Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

11 hours ago, deathproof said:

Once on This Island is NOT a new musical. It’s been around for awhile. They would basically be following a manuscript to put that together.

If M is working on a musical, it’s completely new. Think about that.

I didn't say that the musical is new, I said that the upcoming live-action movie adaptation of the musical is new. Obviously Madonna is working on something new, but at the moment all we can do is speculate. A fictional biopic based upon her first successes seems obvious. A pure jukebox musical like Mamma Mia with a completely fictional plot is probably unlikely.

In 2016 Blond Ambition by Elyse Hollander topped the so-called Black List of favourite scripts voted on by Hollywood film executives. Now that was something I was really excited about. Unfortunately Madonna said that this planned film of her life was "all lies". I understand Madonna would want to be in full control of everything and therefore decide to write a screenplay about her life herself. But wanting to be in charge of everything can also be a blind spot leading to Madonna giving us her version of events, while a screenplay or script written by someone else could be more objective. I really want this to work for her, I'm just afraid ego will prevail over truthfulness.

On 8/8/2020 at 3:23 PM, Enrico said:

The Spice Girls musical Viva Forever was terrible! :laughing:

(Not as terrible as Desperately seeking Susan though)

But the Spice songs were strong and everybody in the royal circle was dancing and having fun!

But it was embarassingly badly written. Note that in 2009 I wrote a musical for my high school on the same subject - two girls who are best friends and go to Hollywood in search of fortune and fame - made with Nadonna songs, called Jump.

The problem with the Cher Show is that it's hard to have a single actress do Cher and sing almost all her numbers, so they created three Chers and this doesn't always work imo although Stephanie Block was awesome:

Alanis' songs are very deep and always tell a story, so they are good for a musical, but it was gard to wrap a story around all of them. There are good numbers though. The main character, Mary Jane, had an accident and is addicted to painkillers. Her husband sings to her "Mary Jane". One of the best moment is when MJ takes drugs and relives her day backwards, singing one of the new songs, "Smiling":

I'm afraid you're right Enrico, it's gotta be something like this, about her story (almost sure) or not. Unfortunately all these projects lack every kind of  interest for me, they're so clearly aimed to get some money from old stars back catalogues that I hardly find anything really creative or inspiring in them. Maybe just Mama Mia had some originality, but it was one of the firsts of their kind. 

She should just WRITE A BOOK, a real book for once, about her life (and selling it with a reasoned collection of songs, not just hits but the most honest ones , like Promise to try, Till death do us part, In this life, Drowned world, Joan of Arc and a few new tracks, at most). I'm sure there would be much more people curious to read a book than to go to the movies to watch her story filmed for an aspiring blockbuster, not in this moment of her career. She's got to find a way to be back to a real level of audience appreciation before trying something like this imo.

Extra happy about her being back to Warner and highly longing to see how they'll manage her next real musical project, I was always sure that Rebel Heart and Madame X would have been much more refined and succesful with the right, critic management to guide her, so that's the real news for me at the moment :Madonna019:

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Me when they cast.....

LOLA as Madonna in the biopic

6A2FB384-0C92-44F9-8289-22597771D40A.gif

.. when all her acting training comes around to this full circle moment. 

As cool as that would be for the film I bet it’s the last thing Lola would want to do. It’s bad enough being in Madonna’s shadow as it is let alone playing her in a movie....

Honestly

My only choice.

Great actress too and if she nails the accent and attitude she'd be utterly perfect. She might need to train a bit to get the physicality right but for early Madonna and True Blue onward Madonna she's spot on. If you're going to emulate peak sexy symbol Madonna of the Virgin era she'd need to be padded to look curvier. The actress needs to be smoking hot during this era. The sex symbol part of Madonna is pivitol to her star power. Without it the business and performance element to her 80's incarnation isn't as powerful. Her aggressive sexual agency is part of her power and energy. Also the fact that her biggest role so far is in Stranger Things, the era of Madonnas peak powers and rise to fame feels serendipitous. 

madona.png16718550-0-image-a-84_1564576096803.jpgy.natalia-dyer-841514_828x1104.png

natalia-dyer-005.jpg?crop=0px,188px,1066

30dba6ad5e47f7103d3645411d096529.jpg

Heaton-Dyer-Portrait.jpg?resize=768,974&

3v4hiKtyVPQm80lBdAoP6oxVserkERRVhh2EMhbg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa0YRmtfVvxrR7-hbTgiG

b61553f0780ee2677423284aac4b8df0.jpg

Ok changed my mind...there is nobody that is going to top Madonna herself so why not have ten hour long stories ranging from fans, dancers and partners in all different periods of her life and use real live footage from award shows to live tour footage. Just an idea

I wonder if she will make this very political. Im sure she will. 

