Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Glindathegood said:

I think they should start it when she arrived in NYC in Times Square and end it when she wins a Grammy for Ray of Light. 

I really like this idea! I think that’s a perfect place for the film to end as well.

2 hours ago, Lucky90210 said:

So I've changed my mind about how I think this is going to go down.

I think the movie will start in Detroit. 

I don't think it will be framed by any one event like they did with Live Aid and Bohemian Rhapsody. 

End it with a mash up her Super Bowl Performance and her Billboard speech (Think Truth or Dare - color performance w /black and white speech)

They don't have to tell every story of her life or fact about her career if they choose to end it later in her career.

I Also think she will write a new song for the movie and that will be the title.

Fun!

2 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

I think they should start it when she arrived in NYC in Times Square and end it when she wins a Grammy for Ray of Light. They can do an update over the credits about her later career. 

I love these ideas!!! ???

3 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

I think they should start it when she arrived in NYC in Times Square and end it when she wins a Grammy for Ray of Light. They can do an update over the credits about her later career. 

If she was anyone else I would agree... However, I can't see her putting such importance on an award. 

I need to see her in Detroit so it gives the audience everything they need to know about why she HAD to leave.

Ending at ROL IMO would leave too much for the end credits to handle. I don't like when a movie relies on that at the end. Seems like a cheap fix. But if they did end at ROL that would be cool too. I'm just happy it's happening.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I just don’t think anything past Ray of Light makes for a really interesting film, honestly. And I don’t like the idea of Guy Ritchie being in it.

:Madonna038:

8 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I just don’t think anything past Ray of Light makes for a really interesting film, honestly. And I don’t like the idea of Guy Ritchie being in it.

:Madonna038:

Guy Ritchie is one of the best things that happened to her, men wise. Her years as miss Ritchie were top notch, her music was brilliant, she was a class act. She wasn't making a fool of herself or acting embarassing. She never looked or acted desperate between 1999 and 2007. She was praised and admired worldwide. Obviously, and despite what most of her fans believe, Guy had a positive influence on her. I believe he was the one who was able to tell her "No you're not gonna put those grills on your mouth you look ridiculous" or "that song sounds terrible, are you really gonna make such shitty music ?". Since she got divorced everything went downhill for her. 1999-2007, facts speak...

On 10/8/2020 at 7:38 PM, RUADJAI said:

If she was anyone else I would agree... However, I can't see her putting such importance on an award. 

I was going to suggest maybe having the birth of Lola being an endpoint to the film, but maybe that would suggest a bit of child favouritism... :Madonna034:

22 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Guy Ritchie is one of the best things that happened to her, men wise. Her years as miss Ritchie were top notch, her music was brilliant, she was a class act. She wasn't making a fool of herself or acting embarassing. She never looked or acted desperate between 1999 and 2007. She was praised and admired worldwide. Obviously, and despite what most of her fans believe, Guy had a positive influence on her. I believe he was the one who was able to tell her "No you're not gonna put those grills on your mouth you look ridiculous" or "that song sounds terrible, are you really gonna make such shitty music ?". Since she got divorced everything went downhill for her. 1999-2007, facts speak...

I’ve honestly never made that connection, but maybe you’re on to something!

Obviously her creative output was brilliant before Guy, and she’s always pushed people’s buttons, but it’s never occurred to me until reading your comment that the quality of her work seemed to lessen after the divorce.

I always just put it down to the change in record label! 

30 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

:Madonna034:

She doesn't need any men to be respected or praised or whatever. She made everything or her own. People need to let her grow old as she wants and stop trying to tell her how to act. She's just being herself, as usual.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

She was having to speak with a false British accent and was allegedly mocked and called a granny by her own husband. Perhaps factors like that affect how she sees herself now. Artistically, yes, the Ritchie years were great, but she’s made it clear that they personally were not the happiest years of her life. He’s a nasty man and, according to Christopher Ciccone, a homophobe. He doesn’t deserve screen time in the film in my opinion. 

12 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

She wasn't making a fool of herself or acting embarassing. She never looked or acted desperate between 1999 and 2007. She was praised and admired worldwide.

in all honesty that only kind of applies to the first four years of their mariage, AL (I adore that album btw) put a stop to that, Madonna was hated and boycotted in America worse than the sex/erotica backlash, her attempt to tone down her persona by taking on a lady of the manor look plus faux English accent and writing children's books (badly) was a very desperate move and look in my opinion and she was ridiculed for it. Confessions was an ok return to form and did regain some of her cred, which she lost immediately with Hard Candy, so no I wouldn't say she was praised and admired universally and never looked like a fool. The thing is Madonna is always walking the line between admiration and mockery, which is a thrilling thing, at least in my opinion, I just don't think that Guy had that much of an influence on her artistic choices. Also all her acting in that period says hello, at least that would be the part you hope Guy could have an effect on...

