Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

38 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Lourdes shouldn’t play her. That would make everyone laugh at the movie. 
Julia Garner seems like a good choice. 

Madonna is only half Italian. Her mother was French Canadian. 

Yes she's half Italian but it shows ! She can bleach her hair as much as she wants, stay ot of the sun as much as she wants to be the whitest possible, she has those italian features on her face, that is what make her so stunning in my opinion. Take a girl like, let's say Britney Spears and compare her to Madonna, Madonna has that extra spice in her face. The eyebrows, the look in her eyes, the bone structure of her face... all these are very italian and are no details when it comes to chosing an actress to play her.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I don’t see it. She’s beautiful but forgive me but her roman nose takes me out of the illusion..  she has too much of a valley girl energy and she just doesn’t have the huge eyes that sell Madonna. Great actress though but maybe they’re toying with ideas. 

Maybe she and Guy jump at anyone Jewish as well :silly:

1 minute ago, cake said:

the pre-fame story is the obvious choice, but must admit i'd love to see behind the scenes after she shot to incredible fame and her life become a public domain.

The problem with that is once someone becomes rich and famous they are less relatable to the average person. Also there are a lot of aspiring musicians and they like to see how someone goes from unknown to successful hoping they can pick up tips as to how to get their careers off the ground and give them hope and inspiration. 

Well actually the "iconic" period is somehow portrayed in Truth or Dare, and the maternal period in IMGTTYAS.

The making of Sex and Erotica doesn't really have a story to tell. It would be a documentary.

But the girl leaving Michigan, the family, auditioning, rape, the hunger, the NY scene, Basquiat, Keith Haring, the signing of the contract in the hospital: that is a story!

22 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Well actually the "iconic" period is somehow portrayed in Truth or Dare, and the maternal period in IMGTTYAS.

The making of Sex and Erotica doesn't really have a story to tell. It would be a documentary.

But the girl leaving Michigan, the family, auditioning, rape, the hunger, the NY scene, Basquiat, Keith Haring, the signing of the contract in the hospital: that is a story!

MV5BMzllZDA5ODEtMDk1NS00ZGVjLWI3NmItMTI4

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

A lot of things happen behind the curtain: her love life and family relationships, her physical endeavours, her health, her financial and corporate activities, and she has hardly said anything about all of it. Before she was on social media, she would be very protective of her private life. Remember how we discovered years later she had had an affair with Tupac.

I see something à la The Crown, with a different actress for each era of her life. 

2 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

I just can't see a Madonna biopic without Vogue on the ost. Maybe the movie will be about her whole life, idk.

It seems that most of the notes she revealed from her insta leads to her doing vogue then the blond ambition tour which IMO is prolly the best ending about a young Madonna biopic... that or doing the sex book but I prefer ending it with the tour that changed pop to as we know it now. Their breakthroughs are usually the highlights as they are mostly remembered for it , even if you’re not a Madonna fan. 

To cast an older Madonna (post bedtime stories/evita) in film is tough. There are not that many actresses who look like her in her late 30s to 50s especially with her thin facial features that’s edgy and narrow like men’s as they age (hence the fillers from my observation). However, I wouldn’t be surprised if a trans actress pulls this off sometime in the future.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic