Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) : OUT NOW!

Shoful

Guest Nobody Knows Me
14 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

It's the first time that we are having a proper single release, event if it's a collaboration, between records since Beautiful Stranger / American Pie! 

I'm happy that the traditional cycle of album + tour + 3 years of silence is over this time! 

Hopefully this time around she won’t take as long between albums. 

How fantastic would it be if we got the Madame X Tour Prime release by the end of this year and she announced she was recording a new album next year? Obviously not going to happen but still :Madonna041:

23 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

It's the first time that we are having a proper single release, event if it's a collaboration, between records since Beautiful Stranger / American Pie! 

I'm happy that the traditional cycle of album + tour + 3 years of silence is over this time! 

Me against the music, Hey you, Champagne rosé... ?!

3 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Me against the music, Hey you, Champagne rosé... ?!

Hey You was a promo back in the day for charity. Me Against The Music was released between Hollywood and Nothing Fails (in the middle of the American Life era) and Champage rosé wasn't a single. That's why I said 'A proper single release'. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

It’s actually hilarious how people argue she isn’t relevant anymore constantly...but yet she is still in their mouths.

:Madonna032:

1 hour ago, xavier said:

So will the levitating remix have a video. ??

It will be the second single fom this album. Because it came out at the same time of the pandemic crisis.

The first single had an video so it looks like there will be an attempt to have one.

I don't know if it will be to go along with the movie promotion , that wouldn't be a surprised. The movie supposed to come out last year too.

If the idea is a big plan to refresh Dua Lipa's launch, WW's premiere (maybe in October) , Missy was planning a come back this year too and Madonna's Madame X did'nt make as much as planned. There's cash to spend. People are at home streaming. It sounds like a great team effort.

levitating is the 5th single

1. Dont Start Now
  2. Physical
  3. Break My Heart
  4. Hallucinate
  5. Leviatating

I'm actually a little surprised they spunked Madonna & Missy on a feature on an already recorded song trotted out as a 5th single from the album. Dua's first album campaign has about 3 redux editions. 

Dua Lipa (standard) (9 singles)

Dua Lipa (Deluxe) ( 1 more single)

Dua Lipa (Complete Edition) ( 5 more singles)

Why they didn't move onto a brand new song to launch the next edition I'll never know.

16 singles on a debut is unreal. There were 24 tracks and remix. That's some Rebel Heart shit.

The new album has 11 tracks so there is 100% a deluxe ready to go. I can't think of a better way to launch it with the queen of pop. Missed opportunity.

This is going to be epic!

Levitating is my fav song of 2020 (also my fav track from Future Nostalgia, obviously)

Future Nostalgia is my fav album of 2020 (actually my fav album since Rebel Heart)

Dua Lipa is my fav newer artist

Missy is my fav hip-hop artist

Of course, Madonna is my fav artist of all time

I can't see this going wrong in any way. It's like a dream come true to me!

16 hours ago, steady75 said:

levitating is the 5th single

1. Dont Start Now
  2. Physical
  3. Break My Heart
  4. Hallucinate
  5. Leviatating

I'm actually a little surprised they spunked Madonna & Missy on a feature on an already recorded song trotted out as a 5th single from the album. Dua's first album campaign has about 3 redux editions. 

Dua Lipa (standard) (9 singles)

Dua Lipa (Deluxe) ( 1 more single)

Dua Lipa (Complete Edition) ( 5 more singles)

Why they didn't move onto a brand new song to launch the next edition I'll never know.

16 singles on a debut is unreal. There were 24 tracks and remix. That's some Rebel Heart shit.

The new album has 11 tracks so there is 100% a deluxe ready to go. I can't think of a better way to launch it with the queen of pop. Missed opportunity.

Yeah you are right I was thinking about the second single to have a video (if that was the case)

She came out with this on March thou, peak time for the pandemic doom

On 7/29/2020 at 2:51 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

It’s actually hilarious how people argue she isn’t relevant anymore constantly...but yet she is still in their mouths.

Well it's true cause nobody cares about her music. None of my friends knew about Madame X. None has heard a new song on the radio. How many magazine covers did we get in the past two years? She is not relevant anymore for what she does, which is terrible. She only catches attention for bad gossip on social media and junk papers for what she says - but this is not being relevant. It hurts me...

42 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Well it's true cause nobody cares about her music. None of my friends knew about Madame X. None has heard a new song on the radio. How many magazine covers did we get in the past two years? She is not relevant anymore for what she does, which is terrible. She only catches attention for bad gossip on social media and junk papers for what she says - but this is not being relevant. It hurts me...

That's not necessary a bad thing. Something I like about scandi music: Robyn, Ionna Lee, The Knife, Annie..Bjork. They do what they like and they have a follow that buy their records and go to their shows. They don;t need to be in every single radio station.

14 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

That's not necessary a bad thing. Something I like about scandi music: Robyn, Ionna Lee, The Knife, Annie..Bjork. They do what they like and they have a follow that buy their records and go to their shows. They don;t need to be in every single radio station.

This is true for real musicians who live for their music, who constantly make music.

Madonna is a popstar, she needs a great recording contract to make music videos and make huge tours with impressive screens, choreographies, sets. Her music is for the masses. Last time with MXT she had the opportunity to make something different, with real musicians and great backup singers and even a choir, and she screwed it with album versions and backing tracks again. She wasn't even able to change her speech from night to night. It was supposed to be intimate, but it was only close... RHT was more intimate.

The type of music and artist you suggest means a total change. 

24 minutes ago, Enrico said:

This is true for real musicians who live for their music, who constantly make music.

Madonna is a popstar, she needs a great recording contract to make music videos and make huge tours with impressive screens, choreographies, sets. Her music is for the masses. Last time with MXT she had the opportunity to make something different, with real musicians and great backup singers and even a choir, and she screwed it with album versions and backing tracks again. She wasn't even able to change her speech from night to night. It was supposed to be intimate, but it was only close... RHT was more intimate.

The type of music and artist you suggest means a total change. 

Of course I agree. But we all know you cant be pop after a certain point.

I was talking to a friend that works in Universal, last week. He was telling me how they consider target audience anyone below 25. These are the people they want to cater products for, streams, radio etc.. The ones that are up for listening what's hot and popular right now.

Older audience have their mind set and have loyalty for their idols. The big companies are no interested investing on them because they already know what they want.

These are the type of fans that if you are smart enough as an artist you'll work for them. That's why I was making examples of the Scandi sound. You can create music for the people that's gonna give you all of their money.

(Where's The Like a Prayer 30th Anniversary box?!)

• Enrico pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic