Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) : OUT NOW!

Shoful

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Well it's true cause nobody cares about her music. None of my friends knew about Madame X. None has heard a new song on the radio. How many magazine covers did we get in the past two years? She is not relevant anymore for what she does, which is terrible. She only catches attention for bad gossip on social media and junk papers for what she says - but this is not being relevant. It hurts me...

Yes, she may not have the amount of fame and attention she had years ago, but saying she has no relevance anymore isn’t exactly true since two days ago she was trending worldwide for the thirty-seventh anniversary of her debut album and the announcement of her being on the Levitating remix, and she didn’t even mention either of those herself on Instagram, which is typical M :lol: 

As for Madame X, I think it received different amounts of attention around the world. I think here in the UK it received a little more publicity however not of it seemed to be particularly good since it was all post-Eurovision :cry:

24 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Yes, she may not have the amount of fame and attention she had years ago, but saying she has no relevance anymore isn’t exactly true since two days ago she was trending worldwide for the thirty-seventh anniversary of her debut album and the announcement of her being on the Levitating remix, and she didn’t even mention either of those herself on Instagram, which is typical M :lol: 

You're right, let's say she is losing relevance.

It's absurd that Steven Bray celebrated the anniversary and not Madonna, although he officially has limited involvement in writing and production (but he was there when the demos were created):

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Of course I agree. But we all know you cant be pop after a certain point.

I was talking to a friend that works in Universal, last week. He was telling me how they consider target audience anyone below 25. These are the people they want to cater products for, streams, radio etc.. The ones that are up for listening what's hot and popular right now.

Older audience have their mind set and have loyalty for their idols. The big companies are no interested investing on them because they already know what they want.

These are the type of fans that if you are smart enough as an artist you'll work for them. That's why I was making examples of the Scandi sound. You can create music for the people that's gonna give you all of their money.

(Where's The Like a Prayer 30th Anniversary box?!)

I totally agree with you!

If you hear the RH demos, there are very good pop song in terms of lyrics and melody, very promising for the typical Madonna audience. Some were ruined in search of something different. Even worse with MX, a contemporary young sound that doesn't fit her at all. A friend of mine found that Maluma was much more into Medellin than her.

I'd love a mature, adult album as Something to remember or Like a prayer. But obviously she doesn't want that. You can tell from her young boyfriend or her ridiculous a** 

But she is losing strenght and style...

13 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I totally agree with you!

If you hear the RH demos, there are very good pop song in terms of lyrics and melody, very promising for the typical Madonna audience. Some were ruined in search of something different. Even worse with MX, a contemporary young sound that doesn't fit her at all. A friend of mine found that Maluma was much more into Medellin than her.

I'd love a mature, adult album as Something to remember or Like a prayer. But obviously she doesn't want that. You can tell from her young boyfriend or her ridiculous a** 

But she is losing strenght and style...

I'm fine about her having younger bf ...I prefer those than the older broken ones she had. :)

'She is losing strength' because people can't stand the fact a woman her age is doing what she does.

It's ageism at is finest. People keep thinking she has to act a certain way or sound a certain way. I mean if you're old you can't sing about sex and parties, right? You have to keep singing about in your search for meaning in life and contemplating your own existence.

You're right, the thing is she never remembers the important ones. Like the 30th anniversary of Like a prayer. She should, cause we are all ready to spend our money on those commemorative boxes!

CaringReasonableDartfrog-size_restricted

Steven Bray has told an interesting story about the making of Into the groove 35 years ago. I'd rather have her telling stories - there is so much we don't know - and caring about her legacy than sharing Kabbalah prophets...

31 minutes ago, Indominus said:

'She is losing strength' because people can't stand the fact a woman her age is doing what she does.

It's ageism at is finest. People keep thinking she has to act a certain way or sound a certain way. I mean if you're old you can't sing about sex and parties, right? You have to keep singing about in your search for meaning in life and contemplating your own existence.

I don't mean that. If she made a coherent aand honest dance album I'd be happy.

But if she needs an operation and painkillers because she can't dance with high heels, it is ok to accept you're too old for that.

How old are you? I am 46 and believe me, your mind and your body changes. I am a teacher but also a singer and director, but my creativity has changed, the things I want to say are different, I don't see myself doing what I used to do 10 years ago. Strangely, people ask me to do it and are let down when I say no, but I am not interested anymore. It's nature, not ageism as far as I'm concerned.

16 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I don't mean that. If she made a coherent aand honest dance album I'd be happy.

But if she needs an operation and painkillers because she can't dance with high heels, it is ok to accept you're too old for that.

How old are you? I am 46 and believe me, your mind and your body changes. I am a teacher but also a singer and director, but my creativity has changed, the things I want to say are different, I don't see myself doing what I used to do 10 years ago. Strangely, people ask me to do it and are let down when I say no, but I am not interested anymore. It's nature, not ageism as far as I'm concerned.

So maybe she's anti-natural then. An exceptional case, and that's why I love her. As an example, on Sticky & Sweet she had more energy than on the Drowned World Tour, and more dates. That was amazing for me. We realised that she was slowing down after her 60's. Till then she was a super-woman. 

44 minutes ago, Enrico said:

She made a lot of "mature stuff" around her 40s and then she let go of that more and more. As you mature you explore yourself and you might become more serious, but then you let go of that stuff. That's the whole point of introspection, being happier and more free and I'm glad she's continued to be those things with time, it means she has matured very well. Even if we may not understand some of her choices, we are not 61 and we're not her lol. 

And she's still adding to her legacy, she should save the old stories for when the time comes for that. Middle aged artists are not very celebrated usually until later on. She has time for that.

On 7/28/2020 at 2:33 PM, nito84bcn said:

Hey You was a promo back in the day for charity. Me Against The Music was released between Hollywood and Nothing Fails (in the middle of the American Life era) and Champage rosé wasn't a single. That's why I said 'A proper single release'. 

I thought "Hey You" was a full-fledged commercial single. It had an accompanying video and it's always been for sale in the iTunes store...

15 minutes ago, Fighter said:

wasn't that originally released for free online for Live Earth? 

It was free for 1 week (or month) on MSN website. Then later added to iTunes, but I think it was after the show. Radios didn't add the song to their channels, (and she was full force back then), so I didn't consider it a commercial single like American pie was. It was a charity single... 

1 hour ago, clkelley39 said:

I thought "Hey You" was a full-fledged commercial single. It had an accompanying video and it's always been for sale in the iTunes store...

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

wasn't that originally released for free online for Live Earth? 

Yes you could download it for free.

It's the only Madonna song that never got a physical release in any form, apart the live version.

8 hours ago, EgoRod said:

Of course I agree. But we all know you cant be pop after a certain point.

I was talking to a friend that works in Universal, last week. He was telling me how they consider target audience anyone below 25. These are the people they want to cater products for, streams, radio etc.. The ones that are up for listening what's hot and popular right now.

Older audience have their mind set and have loyalty for their idols. The big companies are no interested investing on them because they already know what they want.

These are the type of fans that if you are smart enough as an artist you'll work for them. That's why I was making examples of the Scandi sound. You can create music for the people that's gonna give you all of their money.

(Where's The Like a Prayer 30th Anniversary box?!)

This, rather crushingly, makes so much sense. If the industry see us over 25 as dead and irrelevant how much attention do you think theyre gonna pay to a 60+ yr old pop startler who is past her supposed prime and has seen diminishing returns for the best part of two decades.

• Enrico pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic