Rumor: Madonna Left Interscope?

Shoful

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Seeing as none of her interscope singles have been hits I doubt a greatest hits is even on the cards 

Give me all your luvin', Girl gone wild, Masterpiece (Golden Globe award), Ghosttown, Bitch I'm Madonna, Medellin, Crave can be in a new GH. Also... Celebration was heavily focused on the 80's, a lot of good singles from the 90's and 00's were excluded. I think a new collection makes sense tbh

6 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

My experience is my experience and is not up for you to agree with or not. It just is. The arrogance of it all. 
You write a lot but say nothing at all besides criticizing people for voicing their opinions while heralding your own and walking on some faux higher ground because “positivity”.  There’s nothing positive about letting your fans of 4 decades wait for THAT long and struggle to get home after the show. It happened on all recent tours. Not just MX. 
It’s all just terribly silly and I’m not going into every meaningless point and generalization you have made. 

A Madonna forum is exactly where these things should be discussed. Your overly positive ones and the other side as well. 

love and light to you. 

That’s the beauty of a forum! We all get to express our opinions and share our experiences at the risk of being disagreed with or disapproved of! If you see nothing of import in my posts, don’t respond to them! I’m sorry that you find my posts arrogant and vapid, but also accept that I’m not everyone’s cup of tea. And that’s just fine by me! I’m here for Madonna! May she forever irritate the crap out of an increasing majority! That’s always been her thing after all.

20 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Give me all your luvin', Girl gone wild, Masterpiece (Golden Globe award), Ghosttown, Bitch I'm Madonna, Medellin, Crave can be in a new GH. Also... Celebration was heavily focused on the 80's, a lot of good singles from the 90's and 00's were excluded. I think a new collection makes sense tbh

This

53 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I would love this! ????

7 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

MDNA was the first era that she flopped, the beginning of the end, and she wasn't even using social media. Her sales and chart success dropped drastically when she went to Interscope.

With or without social media she would've get the same reaction, i actually think without her "social media controversies" -which most of them are made up by the media/social media overreactions- fewer people would've even notice she releases new stuff. I don't think Rebel Heart or Madame X would've sell more copies if she was not being "messy" on IG, cuz Interscope, her team, her manager, idk who, don't know that streaming promo > few random interviews nowadays.

MDNA was an underwhelming album after 4 long years with singles that couldn't really compete with ones by newer pop artists imho. Her social media sealed the deal for the downward trend. I agree that internet promo is better than interviews, pop music fans are out here on the net finding stuff on Youtube and social media not watching morning show interviews. Her and her team being bad at the internet is what kept things going downhill, including streaming promo and her bad social media. 

46 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

That’s the beauty of a forum! We all get to express our opinions and share our experiences at the risk of being disagreed with or disapproved of! If you see nothing of import in my posts, don’t respond to them! I’m sorry that you find my posts arrogant and vapid, but also accept that I’m not everyone’s cup of tea. And that’s just fine by me! I’m here for Madonna! May she forever irritate the crap out of an increasing majority! That’s always been her thing after all.

The beauty of a forum is to have opinions without insulting each other. But no one is saying you can't do or say whatever you want, at the risk of getting a warning or getting banned that is. :thumbsup:

Another Greatest Hits album doesn’t interest me, if it’s just the album versions. But I would like a remix album with new remixes of older songs with two or three new dance songs. It could include the Interscope material. A song like Turn Up the Radio could have a great remix. That would be a great way to interest people in her older music, but still give hardcore fans something new that they don’t already own. 

Edited by Glindathegood (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Fighter said:

MDNA was an underwhelming album after 4 long years with singles that couldn't really compete with ones by newer pop artists imho. Her social media sealed the deal for the downward trend. I agree that internet promo is better than interviews, pop music fans are out here on the net finding stuff on Youtube and social media not watching morning show interviews. Her and her team being bad at the internet is what kept things going downhill, including streaming promo and her bad social media. 

MDNA had singles that could better than the released ones. Masterpiece was a huge hit in Russia, it could be released as a third single instead of TUTR. Even Falling Free was a better option but her label refused to release it.

