Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

I immediately thought that Alex Keshishian should direct, or at least have an advisory role behind the scenes. 
Personally, I think M should produce the film and really focus on the music they’ll be using and recreating the performances. If the ridiculous 8 figure deal with Warner is even remotely true, I can see her meticulously using their budget to get the soundtrack right, most likely re-recording or rethinking the songs for cinematic quality. 

I think career wise, M has been in this conundrum of embracing her past while pushing forward as an artist. If she’s feeling it and follows through with production, it’s a no brainer to predict it being a hit. The general public may not be hanging on her words, but if nothing else, they’ll watch it to make they’re “final judgement” on whether they like Madonna or not. She’ll make sure they realize she never left them. Lol. 
Also... it’s been pretty obvious since E/Sex/BoE  when M is popular and universally well-received, it’s usually when she’s user-friendly and/or somewhat repenting or rebalancing her previous controversy or difficult era. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
On 8/13/2020 at 6:21 AM, Shoful said:

Same! I hope she covers the Erotica era too! I wanna see the craze that I missed during that time ?

You'll never be able to re-create the International hysteria and mayhem when Madonna SEX and Erotica were released. 

It was massive and the reaction was literally love or hate. 

I remember the radio was playing in one of my high school classes the day SEX was released and we were listening to women call up and one after another call M a 'slut' 'tart' 'whore' 'immoral bitch' etc... The slut shaming from women over SEX was astounding. 

Edited by DeeperDeeper (see edit history)

April, 23
May 18, 1980
Oct. 1, 1981 - Uncle Sams
August 9, 1987 - Birthday
May, 13 1971 - Mother's Day
September 24, 1979 - Monday
August 16 - Back to NYC
October, 9, 1981 - Plane to ????
April 1978 - 19 years old
July 1978 -> April 1979
May 1979 -> November 1979
June 1979 -> August 26, 1979 - 20 yo - 21 yo
Feb 1982 - GBGB Monday Feb. 28 5PM
April 11 1982
Jan 1980 -> July/August 1980
July - Sept 1983 - Lyrics
Sept 3 - 1982
Lyrics and a few pages on London
Poems
Live Or Die - Anne Sexton
Text Writing - Can't talk

One of the notes say
"Together, Forever and Ever rhyme easily. Note to self: Use it when you don't know what else to write" :Madonna006:

4 minutes ago, reinvented_0 said:

April, 23
May 18, 1980
August 16 - Back to NYC
July 1978 -> April 1979
April 11 1982
Sept 3 - 1982
Poems

One of the notes say
"Together, Forever and Ever rhyme easily. Note to self: Use it when you don't know what else to write" :Madonna006:

"Are we together? I love you forever." - Beautiful Killer, 2012 :04:

28 minutes ago, Ayham said:

She wrote screenplay in stories?!?! ?

Screenplay, studio, songs lyrics on the table... hmmm seems more and more like it's a musical...  by the way, why does she need those lyrics books ? I guess it must be unused lyrics right ? If ot was the lyrics from her released songs she can find them anywhere on the web... a musical with her unreleased tracks ? 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 8/13/2020 at 8:41 PM, tseletheone said:

Untitled-1.jpg.e2aa6eee4e40386c08c653212930a6de.jpg

I spot in left corner '1981 Uncle Sams'! :scary:

It seems to say October 19 1981 as well, and look what she was up to on that day...

CB818543-C156-4453-A535-6DB98106E886.jpeg

18 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Screenplay, studio, songs lyrics on the table... hmmm seems more and more like it's a musical...  by the way, why does she need those lyrics books ? I guess it must be unused lyrics right ? If ot was the lyrics from her released songs she can find them anywhere on the web... a musical with her unreleased tracks ? 

Definitely a musical! ? time will tell! ????

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

New post. Why did she wrote as caption "back in stu...". In studio ? New music ? 

I just looked it up and there’s a song called “Gang Gang” by Travis Scott that says “back in the stu, how can I lose?” and she keeps saying gang gang so she’s probably referring to that.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:41 AM, reinvented_0 said:

April, 23
May 18, 1980
August 16 - Back to NYC
July 1978 -> April 1979
April 11 1982
Sept 3 - 1982
Poems

One of the notes say

Probably when she performed at CBGB's in NY.

I quite like "Promise To Try" for a film title. It's kind of her entire ethos since her mother died. Not to kiss her mom goodbye in the song but to try at life. 

With everything Madame X geared toward, honing in on her mother, I think the running theme of the film will her mom. How she thinks of her in her greatest and saddest moments and why it's lit a fire under her ass to make her time here count. Eltons film was very much to do with his relationship with his father and the sadness that bought him. The younger self and how that manifest in out grown character.

Saving Mr Banks is another brilliant example of this. Maybe Madonna will play her own mother in the film lol.

You just know when Madonna gets to the other side the first things she's gonna do is ask her mom "did I do ok mom"?"

and it kind of breaks my heart. Thats your emotional pull right there. That's your film. 

I feel like Blond Ambition is slightly too obvious...though a greatest hits called Blond Ambition would be a serve to be honest. Live To Tell is nice but I don't think it quite fits.

Express Yourself, Material Girl or just "Confessions" would work if we're going with a religious / the patriarchy angle. 

Maybe even Like A Prayer to be honest and the box set will tie in. 

• Fighter unfeatured this topic