in which it's the 90s and all that matters is Madonna's chart positions, legacy, image and success. Like she hasn't had a bad year and like the world isn't circling the bowl. :dead: 

17 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Yes, we have a white supremacist fascist taking over the most powerful country in the world, who has needlessly killed over 185,000 people in a pandemic and brought the US closer than ever to a race/civil war, environmental disaster (inc future pandemics), economic depression and getting closer to a world/nuclear war. It's really scary right now. Maybe Madonna's music and this forum can be of comfort to some, but unfortunately people want to argue over a remix and um upscales or how her boyfriend looks or just make thinly veiled bigoted comments. It's like entering some strange alternate reality in which it's the 90s and all that matters is Madonna's chart positions, legacy, image and success. Like she hasn't had a bad year and like the world isn't circling the bowl. :dead: 

This reads a bit disrespectful to members who wished to improve the organization & user experience of your forum, regarding upscales + fanmade content btw. People are capable of caring about different things at once and at different levels (as well as places/websites). :ay: 

2 minutes ago, TheRoad said:

This reads a bit disrespectful to members who wished to improve the organization & user experience of your forum, regarding upscales + fanmade content btw. People are capable of caring about different things at once and at different levels (as well as places/websites). :ay: 

I mean the people who fought endlessly, were rude to each other, and made the forum more unpleasant this year. Not the people who made contributions or made suggestions, obviously that's always welcome. 

23 minutes ago, Fighter said:

I mean the people who fought endlessly, were rude to each other, and made the forum more unpleasant this year. Not the people who made contributions or made suggestions, obviously that's always welcome. 

Oh okay, sorry if I misunderstood. :thumbsup: I do agree that there's no need in being rude to one another.

So the Lucky Star rumor was true:

With “Levitating,” I had to make the whole thing beginning to end as if Dua were the only person on it and then we sent that to Missy and Madonna and then they hopped on it. The second verse in “Levitating” and the backing vocals were replaced by Madonna, which she recorded separately in a studio; those were sent over through her engineer, who is a real hero of mine, Mike Dean. Madonna did different variations on stuff. At one point, it broke out into “Lucky Star” for a second which was crazy. Then Missy just dropped her whole verse and sent it over with the air horn included and it was like… it’s exactly as you expect. I ended up Frankenstein-ing these three versions together, then Madonna wanted Mike Dean to mix it all down. So I basically made it and then Mike mastered it and did the mix down on it. It was a great experience.

https://madonnaunderground.com/the-blessed-madonna-on-levitating-at-one-point-it-broke-out-into-lucky-star-for-a-second-which-was-crazy/

On 8/31/2020 at 12:33 PM, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

This isn't about Madonna...........

In fact, the one getting all the hate is The Blessed Madonna.

So true. When reading the comments on the YT video one can see that so many of the comments actually praise Madonna's appearance, noting her better-sounding less autotuned vocals. The majority of the dislike comes from the mix itself. In fact that is the reason I don't like the track... this (not so) Blessed Madonna has made the song sound so flat, uninteresting, and samey where it actually goes nowhere. 

44 minutes ago, Enrico said:

So the Lucky Star rumor was true:

With “Levitating,” I had to make the whole thing beginning to end as if Dua were the only person on it and then we sent that to Missy and Madonna and then they hopped on it. The second verse in “Levitating” and the backing vocals were replaced by Madonna, which she recorded separately in a studio; those were sent over through her engineer, who is a real hero of mine, Mike Dean. Madonna did different variations on stuff. At one point, it broke out into “Lucky Star” for a second which was crazy. Then Missy just dropped her whole verse and sent it over with the air horn included and it was like… it’s exactly as you expect. I ended up Frankenstein-ing these three versions together, then Madonna wanted Mike Dean to mix it all down. So I basically made it and then Mike mastered it and did the mix down on it. It was a great experience.

https://madonnaunderground.com/the-blessed-madonna-on-levitating-at-one-point-it-broke-out-into-lucky-star-for-a-second-which-was-crazy/

Ok now i want the unreleased lucky star version to leak !

• Enrico unfeatured this topic