Rumor: Madonna Left Interscope?

Shoful

5 hours ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

I can only speak for myself on the MDNA and RHT eras, and my experiences from how I enjoyed each album to how each tour makes me feel when I see them. I enjoyed RHT much more than MDNAT, and have an equal like/love of each album, including MX. 
As a man in my mid-40’s the Madame X era was exciting, referential in the right ways, and conceptually great. But the whole method-actor 007 schtick irritated me. The rollout was better than I thought at the time, I just feel that Interscope really had no idea how to market M’s music, especially RH. There’s no excuse for the gimmickry of the 3 editions and drastically different covers that only a fan would know the difference, all on the same day? I still can’t figure out how they released 3 versions of the same track list, w/ different cover art, yet they would NOT release a “Rebel” album, a “Heart” album, then a 2 disc “Rebel Heart” album with the definitive tracklist we know. She either didn’t utilize the A&R and marketing departments at Interscope,  or they had no idea that Madonna came from an entire career of having all of those behind the scenes elements in-house and delegated for her. As much as it would make sense to just create and present her work independently, I can also see her enjoying driving the well oiled machine that a label line Warner could offer her.  
As histrionic as this reads, Interscope just seemed like they manhandled M from the get-go. But maybe they weren’t obligated to do more, so the cold-shoulder approach to marketing may just be me assuming they owed her more. 

Is the day of today I am not able to recall what's exactly on RH. For me It's such a confusion of an album. And I love lots of tracks from it but I don't know exactly which ones meant to make the album.

I’m so envious of Mariah Carey fans right now.

The MC30 campaign is flawless.

Each week all the maxis singles for an album are released including lost mixes and live versions, a live album of her first promo launch. That’s four eras of EP’s so far with the Butterfly Era remixes coming this Friday and she’s also just announced a 2CD rarities album which is set to put b sides, demo versions, unreleased and Scarce tracks on disc one and her first live album on disc 2.

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Each week all the maxis singles for an album are released including lost mixes and live versions, a live album of her first promo launch. That’s four eras of EP’s so far with the Butterfly Era remixes coming this Friday and she’s also just announced a 2CD rarities album which is set to put b sides, demo versions, unreleased and Scarce tracks on disc one and her first live album on disc 2.

That’s a way to treat your legacy ?

Guest Nobody Knows Me

The MC30 campaign has only happened now that Mariah has returned to Sony, who has the rights to everything in the vaults. So if Madonna has returned to Warner then there’s a good chance that they’ll get the vaults opened as well.

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

She also posted a preview where you see a vault opening and a clip of an unreleased music video ! Fans went crazy ! It' like all of a sudden Madonna posts a never seen music video for Impressive Instant !

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Madonna please open your vaults for us!

Kind of anticlimactic when she does it considering how much stuff Lederman already stole from there. That's one thing we don't often discuss, the fact that Madonna is the most leaked artist ever, from demos and stems to photoshoots and video. Maybe part of her reasons not to revisit her past is the fact that it's been so pillaged by fans already.

17 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I’ve been thinking, since IGTTYAS has been removed from iTunes Stores, could it be that Warner is planning a remastered release just like the Vogue and Human Nature singles?

I think it's just a mistake or maybe the rights for that particular live album expired. Or maybe it was a one-off contract with Warner for a number of years, I don't know. It was her first live album so maybe it wasn't planned at first and they did something different for it to be able to release it and capitalize on "Confessions" success and the 2006 tour.

17 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don’t think either of those singles are remastered, are they? 

No they're not and better that way, to be honest. Just the original audio, no boosting or pseudo-remastering!

Guest Nobody Knows Me

It’s definitely great to see but I’ve also learned that she only appears on websites for Warner Music as opposed to Warner Records, and the reason she’s on that website is most likely due to her being under the Rhino Records umbrella.

If she signs to Warner Records then they’ll probably launch a huge press release the second she puts pen to paper. 

1 hour ago, BadGurlMadge said:

With what songs? None were hits, but if any song: Give Me All Your Luvin, Girl Gone Wild, Bitch I’m Madonna, Living For Love, Medellin & I Rise?

