Madonna shares Covid-19 conspiracy theory on IG, backlash ensues, then deletes

RebelMe

1 minute ago, Alibaba said:

In answer to your question about who made me believe the virus exists, I don't need a "who". I, like you and everyone else on here, have a mother, a father, people I love and care about, and I am a humanist. I would never take any risk to harm another person. If there is any cause for me to feel that I might, I don't proceed. I live impeccably by my word and my fundamental drive in life is Love. 

To further address the topic, I also know people who have lost family members and who were diagnosed with Covid-19. That is enough for me to be willing to check any skepticism at the door. I'm a human being. I understand that everyone is behind their screen feeling confused and angry, but I personally refuse to lose my sense of humanity just because I don't have to take personal responsibility for my language when hidden behind a username. 

ok. and just to play devils advocate here... if you or anyone you love were to contract Covid, at this moment, would you take Hydroxychloroqine? 

10 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Does Instagram actually remove posts or do they just post a warning that it contains incorrect information? 

They delete if there’s nudity.

They censor if it contains false information or news coverage of violent/disturbing content.

Censoring doesn’t mean the post gets deleted. It’s still available to see

9 minutes ago, deathproof said:

They delete if there’s nudity.

They censor if it contains false information or news coverage of violent/disturbing content.

Censoring doesn’t mean the post gets deleted. It’s still available to see

In this particular case, it's widely reported that Instagram, Twitter and Facebook removed posts on their sites of the video on their own from anyone that had it posted.

Hence the response: "Dr Immanuel warned Facebook that it is 'not bigger than God' and that Jesus will crash its servers after it deleted a video of her"

17 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

ok. and just to play devils advocate here... if you or anyone you love were to contract Covid, at this moment, would you take Hydroxychloroqine? 

Yes, in conjunction with zinc and azithromycin, if it was offered to me as a treatment and I was in a severe state of illness...I would have no choice but to trust the medical practitioner in charge of the protocol to follow...Not because the homophobic Nigerian doctor Stella Immanuel, Madonna or Donald Trump recommended it, but because I would want to give myself every chance to recover. My father contracted malaria thirty years ago and has taken this medication, and so I am aware of its effects. It isn't an easy drug to take, but then again, malaria isn't a fun illness, and it is recurrent. Again, I am not a medical professional, nor do I pretend to have any insight beyond anyone else in matters of covid-19 and its pathology. However, as there are no alternative treatments, I would want to give myself every opportunity at survival and eventual recovery. If that makes me naive or insane, I am fine with that. 

26 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

Yes, in conjunction with zinc and azithromycin, if it was offered to me as a treatment and I was in a severe state of illness...I would have no choice but to trust the medical practitioner in charge of the protocol to follow...

The point im making is... the medical practitioner in charge doesn't use hydroxy because its been proven NOT to work... so given that information... would you use it?  And not just in a last ditch effort to stay alive. I'm sure most would maybe take anything as a last resort if they were gonna die in the next 24 hours... 

54 minutes ago, litemakr said:

There is no conspiracy. Hydroxychloroquine has been shown to cause terrible side effects and not be that effective. That doesn't mean it's use shouldn't be explored (and it is being explored, carefully). But again, there is no massive conspiracy among the doctors and disease experts of the world. It's been made a political issue by Trump, who has a financial stake in hydroxychloroquine, and is desperate to do anything to detract from his absolute failure to effectively lead during the crisis. He lies at every turn and blames everyone else and this is just another example. The video by the "doctors" was a massively misleading bit of propaganda produced by far right wing media manipulators.  The fact that Madonna was sucked in is disturbing, but at least she has since deleted the video. 

There is no miracle "cure" for COVID-19, just like there is no cure for the flu. There are just treatments. This won't get better until a vaccine has been widely distributed.  Listen to science, not quackery or political propaganda.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

Well said! 

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-madonna-shares-stella-immanuel-video-instagram-flags-deletes-20200729-mskqnyae3basxhmyi23tcly4va-story.html

Instagram flagged Madonna's account and then removed a post in which she shared the cockamamie conspiracy video

“We’ve removed this video for making false claims about cures and prevention methods for COVID-19,” Raki Wane, Instagram’s policy communications manager, told USA Today. “People who reacted to, commented on, or shared this video will see messages directing them to authoritative information about the virus.”

