Rumor: Madonna Left Interscope?

Shoful

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 minutes ago, Ulisaax640 said:

did she finally get tired and said 'fuck it, imma give these bitches what they want'?

Let’s hope so! 

21 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Confirmed on Billboard.com that she is not with Interscope any longer.  Nothing about Warner or a replacement.

You are right! Billboard is only sourcing the SUN. They only mention she no longer is signed to Interscope. They also mentioned as of August 8th (yesterday) she hadn't resigned with Warners or anybody yet.  Neither Warners or Madonna has confirmed anything either!

Edited by L*ckySt*r (see edit history)

I'm checking her live albums releases, and all of them were released by Warner when she was with them. Madame X Tour DVD/CD will not going to be released by Interscope for sure, maybe it will be released by Warner, that's why she haven't release it yet.

I mean, she's definitely looking for a label to release the DVD/CD, they were editing it months ago, it's probably ready.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

I'm checking her live albums releases, and all of them were released by Warner when she was with them. Madame X Tour DVD/CD will not going to be released by Interscope for sure, maybe it will be released by Warner, that's why she haven't release it yet.

I mean, she's definitely looking for a label to release the DVD/CD, they were editing it months ago, it's probably ready.

I thought Interscope was releasing this? Isn’t it part of the contract to professionally record and release all the tours? 

13 hours ago, Askeroff said:

sources tell Billboard that she has not inked a new deal anywhere as of Saturday (Aug. 8) and any talks are in early stages.

While The Sun reports that Madonna is considering a return to Warner Music

Warner Music declined to comment for this story.

DismalWhichComet-small.gif

This GIF never gets old. :clapp:

3 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

Let's not forget REBEL HEART TOUR was released through EAGLE VISION.  So Interscope isn't an issue here. It's  the parent company, Universal that we should be most concerned about. Still, no confirmation has been made that she's with Warner. The latest tour could still be through a Universal company or another third party company.

The Madame X Tour CD / DVD is clearly NOT the reason for Madonna to join Warner. Universal can release it, because it was probably included with the deal with them.

AS I said, maybe Warner will buy the rights fo all the stuff released by Universal. 

But the real reason why Madonna is "maybe" joining Warner, is the money she can earn with her back catalog. She'll probably win more money with re-releases of her back catalog than with any new album.

Of course, maybe the new deal is including new albums but I can't imagine Madonna win a lot of money with it. 

Does anyone knows if Madonna has the rights to her masters from her Warner Bros days?

I have a feeling Warner can't do anything with Madonna's catalog without Madonna's permission, right?

I do hope her 3 albums with Interscope won't be forgotten. She has some certifications to be updated there as well. 

Believe it or not, Bitch I'm Madonna could be Gold. Probably Rebel Heart as well?

Also...what happened to all the insiders? We used to have Drowned Madonna, Madonnatribe fighting for those exclusives back in the day. I miss those times. Her teams is so small nowadays we get nothing, lmao.

4 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Does anyone knows if Madonna has the rights to her masters from her Warner Bros days?

I have a feeling Warner can't do anything with Madonna's catalog without Madonna's permission, right?

I do hope her 3 albums with Interscope won't be forgotten. She has some certifications to be updated there as well. 

Believe it or not, Bitch I'm Madonna could be Gold. Probably Rebel Heart as well?

Also...what happened to all the insiders? We used to have Drowned Madonna, Madonnatribe fighting for those exclusives back in the day. I miss those times. Her teams is so small nowadays we get nothing, lmao.

She doesn't have the rights at the moment. A new contract could include that (ownership for Madonna but exclusive license to Warner). Prince got that when he came back to Warner for a double album release in 2014.

And no, Warner can only re-release previously released material the same way it was released. Anything involving something new (Deluxe editions, demos, unreleased stuff), she has to green light it.

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She doesn't have the rights at the moment. A new contract could include that (ownership for Madonna but exclusive license to Warner). Prince got that when he came back to Warner for a double album release in 2014.

And no, Warner can only re-release previously released material the same way it was released. Anything involving something new (Deluxe editions, demos, unreleased stuff), she has to green light it.

It's a win-win for both of them.

I really think this deal is happening. If not, Warner wouldn't have declined to comment. They are probably either still dealing with the last few details or they will officially announce it this week closer to Dua's single.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

It's a win-win for both of them.

I really think this deal is happening. If not, Warner wouldn't have declined to comment. They are probably either still dealing with the last few details or they will officially announce it this week closer to Dua's single.

I really hope they’ll announce it soon if it’s true.

2 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I really hope they’ll announce it soon if it’s true.

What makes me think that it's true is the original The Sun article. They didn't come out with the usual "sources say" crap. 

It reads like "I can reveal the queen of pop has left her label Interscope after almost a decade and is poised to sign an eight-figure deal to return to Warner Records". It's rare for tabloids to go all in and say "I CAN REVEAL" while the author signing the same news piece like this.

Even the Sun talks as if it's not a 100% done deal...but a most likely scenario. 

But everything points out to that direction.

The Sun is full of crap most of the time BUT sometimes the music/showbiz editor gets exclusive and real info before everyone else, some music teams use them to advance information. The Spice Girls did it with their last reunion in 2019, Kylie with her new single a month ago, etc.

We'll see. A proper announcement on her birthday would be very old school Madonna + Warner vibes.

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The Sun is full of crap most of the time BUT sometimes the music/showbiz editor gets exclusive and real info before everyone else, some music teams use them to advance information. The Spice Girls did it with their last reunion in 2019, Kylie with her new single a month ago, etc.

We'll see. A proper announcement on her birthday would be very old school Madonna + Warner vibes.

Exactly. Its their wording that makes me believe it. 

2 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Madonna don't have the rights of the WB master, but have the rights of the Interscope days, so probably she could re-release the last 3 album under the Warner records one day if she will signed to them ?

8 hours ago, milingo83 said:

Madonna don't have the rights of the WB master, but have the rights of the Interscope days, so probably she could re-release the last 3 album under the Warner records one day if she will signed to them ?

So if she ever decides, she can recertify her Interscope material?

Edit: not that there's a lot to certify but Bitch I'm Madonna could be Gold lol

And if we look carefully, the Warner new deal (if it happens) is the best (and maybe only) solution.

Considering the "bad" sales from the 3 Interscope albums, considering she's 62 and that her last tour has been a disaster in terms of image, Warner is the best solution. She can work on her strong back catalog, maybe providing some interesting releases (just take a look to what they did with Prince catalog : https://store.prince.com/store/?utm_source=EstateHub&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=Link-from-hub ) ,and if she wants, she can of course release new stuff.

On the opposite, if she deals with Interscope or Sony, then she would have to release only new stuff, in a weak way.

A new album with Warner means that Warner can provide a bigger support. They can release a new album is a re-release for example. Remember for example when in 2001 they re-released the 3 first albums during the tour. 

• Fighter locked and unfeatured this topic