Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) : OUT NOW!

Shoful

The album is nice, a little uneven but some fun edits beats and creative touches. Clearing these samples must have been pricey. Interesting to note that Dua Lipa and Blessed Madonna have selected some top talented remixers many with storied careers, only MAW/Louie Vega and Stuart have remixed Madonna. Oh the possibilities. Hoping most/some of these come out “unmixed”.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
On 9/5/2020 at 4:33 PM, TonyMontana said:

Well i'm close to you ! I'm in north of France. Belgium border is 5 minutes away from my place !

indeed were not far away TonyMontana!!!!! still thinking ''la france'' keeps playing new madonna songs on the radio.  here,like i said ,its 80's M, or sometimes ''hung up'' ...  i hate this shit!!!!! why not play the dua lipa song with M  ,they play all her hit songs here every 30 minutes ,..all the time...on ALL channels... fucked up by this!!!!  really.  want a real M hitsong AGAIN...hope it will happen

• 3 weeks later...

This is very humiliating for Madonna. A slap in the face. Her contribution is considered irrelevant and they are not even willing to promote it anymore. Actually, I heard it many times on radio here in Italy and it also got to no. 1 on some radio charts this week.

But obviously Madonna's presence is not strong enough to promote the song, so they went back to the album version with a new featuring and a new video. Sad.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

It’s embarrassing for Madonna but then I guess there wasn’t much that they could do with it. The video didn’t have much going for it and the production was completely replaced with a radio unfriendly club mix. 

Perhaps if Madonna’s vocals were on the album version and they did a video it would have been pushed more. 

25 minutes ago, Enrico said:

This is very humiliating for Madonna. A slap in the face. Her contribution is considered irrelevant and they are not even willing to promote it anymore. Actually, I heard it many times on radio here in Italy and it also got to no. 1 on some radio charts this week.

But obviously Madonna's presence is not strong enough to promote the song, so they went back to the album version with a new featuring and a new video. Sad.

i wouldn’t see it that way. they are obviously trying to milk this song and cash in as much as possible.
3 videos for one song? who needs that? but it seems to work.

I heard that the new version of the song with the latest rapper-of-the-day failed to make the Top 100 on iTunes even after a day of being released, which makes me feel better about the version with Madge flopping. Clearly it was never going to be successful no matter who Miss Lipa put on the remix.

Maybe now we can all move on and stop acting like Future Nostalgia is some pop music juggernaut.

• 1 month later...

it’s interesting that she skipped doing her new mix. It would have been a great opportunity for M to get out there, with her new pink hair and she probably would have worn something amazing. But as far as movement goes, might not be a good idea to be on stage moving around yet.... still... would have been great.

4 hours ago, Andymad said:

it’s interesting that she skipped doing her new mix. It would have been a great opportunity for M to get out there, with her new pink hair and she probably would have worn something amazing. But as far as movement goes, might not be a good idea to be on stage moving around yet.... still... would have been great.

I'm sure she would have preferred DaBaby with her on stage. Their remix has proven a lot more successful in the US and has charted in BB Hot 20 I think. But sure I'd love the idea of Lipa in blue and Madonna in pink glimmering dresses and same boots. Well Missy too in a tracksuit or whatever

On 10/2/2020 at 8:21 AM, Enrico said:

That's not "humiliating". That remix was part of a special DJ set project, and we were incredibly lucky to have Madonna and Missy jumping on it.

Obviously, if people are BEGGING for a certain song on an album to become a single and you release a completely reworked version, it won't do that well. But still has more radio airplay than any Madonna single in the last 10 yrs, so it's a win/win for mom.

She didn't even appeared on the video. And Da Baby's remix hasn't been promoted too. The only version that is getting the performance treatment is the original one.

People, seriously, chill. This is not that deep. ?