You could almost see it being called Blond Ambition but the story line follows both her and Trump through the late 70's early 80's. Both Blonde, Both ambitious, both came up through a similar time. One a force for good, another a force for dark. Also how machismo and feminism clash in an era where power business woman and capitalism were front and centre. I can imagine this flashing back to present day in some way. 

If you think Madonna is gonna use this opportunity to play nice I think were probably very wrong.

On 8/9/2020 at 3:12 AM, Blue Prince said:

She must hire either Paris Jackson or the one who acted in the Madonna and the Breakfast Club movie to play her. Wonder if she will act as her older self. Does that make it a documentary lol?

Oh god no. nicki5.png She needs to stay away from this toxic family, her father and aunt were rude for no reason to Madonna. Disliking and hating queens of pop is in Jackson's DNA i fear, keep her away from them, she deserves better. nicki5.png

1 hour ago, Régine Filange said:

Oh god no. nicki5.png She needs to stay away from this toxic family, her father and aunt were rude for no reason to Madonna. Disliking and hating queens of pop is in Jackson's DNA i fear, keep her away from them, she deserves better. nicki5.png

Not to mention Paris Jackson doesn’t have any experience in acting. You need a talented actress with some prior experience to play such a complex character as Madonna. 

5 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I think Julia Garner could be a good choice. She certainly looks a little like her and she’s a qualified actress.

I had to look her up. She's in Ozark. I never thought about it before you mentioned it, but she does have some features that remind me of Madonna. Though, I am not sure she would be good. Her voice is bit grating to be Madonna. She also has this permanent "bitch" face.  We need someone a bit more softer around the edges who can go into Madonna mode. It's probably best to go with someone unknown. Someone like Melissa George. Obviously, she's too old but someone like her.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, L*ckySt*r said:

I had to look her up. She's in Ozark. I never thought about it before you mentioned it, but she does have some features that remind me of Madonna. Though, I am not sure she would be good. Her voice is bit grating to be Madonna. She also has this permanent "bitch" face.  We need someone a bit more softer around the edges who can go into Madonna mode. It's probably best to go with someone unknown. Someone like Melissa George. Obviously, she's too old but someone like her.

I’m happy with them casting someone unknown. I’d prefer them casting someone unknown if it means them conveying a more convincing portrayal of Madonna.

4 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’m happy with them casting someone unknown. I’d prefer them casting someone unknown if it means them conveying a more convincing portrayal of Madonna.

Unless it's someone fairly new, I'd stick with someone unknown. I thought Rami Malek was a great choice to play Freddy Mercury. We need someone who will consume Madonna's persona like he did with portraying Freddy. We have to be careful no one comes off like a parody of her. 

Guys all those girls you mention are cute but damn, none of them have the spicy italian features. You seem to see Madonna as a nice white american girl. She's not Britney Spears, she's Madonna Ciccone, daughter from Sylvio and Madonna Ciccone, italian immigrants. She's not called Kelly Johnson or Stacy Smith...

This who she is when does not hides from the sun and when she doesn't bleach her hair :

DdygWuNVMAEv1GX.thumb.jpg.ceda6136a979107ec28df012856c85d3.jpg

DH62yGpXUAAmk48.thumb.jpg.207fae3f1e90336a9fd362fc87b9b239.jpg

And this is what makes her so beautiful and why you and me find her so stunning, because no matter how white she makes her skin look and how platinium she makes her hair, she has those dark italian features in her face and that mix makes her so stunning. 

The actress MUST have some italian, Porto Rican, Brasilan or else roots ! She must have that force in her face, in her brows, in her eyes. Lola for example could fit the role physically.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic