Madonna (and others) for RSD 2021? (DISCUSSION)

BadGurlMadge

23 hours ago, deathproof said:

Garbage and Roisin arn't included in the Dutch list, tho are confirmed for RSD US/UK, so there is a 1% chance that there could be some Madonna for US/UK. But at this point, i find it highly unlikely.

neither Elastica and a couple more

1 hour ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Hmmm I mean for RSD Black Friday we’ve only really gotten Ray Of Light before I Rise, sure they could reissue some album but I don’t see them releasing something bigger on that date 

Someone on here said the reason there was no Madonna release last year was due to WMG having to remove all references and trademarks of the old WB logo and them losing/misplacing a lot of the old artwork proofs. 

On 4/8/2021 at 12:41 PM, deathproof said:

Someone on here said the reason there was no Madonna release last year was due to WMG having to remove all references and trademarks of the old WB logo and them losing/misplacing a lot of the old artwork proofs. 

That's crappy. It's such a simple way to engage fans - makes no sense to me to not do it. They could release a 12" picture disc for Dear Jessie and fans would be happy. Anything .. throw us a bone or two. 

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I only wanted Roisin and Roisin I got :).

You're a lucky guy. I want Roisin as well, but she wasn't released here (pure sadness).

I'll find Crooked Machine on eBay, but first I'll check some of the shop sites first. What an incredible album to just zone out to .. and it takes you on a beautiful journey!

13 hours ago, captainjay said:

You're a lucky guy. I want Roisin as well, but she wasn't released here (pure sadness).

I'll find Crooked Machine on eBay, but first I'll check some of the shop sites first. What an incredible album to just zone out to .. and it takes you on a beautiful journey!

Rough Trade (UK) has already sold out online - I was lucky, literally walked into a store this afternoon and picked up a copy for £24. It sounds wonderful and is a beautiful release all around.

12 hours ago, captainjay said:

Crooked Machine has been available in Rough Trade for the US for a while:

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/roisin-murphy/crooked-machine

There several copies with better price in DIscogs too

I managed to get everything I wanted but Georgia, they didn't release it for some strange reason

5 hours ago, EgoRod said:

Crooked Machine has been available in Rough Trade for the US for a while:

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/roisin-murphy/crooked-machine

There several copies with better price in DIscogs too

I managed to get everything I wanted but Georgia, they didn't release it for some strange reason

I bought a copy yesterday. Paid retail. 

I prefer not to buy from the US in most cases, even though I'm in Canada and we're so close. I find it's faster to get a package delivered from Europe to Toronto than anywhere in the USA to Toronto. And many times, the package ends up at the post office with duty fees, which are ridiculously high, whereas when the same item that comes from Europe - I have no issue and no additional fees to pay and it's here in just a few days.

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

I wanted the Beck album but was sold out by the time I got to the register. Waited in line for almost 4 hrs. Really starting to hate RSD because of that 

I went to a tiny record shop not far form me, I was there at 7:30am. In the queue in front of me 10 people , 6 of them clearly gay. I went in just 15 min after they open (it was like 6 people at the time in/out) and Lady Gaga's was gone already.

I bought it online from Denmark as soon as I left the shop and cost me just about £10 more with the shipping.

I learn from last time that Scandinavian, Hungary, Portugal had RSD the day before and the shops put records online first thing and without scalping, the morning after

6 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

from last time that Scandinavian, Hungary, Portugal had RSD the day before and the shops put records online first thing and without scalping, the morning after

as a person from one of these countries i an confirm that you can book and pick up  in some stores if you don’t have time on the actual rsd:)

France and the UK are ridiculous on the other hand.

Even record shops (lots of record shops) it's not even done the day and they are selling the records for 3 times the price.

Last year Robyn cost me less buying it from Portugal , shipping included than from a shop in the UK on the same day.

On 6/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, captainjay said:

I prefer not to buy from the US in most cases, even though I'm in Canada and we're so close. I find it's faster to get a package delivered from Europe to Toronto than anywhere in the USA to Toronto. And many times, the package ends up at the post office with duty fees, which are ridiculously high, whereas when the same item that comes from Europe - I have no issue and no additional fees to pay and it's here in just a few days.

It's ridiculous.  Mail from US to Toronto is a nightmare.  My buddy sent  something from Pittsburgh and I had something mailed to me from Melbourne two days later and I got  the package from Australia faster than I got the package from Pittsburgh.  

US online stores are always a last resort for me.

On 4/11/2021 at 1:14 PM, captainjay said:

That's crappy. It's such a simple way to engage fans - makes no sense to me to not do it. They could release a 12" picture disc for Dear Jessie and fans would be happy. Anything .. throw us a bone or two. 

Exactly.  It's like printing money for them, and it's makes us happy and interested.

13 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

Exactly.  It's like printing money for them, and it's makes us happy and interested.

They could do something mindless and simple like:

• Remixed & Revisted
  • Remixed Prayers
  • Holiday Collection

No additional work really required except to scan/resize artwork. Print them on coloured vinyl, bingo bingo - instant sell-outs. Money in their pockets. 

32 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Anyone get an extra copy of Chromatica that they’d be willing to sell? Every place I went to was sold out!😭

I was looking forward to the Black Vinyl version...but honestly...for £45 I was not....i repeat was not...having Fun Tonight.

you prices torture me etc

scamatica

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

I was looking forward to the Black Vinyl version...but honestly...for £45 I was not....i repeat was not...having Fun Tonight.

you prices torture me etc

scamatica

This is her biggest scam album ever. The entire thing was sponsored insta posts lmao

2 hours ago, captainjay said:

They could do something mindless and simple like:

• Remixed & Revisted
  • Remixed Prayers
  • Holiday Collection

No additional work really required except to scan/resize artwork. Print them on coloured vinyl, bingo bingo - instant sell-outs. Money in their pockets. 

That would be amazing but my guess is since none of the above were ever pressed on vinyl, they don't have the appropriate masters for them and it would be neither simple nor mindless (if it was to be done right that is - personally I'm not interested in a vinyl pressing made from a CD master). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but everything that was released so far on RSD (You Can Dance, Japanese EPs, picture disc, etc) was originally available on vinyl. :)

1 hour ago, kesiak said:

That would be amazing but my guess is since none of the above were ever pressed on vinyl, they don't have the appropriate masters for them and it would be neither simple nor mindless (if it was to be done right that is - personally I'm not interested in a vinyl pressing made from a CD master). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but everything that was released so far on RSD (You Can Dance, Japanese EPs, picture disc, etc) was originally available on vinyl. :)

Makes sense. My words weren't right. And I didn't think of what you said here - so wouldn't be as easy as just printing/pressing.