I wouldn't mind a B - Sides collections from American Life through the Interscope Era.  it would be something new and different and wouldn't need to be actual Hits. 

I already made a tracklist/Playlist.

B Side Hits

NEW SONG

Future Lovers

I Don’t Search I Find

Candy Shop (Rebel Heart Tour Mix)

Best Night

Iconic

Beautiful Killer / Die Another Day Mashup

Like it or Not

Voices

HeartBreakCity

Love Profusion

Come Alive

Forbidden Love

Future (Madame X Tour Mix)

Falling Free

Nobody Knows Me (Reinvention Tour Mix)

God Control

NEW SONG

Broken

5 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

A rarities album like Mariah Is doing would be cool, but I wondered how many unheard songs does Madonna have? I always had the idea that except for Rebel Heart she didn’t record a lot of extra tracks. I thought I read that somewhere but I could be wrong. 

She’s recorded lots!!

I think she might have a lot of rough demos where she just sits with writers and a few performers, or just with Monty as those are pretty easy to record on the fly as jam sessions with mics, preamps, instruments and a laptop. In terms of actual studio recordings, I think they've been more careful about time, money and resources when booking out a studio with technicians and more performers, and especially after the Rebel Heart leaks, reducing the amount of people who would have access to those Pro Tools sessions.

I wouldn't imagine there are too many astounding unreleased tracks and demos, they're usualy quite underwhelming. The ones which really struck me were the Rick Nowels demos from what became Ray of Light (The Power of Goodbye, To Have and Not To Hold, Little Star and Like A Flower to illustrate). Those were nicely fleshed out and the vocal take on The Power of Goodbye is by far my favourite thing she's ever done.

Also, it's really a waste of time to record as many songs as you write per album because it gives you less time to really perfect what you need for a release in mind. Case in point is Rebel Heart - way too much and the result was a collection of songs that were all over the place.

20 minutes ago, PatrickSamuel said:

I think they've been more careful about time, money and resources when booking out a studio with technicians and more performers, and especially after the Rebel Heart leaks, reducing the amount of people who would have access to those Pro Tools sessions.

Majority of her post LAP recordings were done in home studios though.

I liked a lot of the left over Rebel Heart tracks, but the extra songs that leaked out from other albums didn’t impress me much. I wonder if there are any extra tracks from the Madame X sessions? 
It will be interesting to see if any of the Mariah tracks are good. I wonder if by rarities she means never heard before tracks or ones that were released previously as B sides to singles? 

I guess now with expanded deluxe editions you can release more songs with the original album, so there aren’t as many left overs. It does seem as though a lot of albums not just Madonna’s are longer than they were in the 80s.  But it also seemed as though artists released albums more often back then so I guess it evens out. 

Yeah people don’t realise.

between 82-92  Madonna released 61* songs & b sides up to before Erotica

between 92-02 Madonna released 62* songs not including Evita

betqeen 02-12 Madonna released 46* songs up to before MDNA

between 12 -19 Madonna released 59* songs into the world including features

And there’s still two more years before this decade of her career  is out. 

*Or there abouts.

Plus loads of leaks in the last decade. In our minds she’s released way less but the truth is the output is still the same if not more in terms of content for the fans. It’s just the quality, promo and visibility that have declined. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
5 hours ago, steady75 said:

Yeah people don’t realise.

between 82-92  Madonna released 61* songs & b sides up to before Erotica

between 92-02 Madonna released 62* songs not including Evita

betqeen 02-12 Madonna released 46* songs up to before MDNA

between 12 -19 Madonna released 59* songs into the world including features

And there’s still two more years before this decade of her career  is out. 

*Or there abouts.

Plus loads of leaks in the last decade. In our minds she’s released way less but the truth is the output is still the same if not more in terms of content for the fans. It’s just the quality, promo and visibility that have declined. 

Blame Oseary, King, Klein and other yes people she has around her, along with the absence of Rosenberg. 

• Fighter locked and unfeatured this topic