13 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Guy Ritchie is one of the best things that happened to her, men wise.

She looked gorgeous during this era, she was respected (everywhere else than in the US) and her albums are great but he destroyed something in her. He is far away from the best thing that could happen to her in fine

Guy Richie has always been a huge mystery to me as a fan. I usually don't care much about her personal life as I try to focus on her work, but it's impossible to not see how much of a deviation he was in hindsight.

Here's a girl who's always been with latin & black men (Basquiat, Tupac, Dennis Rodman, Carlos Léon, Brahim, Ahlamalik) and bad boy types (Tony Ward, Sean Penn, Jesus Luz). Basically, artistic (outcast) men who deviated from the norm, from the types of men blond white women in her position usually dated. And she's always seemed happy over the years, even though the relationships themselves didn't last much. But hey, she's free-spirited.

AND then, all of a sudden... Guy Ritchie. A white rich male on top of the world, born and raised in a first world country like Britain where men from his generation are still misogynistic and homophobic (two things that really are so out of the Madonna sphere) and whose main hobby is "going to pubs". Not only does she marry him, she bears him a child AND becomes a british housewife with a fake accent writing children's books and wearing flower dresses. A complete 180º change.

To this day I don't know why she fell for him, I don't know what happened between them, I don't know if she wanted more stability after Lola was born, I don't know the effect he caused on her to provoke such a change in her. But the truth is, like the fan before me said, he changed/destroyed something in her. Even the divorce was way more difficult and harder than the one with Sean Penn was - and Sean apparently even beat her! Something has always seemed so off that she was STILL talking about the divorce 4 years later in the MDNA album. In Rebel Heart, the whole Rocco thing choosing his father made her visibly upset for the first time on a tour. 

I believe, to this day, that so much more happened between them in closed doors than just him calling her a granny, the homophobia towards Chris, etc. I honestly think that over the years he was so forceful of old-fashioned, the-man-is-in-charge status-quos upon her that she, maybe out of love?, went along and lost a bit of her strength in the process. He reads to me like so many men I see here in Portugal actually, who during years and years emotionally manipulate women to slowly lose their confidence and become almost dependent on them.

I also think the quality of her work lessened after the divorce due to various factors like her age, the change of record label, the rise of the streaming era, changes in the musical industry, etc - not just the divorce.

Sorry for the dissertation. haha

Edited by Dito (see edit history)

44 minutes ago, Dito said:

Guy Richie has always been a huge mystery to me as a fan. I usually don't care much about her personal life as I try to focus on her work, but it's impossible to not see how much of a deviation he was in hindsight.

Here's a girl who's always been with latin & black men (Basquiat, Tupac, Dennis Rodman, Carlos Léon, Brahim, Ahlamalik) and bad boy types (Tony Ward, Sean Penn, Jesus Luz). Basically, artistic (outcast) men who deviated from the norm, from the types of men blond white women in her position usually dated. And she's always seemed happy over the years, even though the relationships themselves didn't last much. But hey, she's free-spirited.

AND then, all of a sudden... Guy Ritchie. A white rich male on top of the world, born and raised in a first world country like Britain where men from his generation are still misogynistic and homophobic (two things that really are so out of the Madonna sphere) and whose main hobby is "going to pubs". Not only does she marry him, she bears him a child AND becomes a british housewife with a fake accent writing children's books and wearing flower dresses. A complete 180º change.

To this day I don't know why she fell for him, I don't know what happened between them, I don't know if she wanted more stability after Lola was born, I don't know the effect he caused on her to provoke such a change in her.

She had sex and fun with the latin and black boys but she married the white guys, Sean & Guy. 

Fans can say what they want but i won't change my opinion that Guy Ritchie had a good influence on her and was real down to earth guy. Look at them now, she's a 62yo woman wearing grills with a fake butt dating a 25yo always high on weed guy and he's married to a movely wife and has a beautiful life and family, even Rocco chose to live with them. I can be a fan as much as possible i will never lose my sense of reality and i totally understand why a teenager/young guy decide to live with Guy instead of the circus that is his mother's life. 

43 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I think the children's books were more a Kabbalah product than Ritchie-inspired.

Also, Hard Candy is not a "divorce album", that is why she still talks about it in MDNA. They divorced at the end of 2008, the album was out in April, I remember Guy saying his favourite line was "sex with you is incredible".

