Rumor: Madonna Left Interscope?

Shoful

We don’t need greatest hits anymore not seeing as anyone can burn a cd or make lavish artwork and most times it’s better than what any record company could come up with - most of her singles we have in lossless format too so it’s not like Warner’s are ever going to give us something we don’t have ( except of course unreleased demos ) 

51 minutes ago, steady75 said:

more people will buy a greatest hits than an anniversary boxset of her studio albums thats for sure. 

Especially Madonnas demographic.

Why would anyone buy a greatest hits album over a box set of a studio album that will contain unreleased songs ??? Which would be the only point in her releasing a studio album box set anyway 

59 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Why would anyone buy a greatest hits album over a box set of a studio album that will contain unreleased songs ??? Which would be the only point in her releasing a studio album box set anyway 

We're talking about the locals hen. The Karens, Darrens, Sharons and Aarons of the world. They're the ones who shift copies off the supermarket shelves and generate the bulk of the income. She's still not a streaming force and the GP love a familiar collection.

Brenda from accounts doesn't want to listen to "Supernatural" (87 demo version) and "Act Of Contrition" (2020 remix feat Siri). They want the bopps & bangers for Friday pre drinks and the ballads & bawlers to nurse their Echo Falls Rose hangover.

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

We don’t need greatest hits anymore not seeing as anyone can burn a cd or make lavish artwork and most times it’s better than what any record company could come up with - most of her singles we have in lossless format too so it’s not like Warner’s are ever going to give us something we don’t have ( except of course unreleased demos ) 

It's a bit like saying we don't need Blond Ambition on DVD cause there are half a dozen shows we've already got. I think Madonna's career deserves a proper greatest hits retrospective that would truly do justice to her work. :)

14 minutes ago, kesiak said:

It's a bit like saying we don't need Blond Ambition on DVD cause there are half a dozen shows we've already got. I think Madonna's career deserves a proper greatest hits retrospective that would truly do justice to her work. :)

"Proper" in remastering for sure, but I don't know? A compilation of her songs especially as a GH's, seems pointless in this time since anyone can easily organize a version for themselves. Fans do it anyway. We've seen countless topics where fans will adjust the current GH's to fit their idea for a proper GH's. I would think a career spanning box set would be best which includes a lot of rarities that can't be found anywhere else. Not sure if that is possible since most of her demos have leaked? Though, we know there are some 80's demos still in the vaults. I think remastering and releasing Virgin Tour, Blond Ambition and The Re-invention Tour on DVD would be a nice addition to the box set as well.

Only other idea I think that would may interest the general public is re-worked versions of classics. Maybe like an acoustic compilation of some of her biggest hits, including a few news songs.

Re-releasing remastered versions of all her albums should be done as well.

I personally don't care about Greatest Hits, but if there are new editions with bonus songs:

Madonna

• Warning Signs
  • Everybody (Confessions 2005 Remix)

Like A Virgin

• Desperately Seeking Susan
  • Material Girl (Stuart Price Version)
  • Over And Over (Tracy Young Remix)

True Blue

• Tell Me
  • I Want You
  • La Isla Bonita (Diplo Version)

Like A Prayer

• Possessive Love
  • Love Attack
  • Just A Dream

Erotica

• Love Hearts
  • Shame
  • You Thrill Me

Bedtime Stories

• Bring It
  • Goodtime
  • Right On Time
  • Bedtime Story (Orbital Instrumental Version)

Ray Of Light

• Regresando
  • Revenge
  • Like A Flower
  • Ray Of Light (Richie Santana Remix)

Music

• Alone Again
  • Music (Never Young Again Demo)
  • Don't Tell Me (DJ Premier Remix)

American Life

• React
  • Can't You See My Mind
  • Hollywood (Blow-up Remix)
  • Love Profusion (Good And Evil Mix)

Confessions On A Dancefloor

• Keep The Trance
  • Triggering
  • Get Together (Peter Rauhofer Remix)
  • Jump (Peter Rauhofer Remix)

Hard Candy

• Across The Sky
  • Animal
  • Dance 2night (Peter Rauhofer Remix)
  • Spanish Lesson (Peter Rauhofer Remix)

30 minutes ago, Ass Crack Bandit said:

Do you know any necromancers? Coz the only way you'd get a Rauhofer mix of Jump is to reanimate his corpse.

I think he'd come back if Madonna asked to be fair. I would.

..and I love the ideas people have been posting but they are for die hard fans. The casuals want to hits and its the casuals that put money in the bank and shift units. A new Madonna Greatest Hist compilation would sell more than Madame X did I'm sure...and if that funds more original material from M...I'm on board.

52 minutes ago, steady75 said:

..and I love the ideas people have been posting but they are for die hard fans. The casuals want to hits and its the casuals that put money in the bank and shift units. A new Madonna Greatest Hist compilation would sell more than Madame X did I'm sure...and if that funds more original material from M...I'm on board.

Would it? I know fans take issue with Celebration, but if we were to be honest, the casuals and general public don't pay much mind to the technical flaws as fans do. That collection had all the essential hits and more. I agree that it wasn't perfect, but it did not shift many units or put a lot of money in the bank.

I do agree that attention to her back catalog is needed big time.  But another GH will only add the newer songs after 2009 (which aren't really "hits"). Most of the classics are out there in the current GH's or can easily be organize to their personal liking. 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

Rauhofer is dead.

welp... celebration was a classic disasters. alot of the songs were altered, and possibly copied and pasted/or awfully edited like Erotica was. 

GHV2 was a missed Opportunity honestly. i would have just ordered or created a playlist with the songs. A possible Non-stop version could have been made by thunderpuss or warner would have re-edited or remastered the songs just like shep did with IC.

Yet when the worst album comes along, the tour is twice as better.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:19 AM, Enrico said:

I think the best option for a "Interscope greatest hits" is to have a collection of remixes, celebrating her records in the Billboard Dance Chart. Maybe a video collection too.

4K remasters of her music videos and tours they oversaw, the latter being made available on streaming services like Netflix, plus some unreleased songs. That would be a hell of a lot more useful than complication albums that literally no one needs since the entire discography is on streaming services.

I’d also love to see re-releases of vinyls in those premium made color vinyls and special editions. Those would be a dream. MDNA is already out of stock and going for as high as $200 and those who didn’t get it would love to have those instead of paying scalpers.

2 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I’d also love to see re-releases of vinyls in those premium made color vinyls and special editions. Those would be a dream. MDNA is already out of stock and going for as high as $200 and those who didn’t get it would love to have those instead of paying scalpers.

As I would like Madonna to do as Depeche Mode, they are relaunching 'Boxset' with all their 'Singles' 12''

Guest DeeperDeeper
9 hours ago, L*ckySt*r said:

I do agree that attention to her back catalog is needed big time.  

She needs to release ALL her remixes - or put them on streaming sites and Itunes. 

A collectors box set of all her albums, including her Interscope years is another idea. 

I would have liked to have seen a special commemorative re-release of the Immaculate Collection and the Royal Box for it's 30th Anniversary. 

13 hours ago, Ass Crack Bandit said:

Do you know any necromancers? Coz the only way you'd get a Rauhofer mix of Jump is to reanimate his corpse.

Wasn't it mentioned on his webiste that he had remixed Jump?

Thought I had seen it years ago

17 hours ago, L*ckySt*r said:

Would it? I know fans take issue with Celebration, but if we were to be honest, the casuals and general public don't pay much mind to the technical flaws as fans do. That collection had all the essential hits and more. I agree that it wasn't perfect, but it did not shift many units or put a lot of money in the bank.

I do agree that attention to her back catalog is needed big time.  But another GH will only add the newer songs after 2009 (which aren't really "hits"). Most of the classics are out there in the current GH's or can easily be organize to their personal liking. 

"Celebration" went gold or platinum pretty much all over the world. Kylie's recent greatest hits compilation released last summer has already been certified gold in UK, despite being her - oh I don't know - 12th "best of" package? These sets clearly sell. The problem with all of the existing Madonna compilations is that none of them is truly comprehensive. Even The Immaculate Collection wasn't - it takes some balls and a truly extraordinary catalogue of songs to be able to not only release a greatest hits set 8 years into one's career but do so omitting several Top 5 hits as well as a couple of #1s. She's now had 63 Top 10 singles in UK and 38 in US and there isn't a single unified release that would honour that. There are so many great songs that were big hits but have been forgotten over time and that deserve being re-introduced to a broader audience (for example Angel, Causing a Commotion, This Used to Be..., I'll Remember).

With all this talk among Madonna's fans about her not respecting her legacy, I find it strange there would be so much opposition to a new greatest hits package. Of course we, the fans, can compile whatever the hell we want and with whichever edit/remix we like. We're are also the ones who will most likely buy any of her re-released/re-mastered albums. A comprehensive "best of" compilation would be a great way to bring general public's attention back to Madonna's music and re-introduce her amazing catalogue. :)

23 hours ago, steady75 said:

We're talking about the locals hen. The Karens, Darrens, Sharons and Aarons of the world. They're the ones who shift copies off the supermarket shelves and generate the bulk of the income. She's still not a streaming force and the GP love a familiar collection.

Brenda from accounts doesn't want to listen to "Supernatural" (87 demo version) and "Act Of Contrition" (2020 remix feat Siri). They want the bopps & bangers for Friday pre drinks and the ballads & bawlers to nurse their Echo Falls Rose hangover.

?

5 hours ago, kesiak said:

"Celebration" went gold or platinum pretty much all over the world. Kylie's recent greatest hits compilation released last summer has already been certified gold in UK, despite being her - oh I don't know - 12th "best of" package? These sets clearly sell. The problem with all of the existing Madonna compilations is that none of them is truly comprehensive. Even The Immaculate Collection wasn't - it takes some balls and a truly extraordinary catalogue of songs to be able to not only release a greatest hits set 8 years into one's career but do so omitting several Top 5 hits as well as a couple of #1s. She's now had 63 Top 10 singles in UK and 38 in US and there isn't a single unified release that would honour that. There are so many great songs that were big hits but have been forgotten over time and that deserve being re-introduced to a broader audience (for example Angel, Causing a Commotion, This Used to Be..., I'll Remember).

With all this talk among Madonna's fans about her not respecting her legacy, I find it strange there would be so much opposition to a new greatest hits package. Of course we, the fans, can compile whatever the hell we want and with whichever edit/remix we like. We're are also the ones who will most likely buy any of her re-released/re-mastered albums. A comprehensive "best of" compilation would be a great way to bring general public's attention back to Madonna's music and re-introduce her amazing catalogue. :)

I'm not opposed to a GH's, I just am not sure it will sell well these days. Some of the songs omitted from Celebration, like I'll Remember and This Used to Be My Playground, I got the impression that Madonna prefer keep it exclusive to STR collection. But you are right, not all her top 5 songs were included in the latest, but the most popular ones to the general public pretty much were.

• Fighter locked and unfeatured this topic