Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Synth-pop and new wave could be a good direction for the next album. Something she hasn’t delved into as much as other genres and something that’s keeping with modern trends but isn’t the exact same.

Guest DeeperDeeper
52 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Her first album isn’t synth pop or new wave. 

Synth pop and new wave is like Blondie, Human League, Depeche Mode 

I wasn't even referring to that. 

Madonna is a post-disco album. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
49 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I would be more than welcoming to a modernised take on that sound as well! 

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Yes but she has done disco inspired albums, so that would be repeating herself. 
I want her to do something that’s slightly different for her that she hasn’t done before but that’s not too out of her comfort zone that she can’t pull off credibly. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
13 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Yes but she has done disco inspired albums, so that would be repeating herself. 
I want her to do something that’s slightly different for her that she hasn’t done before but that’s not too out of her comfort zone that she can’t pull off credibly. 

Do you know what post-disco is? 

Do you know about the infamous Disco Demolition Night? 

On 9/24/2020 at 8:49 PM, Glindathegood said:

I think we need to be prepared for certain inaccuracies. It may not be geared just toward us hard core fans, but to entertain a more general audience. 
Rocketman and Bohemian Rhapsody were  well received by the general public, but hard core Elton and Queen fans complained incessantly online about all the inaccuracies. 
The point is to make a good movie, not a word for word, event for event documentary. 

Regardless of the inaccuracies (yes Rocketman show a sober Elton at a time when he was still charged), I only hope a large part devoted to her rise (NY, Basquiat, Keith, Martin B, AIDS...)  and especially to show how much she was / is involved in writing and producing her songs. General public thinks she is just here because of her scandals. I wish the film would definitly break this false image

I don't understand fans obsession with her early days. Everyone can be famous for 2 years, as we had examples or a lof of artists that lasted less than a decade. For me the wonderful thing of Madonna is that she was at the top of her game for 30 years (or MORE), surviving several backlashes, and 'flops', and at the same time being mother, wife, etc. That's what Madonna is, not only her life from the late 70's till the first album. Madonna is special because she's a survivor, not because she was dating producers and signed a contract  for Burning Up and Holiday. 

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

I don't understand fans obsession with her early days. Everyone can be famous for 2 years, as we had examples or a lof of artists that lasted less than a decade. For me the wonderful thing of Madonna is that she was at the top of her game for 30 years (or MORE), surviving several backlashes, and 'flops', and at the same time being mother, wife, etc. That's what Madonna is, not only her life from the late 70's till the first album. Madonna is special because she's a survivor, not because she was dating producers and signed a contract  for Burning Up and Holiday. 

I guess it's more than "an obsession". The Eras post the debut album developed under the spotlight, somehow documented , older / newer fans could have witnessed the surviving process. The pre-fame days are mostly obscure , no one have witnessed that process that lead to the surviving-mode from the stardom. Fans want mostly know and hear what's unknown and unheard before. It's an historical interest.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, Ulisaax640 said:

honestly, idk why she didn't just make a documentary of her everyday life, in the studio working on music.... coming home to her kids.... 

Because she’s already done that, and someone is going to make a movie about her life eventually so it may as well be her.

To me... I prefer a book like what Mariah Carey did... these kind of movies are really bad because choosing someone to play yourself in many eras is very hard + it will picture the person not accurate to the reality no matter what you do... even M herself won’t get her real story alive the way it was... a book will keep your imagination alive... that’s my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Ayham said:

To me... I prefer a book like what Mariah Carey did... these kind of movies are really bad because choosing someone to play yourself in many eras is very hard + it will picture the person not accurate to the reality no matter what you do... even M herself won’t get her real story alive the way it was... a book will keep your imagination alive... that’s my opinion. 

I think she could do both. Movies are very hard to get made because so many people are involved and they are so expensive. 
A book could come out sooner and would be easier to get published. Many more books are published each year. Plus people are reading more with the pandemic and not going to movie theatres. 

3 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I think she could do both. Movies are very hard to get made because so many people are involved and they are so expensive. 
A book could come out sooner and would be easier to get published. Many more books are published each year. Plus people are reading more with the pandemic and not going to movie theatres. 

True! People at this current situation are more into books or maybe Netflix... but definitely not a movie... 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Glindathegood said:

I really hope she does an autobiography. I think she has a way with words in her interviews and essays that makes her so fascinating, so I’d love a full-length book.

I think she will write her book later in life. That will cover her childhood in great detail and everything she couldn't fit into a movie.

In my opinion this movie is to bring her career back to life and to shine a light on certain struggles and successes over the years. ITS NOT A TELL ALL.

It gives her a reason to have a greatest hits era. Which she needs.

Edited by Lucky90210 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Lucky90210 said:

I think she will write her book later in life. That will cover her childhood in great detail and everything she couldn't fit into a movie.

In my opinion this movie is to bring her career back to life and to shine a light on certain struggles and successes over the years. ITS NOT A TELL ALL.

It gives her a reason to have a greatest hits era. Which she needs.

Totally agree. I think a movie if done well has the potential to appeal to a wider audience and reawaken interest in her back catalogue whereas a very detailed book would appeal to more hard core fans. 

Does anybody else think the movie will come out in (Fall) 2022 to celebrate the 40 years anniversary of her career? 

It would be even more brilliant if the movie was released to theaters on October 6 2022, which not only is a Thursday (the day of the week movies usually get released), but also because Everybody was released on Oct 6 1982!

And during these 2 years she could produce a new album and release it around that time too. One can dream...

Edited by Dito (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me

She may do a soundtrack album in the vein of I’m Breathless, but apart from that, I don’t see her making a new album until after the film release unless it went into development hell or something.

13 hours ago, Dito said:

Does anybody else think the movie will come out in (Fall) 2022 to celebrate the 40 years anniversary of her career? 

It would be even more brilliant if the movie was released to theaters on October 6 2022, which not only is a Thursday (the day of the week movies usually get released), but also because Everybody was released on Oct 6 1982!

And during these 2 years she could produce a new album and release it around that time too. One can dream...

This is an amazing idea.

So I've changed my mind about how I think this is going to go down.

I think the movie will start in Detroit. 

I don't think it will be framed by any one event like they did with Live Aid and Bohemian Rhapsody. 

End it with a mash up her Super Bowl Performance and her Billboard speech (Think Truth or Dare - color performance w /black and white speech)

They don't have to tell every story of her life or fact about her career if they choose to end it later in her career.

I Also think she will write a new song for the movie and that will be the title.

Fun!

• Fighter unfeatured this topic