Rumor: Madonna Left Interscope?

Shoful

17 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

People still buy Greatest hits ? Kinda pointless in the digital area where you can listen to any track you want when you want...

I like compilations on Vynil, for example. I can play a record without skipping with a selection of songs. But then is difficult to have a good compilation into a vinyl.

Guest DeeperDeeper
36 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

People still buy Greatest hits ? Kinda pointless in the digital area where you can listen to any track you want when you want...

Unless it's like IC where the songs were remixed or new music like on the IC version of Express Yourself and Like A Prayer. 

But you have a point, GH collections are pretty pointless in the digital age where people can compile their own set lists easily. 

7 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Can someone explain why so many people hate celebration?

Poor use of room on CD's 

6 minutes version of Holiday? 

Dreadful edits of Express Yourself, Cherish & Dress You Up.

The DVD was the worst quality.

The artwork contained lyrics from songs that weren't even featured on the record.

Iffy mastering issues. There were pops on Music & Erotica.

The weird inclusion of Miles Away over Give It 2 Me which was a genuine hit. 

A few questionable songs on the track list and some glaring omissions which felt odd.

The irradication of BallaDonna.

The lead single had a different remix for the video which was not on the CD when you bought it so casual fans would have been miffed.

The version of Revolver was a rough mix and even the guy who made it said it was the wrong version that had been used.

It was just poorly thought out and badly delivered...and in truth Celebration the song is cute enough but it and Revolver really were the bargain bucket of Madonna songs that lead into the cheapness of the MDNA era. 

They're no Justify My Love & Rescue Me.

The whole thing just felt rushed and "will this do". 

I'm still not over the 6 minutes version of Holiday to be honest...I mean...Debbie from Compilations was clearly having a crisis that day.

Oh I see,

so I did some digging and found out that tracks which are present in their LP versions, properly remastered, are "Hung Up" (which is the unmixed album version), "Holiday", "Into the Groove", "Like a Prayer", "Material Girl", "La Isla Bonita", "Papa Don't Preach", "Burning Up", "Who's That Girl", "Take a Bow", "Live to Tell", "Beautiful Stranger", and "Frozen", which is slightly different from the LP version and has a longer string outro. Correctly recreated single edits are "Ray of Light" and "Secret".

Four Q-Sound mixes were lifted from "The Immaculate Collection" - "Vogue", "Like a Virgin", "Open Your Heart" and "Crazy for You". Respectively, their correct single versions would've been Single Remix, Album Version, 7'' Remix and Fade.

Two new Q-Sound mixes were used for "Borderline" and "Lucky Star", where the latter one is noticeably different from the previous mix. Their single mixes are unreleased on CD to this day.

Correct Radio Edits were used for "Sorry", "4 Minutes" and "Miles Away", but instead of remastering, they are just lowered in volume to better match the overall loudness of the album.

The "Celebration" version of "Everybody" is based on the Album Version, but edited down to 4:10.

"Hollywood" and "Die Another Day" are direct rips from the "American Life" album, which means that "Hollywood includes the fade-out of "American Life", and "Die Another Day" is missing a bit of its intro since the track index was misplaced on the original pressing. Both were fixed on later pressings and digital editions of this release.

The LP Version of "Justify My Love" has the "Erotica" vinyl crackling fade-out at the start.

"Don't Tell Me" is a hastily done Radio Edit where the ending just fades out quickly. The correct Radio Edit was released on many CD singles previously.

Due to many mastering errors, the LP version of "Music" has many clicks and pops that weren't previously present.

Due to a mastering error, the LP version of "Dress You Up" lost the three first beats of the intro.

The "Celebration" version of "Express Yourself" is a mix of 2 versions: it has the intro of the Local Mix and then switches to a shorter version of the Remix Edit, with another switch happening in the middle 8. It seems to be inspired by the video version.

The "Celebration" version of "Cherish" is based on the Album Version, but edited down to the length of the Q-Sound Mix. Due to its editing, it has alternate/wrong lyrics at the end. It was fixed on later pressings and digital editions of this release.

"Erotica" is a recreated Radio Edit with a very noticeable error in the middle 8. It was fixed on later pressings and digital editions of this release.