8 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

MDNA had singles that could better than the released ones. Masterpiece was a huge hit in Russia, it could be released as a third single instead of TUTR. Even Falling Free was a better option but her label refused to release it.

GGW and TUTR were very blatantly commercial... I never listen to them tbh. Even songs like Love Spent, I'm Addicted and Gang Bang would've left a bigger mark and carried her name in pop music for longer, even if they didn't burn the charts. 

14 minutes ago, Fighter said:

GGW and TUTR were very blatantly commercial... I never listen to them tbh. Even songs like Love Spent, I'm Addicted and Gang Bang would've left a bigger mark and carried her name in pop music for longer, even if they didn't burn the charts. 

TUTR is one of the most horrible songs I have ever heard. I cannot believe The Queen of Pop recorded that song.... I’m Addicted is AMAZING. That should’ve been the lead! Its awesome and more experimental. MDNA couldve been a great album if it was only like 8-10 tracks!

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Shoful said:

TUTR is one of the most horrible songs I have ever heard. I cannot believe The Queen of Pop recorded that song.... I’m Addicted is AMAZING. That should’ve been the lead! Its awesome and more experimental. MDNA couldve been a great album if it was only like 8-10 tracks!

Totally agree. 

1. Girl Gone Wild
  2. Gang Bang
  3. I’m Addicted
  4. Best Friend
  5. Beautiful Killer 
  6. I Don’t Give A
  7. I’m A Sinner 
  8. Love Spent 
  9. Masterpiece
  10. Falling Free

Are the standout tracks for me. Others range from enjoyable but filler to just bad. 

"MDNA" was a good fun pop album - with a dark side exploring all the pain of her divorce. I enjoyed it a lot at the time. It came a little late with the whole EDM/Dance pop cycle almost ending (Rihanna's "Loud", Gaga, Britney's "Femme Fatale", all the super popular DJs) but it was 100% current when it was released. There are some really good songs there. Artwork was excellent. Promotion could have been better. And single releases probably, too but "GGW" and "TUTR" are both bangers.

I know a lot of fans dislike the album but I always think that if "MDNA" had been a huge success the perception would be different.

The original tracklist worked better, IMO:

01. Girls Gone Wild
02. Gang Bang
03. I'm Addicted
04. Some Girls
05. I Don't Give A
06. Turn Up The Radio
07. Give Me All Your Luvin'
08. B-day Song
09. Superstar
10. I'm A Sinner
11. Masterpiece
12. Falling Free
13. Love Spent
14. I Fucked Up
15. Beautiful Killer

Then "Best Friend" was added at last minute and tracklist changed. And "Girls Gone Wild" became "Girl Gone Wild".

And don't get me started on THAT tour

8f86cbd0e347e0a8ebc576d795f43ea9.jpg

Amazing.

It's difficult to decide what is good and what is wrong. For this specific album we all have very different tastes and opinions. For instance, I quite fancy TUTR and still use it as my phone ringtone. I find GMAYL very cheap and the cheerleader thing and the chant were not enough to make it relevant. Instead, I love GGW, it reminds me of the car trip to Nice to see the tour. Of all M ballads I find Falling Free the most boring one, so repetitive, I tend to skip it. Beautiful killer is a fan favourite but I find it a bad copy of previous Orbit tracks + Die another day. One of my favourite tracks on the album is I don't give a ***.

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

The beauty of a forum is to have opinions without insulting each other. But no one is saying you can't do or say whatever you want, at the risk of getting a warning or getting banned that is. :thumbsup:

Honestly...please explain what I have written that would merit being banned? There is no personal insult in anything I ever write, which cannot be said for those that take issue with my self-expression. You may disagree with my perspective, but I actively contribute ideas for the purpose of discussion, which is what the forum is for. If that is cause for being reprimanded or banned, then by all means let that happen. I’ve been through so many Madonna forums over the years where inevitably this type of divisiveness takes hold of the general atmosphere. If my ideas aren’t welcome here, I am perfectly okay with this. I’m not going to be intimidated for defending Madonna’s integrity on a forum dedicated to her. I’ll continue to enjoy Madonna on my own, as I always have, but it would be appreciated if we can just move on, and anyone who finds me arrogant or sycophantic, or whatever other projection anyone wishes to make upon a total stranger, can just ignore me as I do them.

i apologize for getting sidetracked, and will step back to allow this thread to get back on topic.