2 hours ago, Alibaba said:

Again, I am not. I am a meticulous and diligent communicator, and every conditional I express is intended to convey that, in all humility, I do not claim to be certain of anything. I am questioning and curious. There is nothing intended as controversial or provocative in my writing. It is simply my personal quest to remain open to all possibilities that haven't been debunked by a thorough process of elimination. 

For someone just  questioning and curious you are making really serious statements. A tiny sourcing and reading could answer properly so many of the questions raised here. It's pretty insane we are discussing all of this quackery when people are dying. The idea of someone else, bigger powers, big pharma, masonry, satan controlling anyone else life. It's such a selfish and ignorant approach to life.

49 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

The point im making is... the medical practitioner in charge doesn't use hydroxy because its been proven NOT to work... so given that information... would you use it?  And not just in a last ditch effort to stay alive. I'm sure most would maybe take anything as a last resort if they were gonna die in the next 24 hours... 

Okay. I will state my view once more for the record. Here are the facts:

1. This doctor has claimed to have used the three-pronged medicinal protocol she described in the video to successfully treat more than 300 people infected with Covid.

2. It was established by certain governing bodies and institutions in some countries that trials using hydroxychloroquine should be discontinued as they failed to show any promise of efficacy in the short time they were studied. (Coronavirus became mainstream in February/March and I believe these trials were ended in a deeply politicized climate in June). For your reference, here is the FDA's exact statement on the matter:

Frequently Asked Questions on the Revocation of the Emergency Use Authorization for Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate and Chloroquine Phosphate

Q. Why was the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for hydroxychloroquine sulfate (HCQ) and chloroquine phosphate (CQ) revoked?
A. FDA has a responsibility to regularly review the appropriateness of an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), including review of emerging scientific data associated with the emergency use of an authorized product. Based on FDA’s continued review of the scientific evidence available for hydroxychloroquine sulfate (HCQ) and chloroquine phosphate (CQ) to treat COVID-19, FDA has determined that the statutory criteria for EUA as outlined in Section 564(c)(2) of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act are no longer met. Specifically, FDA has determined that CQ and HCQ are unlikely to be effective in treating COVID-19 for the authorized uses in the EUA. Additionally, in light of ongoing serious cardiac adverse events and other serious side effects, the known and potential benefits of CQ and HCQ no longer outweigh the known and potential risks for the authorized use. This conclusion warrants revocation of the EUA for HCQ and CQ for the treatment of COVID-19.

FDA’s review of the available scientific evidence determined:

The suggested dosing regimens for CQ and HCQ as detailed in the Fact Sheets are unlikely to

produce an antiviral effect.

Earlier reports of decreased viral shedding with HCQ or CQ treatment have not been

consistently replicated and recent data from a randomized controlled trial assessing probability

of negative conversion showed no difference between HCQ and standard of care alone.

Current U.S. treatment guidelines do not recommend the use of HCQ or CQ in hospitalized

patients with COVID-19 outside of a clinical trial, and the NIH guidelines now recommend

against such use outside of a clinical trial.

Recent data from a large randomized controlled trial showed no evidence of benefit of HCQ

treatment in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 for mortality or other outcomes such as hospital length of stay or need for mechanical ventilation.

The decision to revoke this EUA was made in consultation with the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. BARDA had originally requested the EUA covering CQ and HCQ. FDA and BARDA are part of a USG-interagency effort to rapidly respond to this public health emergency and have been communicating as new scientific data emerged.

I have made it so abundantly clear that all I am asking is why we can't have definitive, transparent responses to debunk such medicinal claims and theory, rather than making everything about this doctor's statement about her personal spiritual beliefs. That is a critique of the media, not the participants on this board. I don't care what Dr. Immanuel thinks about homosexuality, demons, ascension or any other spiritual exploratory concepts. The vast majority of people in this world believe in deities and supernatural phenomena of some sort or another. Believing in our government and our doctors is an act of faith too for many.  I am not going to decide not to benefit from someone's experience in a different field if the conclusions are independent of their belief system. I just want to know why she is so vociferously proclaiming what she has about treatments, and if they are indeed false, rather than erasing her proclamations from social media as an act of censorship, scrutinize her findings and tell the general public why she is a quack, why her data is flawed, and why we should all move on. I offered my honest response to your question, and I hope that is what you primarily took away from my answer; not an opportunity to prove yourself to be "right". 

