Rumor: Madonna Left Interscope?

Shoful

According to Steve Bray, both Love attack and First there is a kiss are great but didn't fit the Like a prayer album.

And of course, every fan would love to hear Warning signs!

Jellybean remixed Work your fingers to the bone, so it's finished.

To love you was written for Dick Tracy and reworked in 1994. 

We have at least 3 songs to hear written with Pettibone, including Bring it.

We have many unheard tracks for every era until Ray of light, after 1998 many songs leaked but many are great: to me the best are Arioso, Run, Animal, Never let you go.

But we also have songs that we don't know anything about. A friend of Pat Leonard told me he heard the Hello Suckers demos and commented: "They’re awesome and her voice is sterling. One of the ballads is called When I’m Gone".

2 hours ago, madgefan said:

Maybe an early stage demo of How High?

From his words it sounded like a totally unknown song. Who knows...

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

This is a big misconception, it wasn’t written for Dick Tracy and was actually written for a totally different project.

Wasn't it written with Andy Paley? He worked on the Dick Tracy soundtrack. What other connection does M have with him?

38 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

What will it take for Madonna's Team to have her future SINGLES well promoted, and played on MAINSTREAM stations??

What's going on with her lack of promotion / block these past years?

You can’t force radio stations to play someone’s songs.  Radio stations don’t want to play songs by someone over a certain age because it doesn’t appeal to the demographic they are trying to reach. 

14 hours ago, bedtimestory said:

What will it take for Madonna's Team to have her future SINGLES well promoted, and played on MAINSTREAM stations??

What's going on with her lack of promotion / block these past years?

it's the norm for a 50 and over, hell sometimes 40 and over, female artist, I EXPECT it

Hell Madonna could release another Vogue and it'll be ignored at radio, that's just how it is

I'm constantly surprised that fans are surprised at her lack of radio support and that they bring it up all the time

The fact that only 4 singles from an over 50 female artist, one is GMAYL, has made the Billboard Hot 100 top 10 , of the THOUSANDS released since Billboard began, should tell you all you need to know.  99.999999% of the time a single from an over 50 female act gets ignored at radio

It's the overwhelming norm

When Taylor swift and lady Gaga reach 40 they will have the same issues with radio play so they should enjoy their success whilst it lasts - most pop stars have a shelf life of around 15 years unless they attain icon / legend status - M is a legend but I think her social media shenanigans has ruined that the last year ?

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I really don’t think her social media presence is taking away her legend status. You can’t erase history.

45 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

When Taylor swift and lady Gaga reach 40 they will have the same issues with radio play so they should enjoy their success whilst it lasts - most pop stars have a shelf life of around 15 years unless they attain icon / legend status - M is a legend but I think her social media shenanigans has ruined that the last year ?

15 years is generous.  Madonna always got some sort of radio play, first 25-26 years of her career, until she left Warner's.  4 Minutes was big at radio and Give it to Me and Celebration got moderate play, enough to chart.  Compared to the practically non existent airplay her Interscope stuff has received

Of course she's also older

Even 30 something female pop stars like Britney, Beyonce, Miley and Katy has seen their airplay fall and they're only 30 something

17 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I really don’t think her social media presence is taking away her legend status. You can’t erase history.

exactly and Cher gets even less radio play with her new stuff as Madonna aa does Streisand.  They're all just considered too old for radio, her social media is irrelevan

Like I previously stated, Madonna could release another Vogue and it would flop at radio

With Madonnas attitude towards demos the artists finished vision being her passion and all the shit that happened with demo's over the years I could well believe she has no desire to share demos. Maybe fully finished tracks that just didn't make the final cut...but demos...I think we'll be waiting until she's gone for those.

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Really ? Nowadays it seems to make or break people’s careers which I think is ludicrous but she certainly hasn’t adopted any new fans ? You can’t deny that ? I hate social media anyway and I think she should just come off it but I’m sure i will be shut down for making comments like that but I’m from the old school days of newspaper and tv publicity not this vacuous social media celebrity bubble people get caught up in ?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
17 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Really ? Nowadays it seems to make or break people’s careers which I think is ludicrous but she certainly hasn’t adopted any new fans ? You can’t deny that ? I hate social media anyway and I think she should just come off it but I’m sure i will be shut down for making comments like that but I’m from the old school days of newspaper and tv publicity not this vacuous social media celebrity bubble people get caught up in ?

I’m not shooting you down or anything, I’m just saying that M is in a very different league to other people on social media, so comparing her to them makes no sense. They don’t have her history, her legacy, and people don’t really care so it’s easier for their posts to affect their career. Madonna has been here for 38 years. Some silly posts that a lot of people haven’t even seen since they may not even use Instagram, aren’t going to erase everything she’s done. 

