Madonna shares Covid-19 conspiracy theory on IG, backlash ensues, then deletes

RebelMe

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

So Madonna has a phd in medicine now does she ? Christ is she drunk on rose when she hits submit on Instagram ?

Madonna is a regular person, just like the rest of us... a rich and powerful one...but non the less, a person and a flawed human being (as we all are).... she listens to other people and get affected by what she reads and hear... so she might be wrong about lots of things...just as the rest of us...but then her conclusions might be as right as the ones the rest of us makes... only time can show who is right and who is wrong when it comes to Corona.

The least she could do now is to make a statement saying how she was misinformed, but she won't because she's probably furious and thinking that "I wAs CEnSOreD!!!111"

Love the woman, but it's getting harder and harder not to get really turn off by this social media antics.

The fans some are saying she was hacked. It's her, let's not turn a blind eye. 

I am disappointed she shared it and it's awful how many people are being duped by misinformation and believing as truth. I have had to argue with family over the very thing because of how easily things are shared and people take them so hard without fact checking, source checking.

I have to say it seems a bit off brand even for Madonna. She's been supportive of Bill Gates (even donated  $1m to his foundation earlier this year) and the same people who peddle these conspiracy theories believe his behind the "plandemic". It's also the same video that Trump posted/retweeted from what I understand so it's really strange she'd be wilfully and willingly posting something like that let alone believe it. 

And while I do agree that social media is a crucial tool these days it does NOT reflect real life. According to studies, about 22% of adults in America use Twitter and only 10% of those users are responsible for 80% overall tweets on the platform (source). Hardly representative of the whole of humanity :).

I can't blame her for express herfelf, but she's an icon and everything she shares is a bomb, and we know nothing, sadly is the real deal with covid. at this point we all want answers and we all  think about a lot of things and possiblities, we all have a reasoning (I HOPE SO)

I think she's not the kind of person who take that kind of information as a statement, she's more than smart, quarantine is making a lot of people fed up, or maybe she is powerful enough to have some extra information, or was juts one of those dumb social media moments, Who knows?

Controversy  comes with her name, good idea deleting the post, no necessary, only time will tell the truth, meanwhile I can't wait to have Levitating Remix and hope will all my soul having a collabo with Queen Kylie :hearno:

We need to be careful with what we read. EVERYTHING online is manipulated and edited and often pirated. Even the news, really.

It's scary that people read something and are so quickly to believe it and draw their own conclusions. My Facebook account was pirated years ago by a bot who sent out my personal info to people i didnt know and posted fake statuses. Even changed my music preferences. Pictures were posted that had nothing to do with me. People I know were sent friend requests even though I never sent them.

It is important to be careful.

Besides, even if this is true. Im sure everyone else here believes in stuff someone else would call out as bullshit. We are not cancelling your lives or dismissing out outright for it.

Critical thinking and asking questions is a thing of the past, obviously.

People have fallen asleep and dont know what's real anymore.

I am so disappointed in her. This is why I began a thread asking fans if they're embarrassed by her nowadays. Much as I love Madonna, I can't help but admit that's she's completely lost it. It's painful to watch someone who was so savvy and driven destroy their legacy. Would hate to wake up to a #Madonnaisover party, but I won't be surprised if it happens soon. I know that in time, she'll learn from her mistakes...she's human for fucksake. But I'm just really disappointed in her.

She's really lost 'God  Control'

200.gif

Edited by Team Madonna (see edit history)

Honestly as bad as this was, we have to consider that this has been a rough year for everyone, and she was already not doing well before the pandemic. I just hope she'll take a break from social media, the world is not going to stop falling apart just because she's posting every day. Her IG comments are also HORRIBLE and full of pizza gate comments. I really hope she takes care of herself. 

People, please stop with the 'we don't know much about COVID' stuff.

It's true, we don't, but it's also true that woman is insane (she is speaking about people contracting diseases by having sex with spirits and lots of Anti-LGBT' stuff). There are also tons of articles explaining how that particular medication is not good or useful at all. It's scientific evidence.

Madonna is not a doctor and of all people she should know better. She is literally siding with someone who is also endorsed by Trump. That is already problematic in itself.

She is wrong.

4 hours ago, carlosR said:

Shall we disregard the fact that it has influenced millions of people to use a drug that does NOT work and consequently contract covid19 for lack of care? Shall we also disregard that many of her fans are no longer young and are part of the risk group?

Shall we also disregard that people with Lupus who actually need this drug now are finding it hard to get because of everyday people buying it as a “miraculous” cure for COVID19.

Madonna jumped into praising dr Immanuel without verifying her history of conspiracy nonsense. #DemonSeed and #AlienDNA are trending so go figure.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic