Brainstorming M15

Roy

7 hours ago, Yung Rapunxel said:

10 songs

genres: ambient, dark techno-pop, bubblegum bass, post-club
[a mix of harp, banjo, mandolin, harpsichord with synthesisers, sequencers, graphic equalisers]

Producers: SOPHIE, Olof Dreijer (from The Knife), the Haxan Cloak

featuring: Kelela & Sevdaliza

album cover concept: häxan, old german witches and nuns, a party-techno-bunker in the pits of the black forests 

That would rip our hairs off. ?

2 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

She never did rock, unless you mean before she became famous but her 80s  hit music wasn’t rock. 

I guess that would be subjective. POP ROCK is a genre. She experimented with rock sounding songs even before she was famous and even later with songs like 'Gambler' and 'Burning Up', and turning many live performances in to "Rock" like Borderline, ILNY, Ray of Light, Human Nature, Dress You Up, Material Girl, Burning Up, and Holiday.  To me, as soon as she straps on that electric guitar, she's turned her song into a rock song, but even before that, she's done so. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Sometimes you’ve gotta prepare for the worse

i hope she heals 100% though. I just hope she doesn’t put herself through the same pain again on the next tour

If she does do a dance album then hopefully she can still carry out a tour without killing herself dancing. Kylie manages to make fantastic dance albums and put on a brilliant show without dancing so much so I imagine Madonna would be able to figure it out as well. Her problem would be her stubbornness and determination to keep dancing like it’s 2008 :lol:

21 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

If she does do a dance album then hopefully she can still carry out a tour without killing herself dancing. Kylie manages to make fantastic dance albums and put on a brilliant show without dancing so much so I imagine Madonna would be able to figure it out as well. Her problem would be her stubbornness and determination to keep dancing like it’s 2008 :lol:

Well, that is if Madonna does do a dance album!

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 hours ago, deathproof said:

Well, that is if Madonna does do a dance album!

That is why I said ‘if’ :Madonna047:

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I think it’d be really cool if she went for a “What’s Your Pleasure?” sort of disco sound on the next album. I think it’d suit her really well and could sound like a more mature adaptation of her dance roots. 

Here are some different ideas I came up that she could go with:

an album of straight up dance bangers like Confessions or like the stuff Melanie C.  of the Spice Girls is releasing 

80s synth pop - the Human League meets Blondie with a dash of Siouxsie and the Banshees

Continue down the world global music path with Latin, African and even some Southeast Asian rhythms mixed with some modern electronic sounds. Madonna around the world 

downtempo alternative R&B using Crave or Bedtime Stories as a jumping off point or like the stuff Banks has recorded. She could work with Shura on this. 

A Beatles like 60s psychedelic pop album like Beautiful Stranger, maybe with some girl group vibes or Lana del Rey like ballads. 

an introspective acoustic indie folk rock album using American Life as a jumping off point. Sort of like Taylor Swift’s Folklore but better. She could work with Joe Henry on this.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
12 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Here are some different ideas I came up that she could go with:

an album of straight up dance bangers like Confessions or like the stuff Melanie C.  of the Spice Girls is releasing 

80s synth pop - the Human League meets Blondie with a dash of Siouxsie and the Banshees

an introspective acoustic indie folk rock album using American Life as a jumping off point. Sort of like Taylor Swift’s Folklore but better. She could work with Joe Henry on this.

Love these ideas the most! 

On 7/28/2020 at 4:28 AM, Enrico said:

But most of all I hope to hear Madonna's voice again, with no grillz, no vocoder, no autotune.

More than anything, I want this.

Also, I would love her to focus a lot of lyrics and songwriting. We all know she is capable of writing touching and meaningful lyrics. An album with some fun dance songs and deep meanings would be so great. Even more of a more laid-back approach, like deep house or something like that, would be a welcomed change in my opinion.

As said by others, I think the album should be without features. Either that, or have two features maximum (no rappers lol). It has been a long time since we got a pure Madonna album. Not that there's anything wrong with collaborating with other artists, I just don't think M needs collabs to make a good album.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
12 minutes ago, Nick said:

Also, I would love her to focus a lot of lyrics and songwriting. We all know she is capable of writing touching and meaningful lyrics. An album with some fun dance songs and deep meanings would be so great. Even more of a more laid-back approach, like deep house or something like that, would be a welcomed change in my opinion.

SG Lewis would be an amazing producer for something like that, and I’d love for it to happen. I hope she focuses more on songwriting with the next album as well! 

I don’t mind collaborations or the vocoder as much as some people here. The one thing I really want is a musical concept that holds the songs together, this the suggestions I made above. I feel a lot of her recent albums have mixed genres and been a collection of songs which I enjoyed, but I’m ready for a true album musical concept like Erotica or Confessions. 

The days of cohesive sounds and direction probably left in the MDNA era. I know we belly ache a lot about the scattereness of Rebel Heart and Madame X but that’s kind of the musical environment we are in, especially pop. Disco, 80s, 90s, Trap, Alternative, Expeirmental, you name it, our current pop pallet is colorful and diverse. I expect no less of Madonna whether it’s from experimenting or grasping straws. There really isn’t a particular trend now to emulate like Hard Candy or MDNA so I don’t see that (features are the norm so everyone needs to lay off on that subject). And if Rebel Heart was chasing trends, I couldn’t readily identify one other than it just sounds like a 2015 album and has aged pretty well as a 2010s. I want to continue seeing the experimenting and diversity. If a dance album is to come, let it be on the dancefloors of the world.