55 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

Honestly...please explain what I have written that would merit being banned? There is no personal insult in anything I ever write, which cannot be said for those that take issue with my self-expression. You may disagree with my perspective, but I actively contribute ideas for the purpose of discussion, which is what the forum is for. If that is cause for being reprimanded or banned, then by all means let that happen. I’ve been through so many Madonna forums over the years where inevitably this type of divisiveness takes hold of the general atmosphere. If my ideas aren’t welcome here, I am perfectly okay with this. I’m not going to be intimidated for defending Madonna’s integrity on a forum dedicated to her. I’ll continue to enjoy Madonna on my own, as I always have, but it would be appreciated if we can just move on, and anyone who finds me arrogant or sycophantic, or whatever other projection anyone wishes to make upon a total stranger, can just ignore me as I do them.

i apologize for getting sidetracked, and will step back to allow this thread to get back on topic.

You are the one who has a problem with other people. You are the one insulting total strangers. You are the one not ignoring those whose opinions offend you. You are the one not moving on. It's not the other way around. People don't like that you are insulting them, it's not that they don't like you "defending Madonna's integrity". Stop being intellectually dishonest. I don't wanna hear it. :cryin:

5 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Seeing as none of her interscope singles have been hits I doubt a greatest hits is even on the cards 

Well, it would have 3 songs - GMAYL - No. 10, Bitch No. 84, Ghosttown No. 18 AC Chart and Crave No. 11 on the AC chart.

Internationally - Living for Love did ok - UK. No. 26 - Not bad!

I think those people blaming Interscope for her lack lustre chart performance are mis guided. Madonna has had loads of flops with Warner - in America - Bedtime Stories, Human Nature, American Life (the entire era), Nothing Really Matters, Give it 2 me, Miles Away and then everything beyond GMAYL - 

BUT I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy - I love Madonna, I've loved her albums, love her songs, can't wait for new stuff! I just want us to all have realistic expectations :)

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

Well, it would have 3 songs - GMAYL - No. 10, Bitch No. 84, Ghosttown No. 18 AC Chart and Crave No. 11 on the AC chart.

Internationally - Living for Love did ok - UK. No. 26 - Not bad!

I think those people blaming Interscope for her lack lustre chart performance are mis guided. Madonna has had loads of flops with Warner - in America - Bedtime Stories, Human Nature, American Life (the entire era), Nothing Really Matters, Give it 2 me, Miles Away and then everything beyond GMAYL - 

BUT I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy - I love Madonna, I've loved her albums, love her songs, can't wait for new stuff! I just want us to all have realistic expectations :)

And she STILL had the most Billboard Hot 100 songs from an over 50 year old female artist in music history

1. 4 Minutes

2.  Give it to Me

3.  Celebration

4.  GMAYL

5.  BIM

Guest DeeperDeeper
On 8/9/2020 at 4:16 AM, Fighter said:

I don't expect much to change with future albums, record companies seem quite useless these days.... but hopefully they'll give us some legacy stuff. Then again they did Celebration... :cryin:

If Madonna has gone back to Warner, we'll probably see a lot of legacy stuff re-released etc... 

I wish Madonna did a book deal for her autobiography and a coffee table book of all the iconic photos from her career. 

I’m always thinking of greatest hits collections. I think it’s part of my OCD.

The truth is nothing will ever top the Immaculate collection. 
Nothing. It’s the publics go to Madonna album and it contains most of her 80’s hits. 
Any other greatest hits won’t meet the mark and feel balanced because you just can’t have a hits collection without pretty much all of The Immaculate collection on it so the first 8 years of her career get the same amount of tracks as the second 30 years of her career. It’s also does exactly what madonna doesn’t want to do which is to frame her as an 80’s only girl. 

If it were my decision I would probably Curate a special edition of the immaculate for the 30th anniversary which would still make it qualify for the certifications.

Still have a single disc version like the original with three bonus tracks.

1. Dress You Up

2. True Blue

3. Who’s That Girl. 

They really are the glaring omissions from the first collection in terms of big hits. 

Tweak a couple of edits to make it desirable for collectors.

In particular Into The Groove needs the “Now I Know You’re Mine” portion of the song.

Live To Tell ( shorter edit but not single version without fade in)

Vogue - Single Version

Justify My Love - Edit

Rescue Me - Single Edit. 

The most contentious song on the Immaculate Collection is the version of Like A Prayer that’s included. I like the dance version cause it keeps the collection bopping but I’d probably want a slight edit of it. 

Where I would switch things up I’d make deluxe digital and streaming versions that include the lost singles as bonus tracks cause disc length time constraints are not an issue here. 

Everybody (celebration edit)

Burning Up (single version)

Angel (fade)

Gambler

Causing A Commotion (silver screen mix)

The Look Of Love (there’s an edit to be made here) 

Hanky Panky (album version)

Oh Father (edit)

Keep It Together (single remix)

Dont think we need Spotlight to be honest and Dear Jessie sort of drags the flow. But not adverse to them. I’d possibly every add This Used To Be My Playground (Barcelona Gold edit) here to and maybe a bonus unreleased track recorded for the project itself. (If they’re any good).

Maybe put them all on a 2CD bonus disc and call it The Royal Box.

Then that’s it isn’t it. The 80’s are completely wrapped up in the perfect bow never to be addressed again.

I think fans and any member of the GP who is familiar with that collection would be satisfied. 

so that’s the 80’s done and dusted. which is good because the second part of the project is a double disc CD that binds together and honours 92-20.

I still think this should trade on The immaculate Collection brand because it’s great for consistency and commercial tie ins. People love sequels. 

Lots of Madonnas 90’s singles weren’t as economic in their 7” version so there is indeed fat to be trimmed from many of the tracks without making them sound truncated. With all the Maxi singles making their way into streaming soon we’ll have the original single edits soon anyway so new edits like The Immaculate mean new content. 

CD 1

1. Erotica (new shorter edit) 

2. Deeper & Deeper (new shorter edit)

3. Bad Girl (new edit without extended instrumental bridge)

4. Fever (edit one)

5. Rain ( Video edit)

6. I’ll Remember (new edit)

7. Secret (shorter edit)

8. Take A Bow (edit)

9. Bedtime Story (juniors single mix edit)

10. Human Nature (short edit)

11. You’ll See (edit)

12. Frozen (edit)

13. Ray Of Light (edit)

14. Drowned World ( radio edit)

15. The Power Of Goodbye ( Radio edit)

16. Nothing Really Matters (Radio Edit)

17. Beautiful Stranger (orbit radio edit)

18. American Pie (single version)

Disc one - Streaming and download bonus tracks

Bye Bye Baby

One More Chance

Love Dont Live Here Anymore.

You Must Love Me

Dont Cry For Me Argentina  

Disc 2

1. Music

2. Don’t Tell Me (album re edit.. the offices single edit is horrendous)

3. WIFLFAG (single edit with spoken intro)

4. Die Another Day ( single re edit)

5. American Life ( Shortest edit possible)

6. Hollywood ( thin white duck vocal edit)

7. Hung Up (edit)

8.. Sorry (edit)

9. Get Together (edit)

10. Jump ( edit)

11. 4 Minutes (4:04 version)

12. Give It 2 me (edit)

13.Miles Away (edit)

14. Celebration (shorter End fade)

15. GMAYL

16. Girl Gone Wild (Justin Cognita mix with spoken intro)

17. Ghosttown

18. Bitch I’m Madonna

19. Medellin

20. Crave

21. New track

(streaming / download bonus bundle)

1. Love Profusion (Ralphi Rosario Single edit)

2. Nothing Fails (single edit)

3. Revolver 

4. Masterpiece 

5. Turn Up The Radio

6. Living For Love

7. I Rise

8. God Control (single edit)

9. IDSIF ( remix)

Id be so happy with this collection. 
All areas of her career acknowledged and comprehensive.

• Fighter locked and unfeatured this topic