9 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

For someone just  questioning and curious you are making really serious statements. A tiny sourcing and reading could answer properly so many of the questions raised here. It's pretty insane we are discussing all of this quackery when people are dying. The idea of someone else, bigger powers, big pharma, masonry, satan controlling anyone else life. It's such a selfish and ignorant approach to life.

I could say exactly the same of your dismissal of such theories, but you clearly know you are right, and I am wrong. And not just wrong, but selfish and ignorant! Honestly, I get it. We can't see eye to eye because in my opinion you aren't even reading my words. I am questioning things, not making statements. 

3 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I could say exactly the same of your dismissal of such theories, but you clearly know you are right, and I am wrong. And not just wrong, but selfish and ignorant! Honestly, I get it. We can't see eye to eye because in my opinion you aren't even reading my words. I am questioning things, not making statements. 

Because your words are going for far too long about nothing.

This doctor you refer to talks about reptile people and alien DNA. I couldn't care less about anything else a doctor say as soon as it brings any of those two factors as realities.

Hydroxycloroquine has been proven in many reliable scientific schools to be more problematic than effective at the time of treating covid19.

This is also a drug that it's been proven to help people with other health issues like lupus and they are struggling to keep up because all of the Karens and Chads running to Mexico to buy it.

90% of what you are saying comes from your position of privilege and what's only affecting you. That's why my comment.

I'm going to bed and I'm pretty sure I'll wake up to another 5 pages of you talking about yourself and how you see the world.

If can bother I'll reply to it .

37 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-madonna-shares-stella-immanuel-video-instagram-flags-deletes-20200729-mskqnyae3basxhmyi23tcly4va-story.html

Instagram flagged Madonna's account and then removed a post in which she shared the cockamamie conspiracy video

“We’ve removed this video for making false claims about cures and prevention methods for COVID-19,” Raki Wane, Instagram’s policy communications manager, told USA Today. “People who reacted to, commented on, or shared this video will see messages directing them to authoritative information about the virus.”

So She didnt remove it...

So sad...

See this is why I've been critical of Madge's Instagram content in the past. She really should just stay off of there if she's going to post stuff like this, accident or not.

Also did she delete the post herself, or was it just Instagram's team that deleted it? Because people were saying that Instagram's staff were taking down anything involving that conspiracy theory for being misinformation.

Edited by Nahual (see edit history)

• Fighter unfeatured this topic

Surely she was having a drunk aunt reposting spree at like 4am. I just can't fathom her donating money to the Gates foundation to help fund the cure and then suddenly posting this unless she was completely blitzed. It's bizarre and makes no sense.

She needs to be monitored on social media. Or, at the very least, have a separate personal account for close friends/family and then keep the public @madonna account for career stuff.

I think she's been under-stimulated intellectually for years now and it doesn't help that she's surrounded by CHILDREN 24/7. She's lived so far up her own ass for so many years that she's completely out of touch with reality.

This is all just so saddening and frustrating.

On 7/29/2020 at 4:44 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’m very disappointed that she posted that, but people saying Dua’s team are furious or Dua should cancel the single, let’s not forget a certain post Dua made like last week as well. She’s no saint either.

Yeah, what she posted was very very dumb, but she is a privileged older white woman at the end of the day and that unintentionally comes through in some of her posts. She’s probably the most consistent white artist who has posted information about the Black Lives Matter movement as well, so it’s clear she is trying to do right most of the time. Thankfully the post has been deleted so hopefully she’s learned her lesson and will check her facts before posting stuff like that again. 

My first thought when Madonna posted this was that she’s just another out of touch rich person with too much time on her hands. Then I read here that Dua Lipa also posted this type of thing. Then I realized Madonna’s just parroting a younger person to try to gain relevance and attention, which is very on-brand for 21st century Madonna, unfortunately.

It made me cringe just as much as the first time I heard her speak “and me” in “Me Against The Music”.