Hard Candy was the prelude, though. Songs like Miles Away, for instance... there was rumours even She's Not Me was about other women. Even Incredible has some ambiguous bittersweet lyrics.

43 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

If you watch his movies Guy does fit into the “bad boy” type. 

But in real life he doesn't seem much like it, really. Starting from what we see on IGTTYAS to the tabloids over the years. He seems like a typical british guy, and even though he's a movie director he doesn't even seem that much... artistic. I don't know if I'm making my point accross.

19 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

She had sex and fun with the latin and black boys but she married the white guys, Sean & Guy. 

I didn't want to say this LOL but yes, it's true.

15 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Fans can say what they want but i won't change my opinion that Guy Ritchie had a good influence on her and was real down to earth guy. Look at them now, she's a 62yo woman wearing grills with a fake butt dating a 25yo always high on weed guy and he's married to a movely wife and has a beautiful life and family, even Rocco chose to live with them. I can be a fan as much as possible i will never lose my sense of reality and i totally understand why a teenager/young guy decide to live with Guy instead of the circus that is his mother's life. 

I can see your point but I think there's some things you're missing: Guy married a younger woman (he was actually 10 years younger than Madonna) who he can obviously be the man with. I mean, just look at the pictures, they're the perfect white rich hetero-normative couple. Madonna was never going to be like that; how can someone who fought the patriarchy for so many years be like that in the end?...

Rocco grew up being influenced a lot by his father because a man like Guy wants a son to follow in his footsteps. Basically to mirror him. It was also his firstborn. Rocco even dresses smart like him in times when boys his age are wearing tracksuits... the favoritism was bound to happen.

Regarding the grills/fake butt/dating younger guys - hasn't that always been Madonna's pattern since day 1, though? Dating younger colored men, wearing  and doing whatever she wants? I don't like it either, but I think you're comparing her life to sexist, ageist standards that she's never followed - like Guy's current marriage. And how do we know for sure how much of her current behaviour wasn't, to an extent, influenced by the Ritchie years?...

And trust me, I also have a sense of reality because I grew up with a father like I perceive Guy to be. That's why their whole marriage has always seemed so off to me. And coincidentally enough, my firstborn brother is exactly like Rocco, a copy of my father and emotionally unattached to my mother...

Edited by Dito (see edit history)

18 hours ago, ludowillo said:

I was going to suggest maybe having the birth of Lola being an endpoint to the film, but maybe that would suggest a bit of child favouritism... :Madonna034:

I’ve honestly never made that connection, but maybe you’re on to something!

Obviously her creative output was brilliant before Guy, and she’s always pushed people’s buttons, but it’s never occurred to me until reading your comment that the quality of her work seemed to lessen after the divorce.

I always just put it down to the change in record label! 

I don't think it has anything to do with Guy Ritchie, it seems like a result of a change in strategy where she decided to focus more on touring and less on being creative. So the Live Nation deal in 2007 is the reason for artistic downfall if you ask me. Luckily she came back with Madame X ?♥️

On 10/8/2020 at 4:49 PM, Glindathegood said:

I completely agree. Although i think i heard her say the Britney kiss will be in it. during one of her instagram videos with Diablo

Has anyone seen the little actress called Izzy G who plays AJ in AJ and the Queen, with RuPaul? If Madonna starts her movie from when she was a child, this girl HAS to be cast as her. She's so much like her - looks, attitude, voice. 

MV5BN2JlN2E3MzktNTk0NS00NTRlLTk2YTEtZmM1

36 minutes ago, Ian Pollitt said:

Has anyone seen the little actress called Izzy G who plays AJ in AJ and the Queen, with RuPaul? If Madonna starts her movie from when she was a child, this girl HAS to be cast as her. She's so much like her - looks, attitude, voice. 

MV5BN2JlN2E3MzktNTk0NS00NTRlLTk2YTEtZmM1

From that picture she could indeed chose that girl ! 

20 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

When the Guy Ritchie era is brought up I’m reminded of Kurt Cobain’s famous saying, “It’s better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not. “

Yes, maybe she was more respected among the general public but she wasn’t being true to herself. 

6 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

When the Guy Ritchie era is brought up I’m reminded of Kurt Cobain’s famous saying, “It’s better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not. “

Yes, maybe she was more respected among the general public but she wasn’t being true to herself. 

You must know her personnally and very closely to to say when she is true to herself and when she's not.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
42 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

You must know her personnally and very closely to to say when she is true to herself and when she's not.

Well a girl from Detroit feeding chickens, going to the pub for some ale and putting on a British accent isn’t exactly true to herself :Madonna031:

She actually also mentioned the British era on the Madame X Tour saying she cringes looking back.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic