Jump to content

Rumor: Madonna Left Interscope?


Shoful
 Share

Recommended Posts

I agree that alot of people were really glad she left Warner back in the day. But that was before we knew how bad things would get with Interscope. While the material has been great ( I LOVE Rebel Heart and Madame X), the lack of promo, distribution, singles has affected her musical legacy and presence in the public consciousness (Warner would have made Rebel Heart and God Control proper singles).

And if going back to Warner means all this will improve and we may start to see expanded editions of her previous albums and unreleased material seeing the light of day, then I'm all for it.

The recent release of her older maxis on digital platforms (Human Nature, Vogue) might be an indicator of things to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

It really can't be a coincidence that they've randomly uploaded a trailer for an old film which opens with cartoon Madonna emerging from the WB logo.

That’s what I’m thinking. Really hope she’s back!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

It really can't be a coincidence that they've randomly uploaded a trailer for an old film which opens with cartoon Madonna emerging from the WB logo.

 

22 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

That’s what I’m thinking. Really hope she’s back!

This can’t possibly mean anything else!? Too many rumors surrounding today it HAS to be true!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

It really can't be a coincidence that they've randomly uploaded a trailer for an old film which opens with cartoon Madonna emerging from the WB logo.

Today's the anniversary of the release of the movie. So I'm sure it was purely a coincidence.

I do wonder though if she and Warner have been planning something for sometime now?  Maybe something is in the works for Immaculate Collection 30th Anniversary later this year? One could hope? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 minutes ago, L*ckySt*r said:

Today's the anniversary of the release of the movie. So I'm sure it was purely a coincidence.

It still seems pretty random though because it’s the 33rd anniversary which isn’t really anything special? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nobody Knows Me said:

It still seems pretty random though because it’s the 33rd anniversary which isn’t really anything special? 

Not really since her Youtube account has been pretty regular in uploading things on the anniversary of releases lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Warner have also included a picture of her on their Twitter wallpaper that’s full of all the artists they’ve signed. Don’t know if she’s always been there but the picture was taken long after she left Warner.

52A7D5D6-E947-4164-9D6C-612CD4E72403.jpeg

On the FB page, this image is from April of this year ... I think we had not noticed this.

 

image.thumb.png.45ecee244a16ed8609855c4170fff89a.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Nobody Knows Me
10 minutes ago, PanditaRulez said:

On the FB page, this image is from April of this year ... I think we had not noticed this.

 

image.thumb.png.45ecee244a16ed8609855c4170fff89a.png

The fact that they updated it four months ago could suggest she’s signed again but I don’t know.

If she has signed to Warner then I wonder if the contract includes control over her masters and future re-issues. Didn’t they do something like that for Prince?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As things have gone pretty wrong in the past few years, any change is good for me.

Live Nation is just a big machine for money and tours. Warner too, but at least with a great tradition in making records, they might have learned their mistakes and be ready to give M the attention she deserves.

Just to give an example: My record shop used to give me Madonna promo posters and cardboards produced for the release of a new album for free, they haven't received any since she went to Universal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Enrico said:

As things have gone pretty wrong in the past few years, any change is good for me.

Live Nation is just a big machine for money and tours. Warner too, but at least with a great tradition in making records, they might have learned their mistakes and be ready to give M the attention she deserves.

Just to give an example: My record shop used to give me Madonna promo posters and cardboards produced for the release of a new album for free, they haven't received any since she went to Universal.

My thoughts exactly! 
 

Interscope did not give a rats ass about her. As a user stated above, she is their oldest artist.... They haven’t properly promoted any of her albums since she signed with them. I believe if she rejoins with Warner, we’ll start to get promo tours again and proper promotion. The last big promo tour she went on was for Hard Candy! MDNA legit had no performances/exposure besides the Super Bowl. Rebel Heart was the most promo heavy out of the Interscope decade and even that was kinda lackluster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Fighter featured this topic
  • Fighter locked and unfeatured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...