BadGurlMadge

Madonna for RSD 2021? (DISCUSSION)

15 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Rice paper? They can keep it.

I want the one that Metamorphosis posted. But nicer vinyl. :)

BUT! I do know that Hong Kong has some nice releases that are exclusive. Like the gorgeous Like A Prayer 12" promo. (And the Mexican 12" promo is just beautiful)

12 hours ago, PWCCA said:

Rather than get yet more colour vinyl reissues of old stuff, I'd like Madonna's team to bring something new to the table. Maybe a special compilation, a demos collection, or something that has never been released on vinyl before. These reissues of old EPs are pretty dull

A demo collection would be so good! 

Spotlight would be beautiful

The Holiday Collection

Its That Girl  &

Over & Over are such great calls too.

I was thinking about this the other day actually.

I’d love a vinyl only Retro greatest hits series. Like those 60’s & 70’s greatest hits collections that came out on vinyl. Of course Madonnas greatest hits marked the CD age so it would be a bit of a throwback for her and vinyl fans would go mad for them. I think this is something Warner might be able to get away with because it’s a LTD series available only on one format. 
Make hits collection look exactly like the eras they came from. Vintage pics, familiar typefaces and 7” versions only. 

Side A 

1. Lucky Star 

2. Into The Groove

3. Dress You Up

4. Burning Up

5. Gambler

6. Everybody 

Side B

1. Holiday

2. Like A Virgin

3. Material Girl

4. Borderline

5. Angel

6. Crazy For You

Guys come on!! EVITA as a four disc LP set!!! It HAS to be released on vinyl from original masters!!

My dream would be a 4 12" LP box set (of the full soundtrack of course) with a stunning booklet and three picture disc 7" with the singles as it goes:

7"1A: You Must Love Me (Single Version)

7"1B: Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix Edit)

7"2A: Another Suitcase In Another Hall (Radio Edit)

7"2B: Buenos Aires (Te Amo Radio Mix)

7"3A: You Must Love Me (Live from the Academy Awards 1997)

7"3B: You Must Love Me/I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You/Don't Cry For Me Argentina Medley (unreleased film credits version)

Also GHV2, Remixed and Revisited and The Holiday Collection are long due to be issued on 12"

1 hour ago, Unruhe said:

Guys come on!! EVITA as a four disc LP set!!! It HAS to be released on vinyl from original masters!!

My dream would be a 4 12" LP box set (of the full soundtrack of course) with a stunning booklet and three picture disc 7" with the singles as it goes:

7"1A: You Must Love Me (Single Version)

7"1B: Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix Edit)

7"2A: Another Suitcase In Another Hall (Radio Edit)

7"2B: Buenos Aires (Te Amo Radio Mix)

7"3A: You Must Love Me (Live from the Academy Awards 1997)

7"3B: You Must Love Me/I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You/Don't Cry For Me Argentina Medley (unreleased film credits version)

Also GHV2, Remixed and Revisited and The Holiday Collection are long due to be issued on 12"

This is the equivalent of getting socks for christmas hen 

If it was something from her Warner catalog and was never previously pressed on vinyl, the chances of getting that is slim to none.

The fact that we got I Rise last year is a good sign that the current team is interested in putting out new releases with new material.

55 minutes ago, deathproof said:

If it was something from her Warner catalog and was never previously pressed on vinyl, the chances of getting that is slim to none.

Well look at all other stuff we got for RSD, it’s not impossible!

gosh - we have such low expectations for Madonna output.  We will take anything really it seems. - I know I have.

We need some serious shit though just like other legacy Warner/Sire/Rhino artists.

The Ramones put out epic sets every year for RSD and they get eaten up.

Bowie puts out a bit too much if you ask me but nonetheless, brand new, never released before recordings, live, new covers and so forth.

Prince - I mean honestly have you seen the creative shit they have put out from him the last few years?

1 - the Versace Experience - a promo cassette given out at the versace fashion show - a few hundred originally given out.  Came out for RSD in a linited number.

2 - 1999 - vinyl - with the original cover of the album

3 - His majesty club mix - dont remember the full title but only 500 released promo only in Japan.

- Madonna needs to take advantage of this resurgence in popularity.  The 90's are IN - she owned the 90's - she needs to get right on board.

1 - Vogue - not a replica - but a true 30th anniversary with extras, whatever they are AND features with maybe a new artist or two - maybe one of the "Pose" girls?  Honestly, wasting this opportunity.

2  - Truth or Dare/Blond Ambition - 30th anniversary - whatever they can repackage.  Ill be happy with just about anything - new stuff, remasters, videos, trailers, commercials, interviews - this IS the ultimate pinnacle of her career.

3 - Like a Prayer - remastered by Madonna and Patrick Leonard or whoever the original engineers were who mastered it with Madonna over-seeing it from the original tapes.  This is an absolute MUST.  Just fill this package up with demos, remixes and so on ALL remastered - NOT just louder but truly revisited just like Purple Rain (or any Prince since the purple rain remaster release.)

Lots more manageable and do-able suggestions available but please no more lazy replicas of stuff we dont necessarily need and please no more vinyl re-issues with new colors.  Wasted opp.

A

Well yes we get your point but as of a few days ago we were all still working within the parameters of her stagnant relationship with Warner where they can only release stuff that had already been released hen. We been knew it’s shit offerings do we been trying to make the best of a bad deal.
Calm your puss sis. 

Kisses 

On 8/5/2020 at 5:13 PM, ScottyX said:

Hate to be the naysayer, but RSD doesn't look promising as production is usually planned 1 to 1/2 years in advance.  The spread out RSD for August / Sept / Oct is pretty aweful.  Some items got canned.  

We have been spoiled really, and came to expect there would always be a Madonna release on RSD.  Then all of a sudden there was nothing.  Seems the most popular artist of RSD is Prince.

And from memory, I do not believe there is any Prince this year. 

11 hours ago, steady75 said:

Well yes we get your point but as of a few days ago we were all still working within the parameters of her stagnant relationship with Warner where they can only release stuff that had already been released hen. We been knew it’s shit offerings do we been trying to make the best of a bad deal.
Calm your puss sis. 

Kisses 

The contract doesnt say she cant/wont support new releases or updates and so on.  She needs to just get her egotistical head out her ass and realize, shes had her time.  Focus heeeeeny - Vogue updates needed immediately. Simple.

My puss is not only calm, its wet and gushy. okurrrrrrr. byeeeee.

5 hours ago, forbiddenlove1 said:

Over and over 12 " Italy

There is one problem and that is because Warner Italia needs to sell the rights for the pressing to Universal Music Group and that item is kinda forgotten so i’d say the chances of getting this is like 10%😕

24 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

There is one problem and that is because Warner Italia needs to sell the rights for the pressing to Universal Music Group and that item is kinda forgotten so i’d say the chances of getting this is like 10%😕

This would be a definite no for me BUT why does Warner need to sell to Universal?  Her back catalog and so on are re-issued by Warners group, Rhino.  This should have anything to do w Universal unless im missing something.