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Thank you. People are always looking for something to blame. First Warner, then Guy O, then Interscope, and after about a billion threads about her hair and her ass, people are now blaming her social media. 

"Oh because of the bathtub video Levitating won't be number 1" :Madonna007:

Those REALLY stupid "social media rules" and how to behave on social media or what to post or what to be left unsaid, that shit applies to garbage like Jeffrey Star, James Charles, Shane Dawson, and even the queens from Drag Race... These people would be NOTHING without social media. That would not be the case for Madonna. FUCKING MADONNA. Please don't put her in the same box as those nobodies.

Madonnas social media is definitely something that will affect her legacy in the short term and possibly until she really really embraces it. She seems to view her youth as something that makes her old. There's almost a resentment at times. People who casually admired her in her their youth, who are likely more conservative now, would not recognise the Madonna they once knew. Most people have affection for their youthful years and Madonna not recognising them wont translate well to her peers.  That turns people off. She doesn't come across as edgy and daring on social media. She either comes across as a good mom or someone frightfully out of touch with real life, social issues aside. Young people who click on her profile would probably be turned off by her antics too. I'm not sure her social media serves to placate any one but her self...and that's so Madonna.

The interesting thing with Madonna is she went from being a present commentary on the times she lived through to more of a case study of the issues surrounding celebrity and fame. Her seeming irrelevance in todays culture only emboldens her own stance on women being irrelevant when they reach a certain age. The issues she presents are definitely real but theres a new distance between the subject and the issues that was never there before. It's hard to explain what I mean but either way social media has not served her current incarnation and the way her legacy is viewed. I think it's diminished both and Madonna comes across as hugely insecure and a maybe just a little bit bitter these days. 

The hanging on to youth by her fingernails routine actually makes her appear older physically and less self assured mentally. It sort of undermines her power. When you have someone like Cher who, even though she has had well documented endless work and is still hugely outspoke, she is never viewed as old and out of touch. Somehow Cher feels eternally relevant and people love her rants and political views / takes on anything. 

Cher is like teflon though..She is super strong. Madonna.....there's no doubt she's strong but she has appeared to be so vulnerable in the last decade or so. I think if you take yourself too seriously other people tend not to. The Cher Madonna paradox is eternally interesting to me. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I don’t think social media has done any favours for her whatsoever. People view her as foolish when she posts unfortunately, and some of her posts are questionable, but I don’t think it will have a long-term impact on her status in music culture. I do think getting a better social media manager and embracing her legacy would do her a lot of favours though. 

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don’t think social media has done any favours for her whatsoever. People view her as foolish when she posts unfortunately, and some of her posts are questionable, but I don’t think it will have a long-term impact on her status in music culture. I do think getting a better social media manager and embracing her legacy would do her a lot of favours though. 

That’s basically what I was trying to say earlier but it got taken out of proportion...

anyway let’s hope we get news about her next record deal so we have something to look forward to

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

That’s basically what I was trying to say earlier but it got taken out of proportion...

anyway let’s hope we get news about her next record deal so we have something to look forward to

My apologies, I was just saying that I don’t think her legend status will ever go away in music culture in response to this. 

7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

M is a legend but I think her social media shenanigans has ruined that the last year ?

14 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

My apologies, I was just saying that I don’t think her legend status will ever go away in music culture in response to this. 

Oh please.  Michael Jackson went on trial for molesting kids and his legend status is intact.  Let's not get crazy here.

22 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

But you said her social media presence in "the last year" affected her airplay

But Madonna hasn't even released any songs to radio in the last year

11 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Oh please.  Michael Jackson went on trial for molesting kids and his legend status is intact.  Let's not get crazy here.

I’m not so sure. I won’t play his music anymore because of this. I know a bunch of others who won’t too. He’s on the blacklist for DJ,S I know who work in many bars and clubs, he’s been taken off retail playlists and those corporate CD’s business get sent from “store friendly music vendors” and radio don’t touch him anymore. Famous performers don’t reference him anymore ok either their sound style or videos. He’s being erased and the further we go down the line even some of his record breaking will be smashed. We’ve just seen it with Madonna & Drake. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I’m not so sure. I won’t play his music anymore because of this. I know a bunch of others who won’t too. He’s on the blacklist for DJ,S I know who work in many bars and clubs, he’s been taken off retail playlists and those corporate CD’s business get sent from “store friendly music vendors” and radio don’t touch him anymore. Famous performers don’t reference him anymore ok either their sound style or videos. He’s being erased and the further we go down the line even some of his record breaking will be smashed. We’ve just seen it with Madonna & Drake. 

Well here in France Micheal is still played a lot on radios and in bars and clubs and every dj still play his music. As a resident dj in a bar myself i still play his songs and the crowd still go crazy as soon as they the first notes of "Billie jean"...

• Fighter locked and unfeatured this topic