Rumor: Madonna Left Interscope?

Shoful

6 minutes ago, Fighter said:

I don't expect much to change with future albums, record companies seem quite useless these days.... but hopefully they'll give us some legacy stuff. Then again they did Celebration... :cryin:

Celebration was good and Warner has carry Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa at streaming + radio very well, they can do it with Madonna too.

12 minutes ago, Team Madonna said:

Good to hear! She also confirmed that she left interscope! Things are finally looking up

She did? When? All I have seen is repeated stories based off what originally came from the SUN.  Madonna hasn't confirmed anything yet. 

@Team MadonnaI merged your thread with the existing one.

Although I think it is true, still we have no confirmation from Madonna, Warner or Interscope. Just hints like the WTG trailer for instance. Someone said the Warner banner already included Madonna.

The info is everywhere in many internet sites but they all derive from the same article by the Sun.

Still it's been a good week, with the Levitating release and the screenplay!

19 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Billboard also has a confirmation but I can't read what they are saying about Warner, since it's only for subscriber

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9431521/madonna-interscope-exit?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3anKCXT1rOvScyh9OGi4v7B9TK02QmD5n0G8_Yz5oZcnbPa0rfGyve41Y

Sources close to Madonna confirm to Billboard that the Queen of Pop is out of her deal with Interscope after nearly a decade. The iconic singer first inked a three-album deal with Interscope in 2011 at a base of $1 million per LP; with the release of Madame X in 2019, that three-album deal is up, and Madge is eying a new label to call home.

While The Sun reports that Madonna is considering a return to Warner Music (which was known as Warner Bros. when she called it home for her series of albums released from 1983-2008), sources tell Billboard that she has not inked a new deal anywhere as of Saturday (Aug. 8) and any talks are in early stages. Warner Music declined to comment for this story.

Madonna's three albums for Interscope include the Billboard 200 toppers MDNA (2012) and Madame X (2019), as well as the No. 2-peaking Rebel Heart (2015).

"I think the most controversial thing I have ever done is to stick around," Madonna memorably declared at Billboard's 2016 Women In Music event, where she was named the Woman of the Year. Since then, the pop culture trailblazer has done more than just stick around. Whether delivering a blunt, controversial speech at the 2017 Women's March on Washington, D.C. or embarking on the logistically challenging but acclaimed series of intimate residencies for her Madame X Tour in 2019 (which was eventually scrapped due to the coronavirus pandemic), Madonna has continued to make headlines as an indelible part of the global pop culture discourse.

On Aug. 14, Madonna reteams with Missy Elliott to hop on a remix of Dua Lipa's "Levitating." Madonna has 12 No. 1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 and earlier this year earned her landmark 50th No. 1 hit on the Dance Club Songs chart.

There is another possibility : maybe she signed a deal with Warner for her back catalog only.

For example : we can imagine that an new agreement includes : new editions from her golden albums : Like A Prayer (something was almost ready I think), Erotica, and so on..   AND maybe Warner is buying the records she did with Interscope : MDNA, RH, MX.

But, (just maybe), for her future albums, she's looking for another company ? Who knows..

Although,I think there are too many indications she's 100% back at Warner : the twitter / instagram accounts , the Whos'that Girl trailer (very iconic trailer), the Sun article who's talking about the amount of the deal, and finally the Dua Lipa featuring.

I think the biggest clue is the Dua Lipa featuring. I mean, when is the last time Madonna released a "one-shot" single between 2 albums ? Ok it's a featuring, but it is VERY unexpected. Very unexpected when you know that : 

1) she got issues with he knee recently

2) the COVID era didn't helped

3) we wait 4 years between RH and MX to get something new.

And finally, all these WARNER Records rumours AND the Dua Lipa featuring come the same week than her birthday. :thinker:

So if Warner wants to make Buzz around Madonna, they won't do it differently.

Madonna Is a Free Agent After Decade-Long Deal With Interscope Records

JORDAN MOREAU

AUGUST 9, 2020, 12:47 AM

Madonna’s contract with Interscope Records has expired making the artist a free agent after nearly 10 years with the label, Variety has learned.

In 2011, the pop superstar signed a three-album deal with the Universal Music Group company. She released “MDNA” in 2012, “Rebel Heart” in 2015 and, most recently, “Madame X” in 2019.

Madonna has made no mention of a departure from the label on her social media, although she was may have been alluding to a new start on Friday when she posted an Instagram message about her humble career origins, writing: “No YouTube, No Vine, No The Voice, No American Idol, No Disney. Just $35 dollars and a dream.” (Subsequently, she also posted that she is spending her quarantine time working on a screenplay with Diablo Cody.)

Her first-ever music deal was back in 1982 with Sire Records, which is owned by Warner Music Group and distributed by Warner Records. With the company, Madonna released her self-titled debut album in 1983, “Like a Virgin” (1984), “True Blue” (1986) and “Like a Prayer” (1989). “Erotica” (1992) and “Bedtime Stories” (1994) were co-released by Sire and Maverick, an entertainment company that was co-founded by Madonna, although she left in 2004 after a lawsuit between the company and WMG.

She went on to release several albums on the Warner Bros. label, including “Ray of Light” (1998), “Music” (2000), “American Life” (2003), “Confessions on a Dance Floor” (2005) and “Hard Candy” (2008).

In late 2007, she announced her split from Warner Music Group and revealed her new $120 million, 10-year deal with Interscope, which was part of a 360 deal with Live Nation. Her catalog and publishing remains at WMG prompting some speculation as to whether she might return to the company.

Madonna is known as one of the most influential people in pop culture and is recognized as the best-selling female musician of all time, having sold more than 300 million records worldwide.

Her “Madame X” album debuted at No. 1 with strong sales, boosted by ticket bundling for her theater tour, although it dropped out of the top 200 in its third week. It has sold 169,000 album adjusted units, according to Alpha Data.

Up next, Madonna makes a featured appearance, along with Missy Elliott, on Dua Lipa’s remixed version of her single “Levitating,” which is due to be released on Friday by her former label, Warner Records. The single is part of Lipa’s “Club Future Nostalgia: The Remix Album.”

They make the choice to say : " Saturday (Aug. 8) " because they know this could be not true anymore on Aug 16 :lol:

The official news won't never come from the Sun or Billboard. The official news will come with an official statement sent to all the medias.

The buzz built by Warner since a few days is not innocent I think.

The only official fact right now is that her deal with Interscope / LN is over since the MX tour has been launched.

2 hours ago, Askeroff said:

sources tell Billboard that she has not inked a new deal anywhere as of Saturday (Aug. 8) and any talks are in early stages.

While The Sun reports that Madonna is considering a return to Warner Music

Warner Music declined to comment for this story.

DismalWhichComet-small.gif

I think it's likely that she has signed to Warner but are claiming that it hasn't happened yet so that they can make a proper annoucement themselves, instead of being forced to do so by a toilet rag like The Sun. This is similar to what happened with the Levitating remix; we knew Madonna was going to be on it a long time ago and that it was already recorded, but Dua's manager went on air a few weeks later saying that he was going to ask her to be on a track.

1 hour ago, likeaprayer76 said:

Don't know If I like this news. I don't know if he's a good or bad manager, but I think I would like someone fresh and new.

It's not news but speculation from  me. He's out of Maverick and Warner Music is restructuring since chinese investors became the biggest shareholders during quarantine. 

• Fighter locked and unfeatured this topic