Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

On 12/16/2020 at 8:40 PM, artofdarkness said:

For those who don't know, the Blonde Ambition script, the one she hated, is avaiable online. It made the top of the Blacklist, the scripts that didn't get to be produced, in 2016 and Universal wanted to make the film.

At the time, she posted on Instagram that only herself could tell her story (https://www.instagram.com/p/BTURDmagF5j/).

Here is the link, in case anyone wants to read and tell us about it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99OA3s2AACON0I4aUQwYko2RkU/view?usp=sharing

It includes her relationship with Basquiat, Wahrol and her producer Jellybean. The script ends after the VMA performance of Like a Virgin and her telling to Jellybean that she aborted their baby (wich we have no evidence that happened, it may probably be completly made up, idk)

I skimmed through the script and I didn't see any mention of her relationship with Basquiat. I only saw the brief dialogue between him and Warhol at the Factory party. There is no mention of Madonna's friendship with Warhol, Keith, or Martin. This script is a soap opera between Madonna and Jellybean. I'm glad this didn't go into production. 

Madonna has discussed having an abortion before, but she didn't specify who she was pregnant by. "You always have regrets when you make those kind of decisions," she told Times Magazine in 1996, "but you have to look at your lifestyle and ask, 'Am I at a place in my life where I can devote a lot of time to being the really good parent I want to be?' "I think you have to be mentally prepared for it. If you're not, you're only doing the world a disservice by bringing up a child you don't want."

Barbara Victor, who wrote the unauthorized biography Goddess: Inside Madonna claims she had 11 abortions, which Madonna denied. Barbara claims the first was with Basquiat. The book's publishing company HarperCollins backed the validity of the book and no lawsuits were filed so... *shrugs* Erika Belle claimed that Madonna had at least 3 abortions with Jellybean alone, but I don't think a movie should end on that kind of note. 

BBC fact-checked the script: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39730585

Edited by Luci nln
fixed spelling (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Luci nln said:

I skimmed through the script and I didn't see any mention of her relationship with Basquiat. I only saw the brief dialogue between him and Warhol at the Factory party. There is no mention of Madonna's friendship with Warhol, Keith, or Martin. This script is a soap opera between Madonna and Jellybean. I'm glad this didn't go into production. 

Madonna has discussed having an abortion before, but she didn't specify who she was pregnant by. "You always have regrets when you make those kind of decisions," she told Times Magazine in 1996, "but you have to look at your lifestyle and ask, 'Am I at a place in my life where I can devote a lot of time to being the really good parent I want to be?' "I think you have to be mentally prepared for it. If you're not, you're only doing the world a disservice by bringing up a child you don't want."

Barbara Victor, who wrote the unauthorized biography Goddess: Inside Madonna claims she had 11 abortions, which Madonna denied. Barbara claims the first was with Basquiat. The book's publishing company HarperCollins backed the validity of the book and no lawsuits were filed so... *shrugs* Erika Belle claimed that Madonna had at least 3 abortions with Jellybean alone, but I don't think a movie should end on that kind of note. 

BBC fact-checked the script: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39730585

Insightful but can I just say, all this investigation makes me feel very uncomfortable. Nobody should dig so deep into abortion history. Is all of this so important?

9 hours ago, NowRadiate said:

Insightful but can I just say, all this investigation makes me feel very uncomfortable. Nobody should dig so deep into abortion history. Is all of this so important?

Not much investigation was necessary because Madonna's quotes came from the BBC fact-check article about the movie in the link I posted. That website also provided a link to an excerpt from the 1991 book Madonna Rising. I recalled the 2001 book making headlines because of the claimed 11 abortions. I personally don't think it's anyone's business and it shouldn't be included in the script unless Madonna feels like sharing it. I posted the information because the person I responded to was skeptical about Madonna having an abortion when she has spoken candidly about it in the past.

Edited by Luci nln (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Luci nln said:

Not much investigation was necessary because Madonna's quotes came from the BBC fact-check article about the movie in the link I posted. That website also provided a link to an excerpt from the 1991 book Madonna Rising. I recalled the 2001 book making headlines because of the claimed 11 abortions. I personally don't think it's anyone's business and it shouldn't be included in the script unless Madonna feels like sharing it. I posted the information because the person I responded to was skeptical about Madonna having an abortion when she has spoken candidly about it in the past.

Thank you for clearing it up. I am not criticizing you on a personal level. I understand how and why the posts came about. All I‘m saying it unhealthy how all of this is being tracked. We really shouldn’t know so much about it I think. Tabloid stuff.

It’s personal, but I actually think it’s good she admitted she had one and explained her reasons behind it. It seems a lot of people are pro choice but no one wants to admit they actually had an abortion. There is still a lot of shame around it. More women should talk about theirs. Women can talk about being raped and sexually assaulted now, but somehow talking about an abortion is taboo. Even in movies and tv you don’t see women having abortions very often. There was this soap opera I used to watch where  this character had an abortion, but then she went crazy. They needed to punish her. There is nothing wrong with Madonna having abortions when she was younger. She is a great mom today, but she might not have been such a great parent if she had a child back then. You can have abortions, but go on to be a mom later in life. 

The abortion is a difficult subject to address for a number of reasons but I also feel like if she addressed it it would largely be the question every journalist would ask her about it in the press junkets and that could be very uncomfortable and triggering for her. Especially when she’s talking about her whole life story. She probably won’t want to be left with a lasting memory of the world focusing on what she lost and not what she created. It’s difficult