Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

31 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I have never seen her in any movie, I read she was nominated for an Oscar for Little women.

If it's true, they chose an actress rather than a lookalike.

She’s an amazing actress who will have a very successful career in the future. She was brilliant in Midsommar and Lady Macbeth.

Getting someone who looks like them isn’t always the priority. I mean, look at Remi and Taron, they look nothing like Freddie or Elton as their regular selves. It’s all makeup, prosthetics, and weight that gets them to be as close as possible

She’s beautifully full figured which will be perfect for the virgin years but the transition into True Blue Madonna is a real shift physically. It’s a lot to ask of any actress to be honest. Madonnas routine was punishing. Time wise alone that would be costly to wait until the weight is off. 
maybe they just won’t be that meticulous but I do feel that a Madonna biopic without physical reinventions would leave something important about her mythology out. 
glad they went for a quality actress though I’d like to have seen that dark Italian energy. 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

She’s beautifully full figured which will be perfect for the virgin years but the transition into True Blue Madonna is a real shift physically. It’s a lot to ask of any actress to be honest. Madonnas routine was punishing. Time wise alone that would be costly to wait until the weight is off. 
maybe they just won’t be that meticulous but I do feel that a Madonna biopic without physical reinventions would leave something important about her mythology out. 
glad they went for a quality actress though I’d like to have seen that dark Italian energy. 

what if the end is Live Aid 85

Guest Nobody Knows Me
27 minutes ago, Tony Fortin said:

what if the end is Live Aid 85

She confirmed in her Instagram live that it’s going to go up to Ray of Light at least.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
22 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Florence is also a singer and a songwriter. I wonder if she will be singing in the movie, instead of just lip syncing to Madonna’s vocals. 

I think Madonna mentioned that the actress would be singing in her Instagram live but I might be wrong.

In motion you sort of see how this will fit. I do find her speaking voice very Madonna actually. Watch the clip and tell me you can’t hear her delivering the freedom of speech / artistic integrity monologue to the press from 90 in response to the Vatican. 
I see it. 

The way she says “talent isn’t genius” is very very “fuck you freddy there was not”
If she talks like her she may be able to emulate her singing too.

She has a powerful energy. This has my interest stoked. I’m cautiously optimistic about this. 

So far we have confirmed on the film Diablo Cody (oscar winner) as co-writer and Amy Pascal (oscar nominee) as producer

And rumors says Florence Pugh (oscar nominee) as Madonna and Patrick Leonard with Madonna herself on the soundtrack

My expectations are higher now!

For those who don't know, the Blonde Ambition script, the one she hated, is avaiable online. It made the top of the Blacklist, the scripts that didn't get to be produced, in 2016 and Universal wanted to make the film.

At the time, she posted on Instagram that only herself could tell her story (https://www.instagram.com/p/BTURDmagF5j/).

Here is the link, in case anyone wants to read and tell us about it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99OA3s2AACON0I4aUQwYko2RkU/view?usp=sharing

It includes her relationship with Basquiat, Wahrol and her producer Jellybean. The script ends after the VMA performance of Like a Virgin and her telling to Jellybean that she aborted their baby (wich we have no evidence that happened, it may probably be completly made up, idk)

On 12/13/2020 at 11:38 AM, steady75 said:

In motion you sort of see how this will fit. I do find her speaking voice very Madonna actually. Watch the clip and tell me you can’t hear her delivering the freedom of speech / artistic integrity monologue to the press from 90 in response to the Vatican. 
I see it. 

The way she says “talent isn’t genius” is very very “fuck you freddy there was not”
If she talks like her she may be able to emulate her singing too.

She has a powerful energy. This has my interest stoked. I’m cautiously optimistic about this. 

Wow, I’m really liking her. At first I wasn’t sure on her looks, but, her voice and a certain power in her whole demeanor  completely works. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Julia Garner is more Italian-looking and is very reminiscent of 1986/1987 Madonna to me but I think it could also work with Florence Pugh so I'd be excited for either.

I honestly don't love the thought of the actress singing her songs though. I'd rather they just used Madonna's studio vocals.

14 hours ago, deathproof said:

I see nothing in Madonna with Julia. Not only that, but I only know her for playing mousey and quiet characters. Not sure what everyone else is seeing

The first time I saw her I thought this girl is going to nail the blond ambition performances. I listened to some of her interviews, far from quiet. so i guess she's a good actress