Although a new song, "Revolver" has poorly mixed vocals buried in the instrumental.

After reading all that i'm ashamed to have bought the thing, if they treated her last hits album like that how I shudder to think how they would handle a new compilation album?

I couldn’t have cared less for the celebration cd as most fans have these songs anyway - it was the dvd that was the biggest let down for me as it’s the only real full compilation of her music videos ( and yes I know some videos were omitted ) and the quality was very poor on a lot of the tracks and 5.1 audio was pointless too 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, 8-tee's said:

I have faith when Warner and Madonna decide to put effort into a package. It'll be perfect. They are very aware of what fans want. 

Agreed. I really hope she signs that contract, or even better, has signed the contract.

All she has to do right now is get to work on what’s next, she doesn’t have to sign a future music record contract to sign with Warner for licensing of her catalog, or for a soundtrack using her music, at least to test the waters for new music later? They could easily package all of her #1 Dance hits into a deluxe digital edition, and re-release the original singles to digital in batches, getting the streaming audience to (re)discover her music. She’s already in the news because Drake outdid her top 10 record, so releasing a GH now, even if it’s just dance hits, could do well if she‘s cooperative and supportive. Who knows, she could even re-record a song or two and release them to prepare the GP for the biopic and out-Drake Drake! Lol. Pure speculation and wishlisting here, but TIC and JML are 30 this November, it’d be a low down dirty shame to not capitalize a little but on it with a dance hits edition or something. 
unless Interscope has a window of time after the contract term expired to continue distribution of the music she released with them, it would make logical sense she’d be able to grant licensing for all her post WB recordings  to whichever label she signs with next, perhaps signing a more flexible contract with a shorter term or release requirements. 
I know I’m not the only one who’s suggested this, but I’ve always thought she’d do great releasing EP’s with 5-7 songs, every 6-9mos. She could tour every other cycle, or explore different sounds and genres of music and stay current or experimental. 

I will stake my fan card on this: 

There is no way in hell she’s letting Madame X have the final word. Lol. 

2 hours ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

I know I’m not the only one who’s suggested this, but I’ve always thought she’d do great releasing EP’s with 5-7 songs, every 6-9mos. She could tour every other cycle, or explore different sounds and genres of music and stay current or experimental.

That would be so great!

12 hours ago, steady75 said:

Poor use of room on CD's 

6 minutes version of Holiday? 

Dreadful edits of Express Yourself, Cherish & Dress You Up.

The DVD was the worst quality.

The artwork contained lyrics from songs that weren't even featured on the record.

Iffy mastering issues. There were pops on Music & Erotica.

The weird inclusion of Miles Away over Give It 2 Me which was a genuine hit. 

A few questionable songs on the track list and some glaring omissions which felt odd.

The irradication of BallaDonna.

The lead single had a different remix for the video which was not on the CD when you bought it so casual fans would have been miffed.

The version of Revolver was a rough mix and even the guy who made it said it was the wrong version that had been used.

It was just poorly thought out and badly delivered...and in truth Celebration the song is cute enough but it and Revolver really were the bargain bucket of Madonna songs that lead into the cheapness of the MDNA era. 

They're no Justify My Love & Rescue Me.

The whole thing just felt rushed and "will this do". 

I'm still not over the 6 minutes version of Holiday to be honest...I mean...Debbie from Compilations was clearly having a crisis that day.

In the booklet of the 2-CD set, La isla bonita is produced by William Orbit. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
20 hours ago, deathproof said:

People still stream greatest hits ?

They're also curating their own greatest hits collections! 

I’d actually like as many comprehensive compilations and re-editions as possible before the companies stop making CD’s. There are already industry moves to stop stocking CD’s. It’s part of the industries contribution to climate change and plastic waste. 
I imagine CD runs will become limited and the release schedule for album campaigns will completely change. We’ve already seen many of the big pop artists move to an album release after all the singles have been released. 
We’re heading towards a singles market again. I imagine they’ll be a swing back in favour of downloads if people want to “own” the music. Feels counter intuitive but global economies really are starting to seriously look at eco friendly methods, with some of the big vendors stopping stocking CD’s in the last couple of years. The music industry is the perfect example of  an already viable “other” way. 

• Fighter locked and unfeatured this topic