Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

36 minutes ago, Levon said:

She uses the icons of a clapperboard and a film camera. As she will hardly spread out her whole private life for the whole world, a fictionalized biopic is more likely. Something like Rocketman seems obvious.

M knows there will be a major film about her life one day or another (seems like Hollywood has plans to make one and she evn commented herself she wasn't happy about it as her and only her could tell her story and no else and that she will do it when the time has come) so now that she is stucked at home (well kinda lol) and you never know if you will be alive tomorrow so i think she decided it was time to do it. 

32 minutes ago, rlittler81 said:

They look like note pads and lyric books from the early 80s... I can see post-it notes with 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983...

A fictionalized biopic would have the flexibility that the plot might focus on the 80s, but like Rocketman, it could also include some later hits like Vogue, Ray of Light, Music or Hung Up.

Diablo Cody wrote the book for Jagged Little Pill musical. Now, as some of you know, I happen to be a musical theatre fan and also an amateur performer, director and writer, and also a great fan of Alanis since the day she signed with Maverick. So I was very excited about the project. The full show was leaked on Youtube last week (it has now been deleted), but I have to say I was a little disappointed by the plot. It's not not the best jukebox musical, it's definitely no Mamma mia. It's a bad copy of Next to normal. Some songs are great, other are forced in the plot, other forced the plot.

Still I think there is a chance that M and Cody are not working on a screenplay but on a book for a musical, maybe a bio-musical like The Cher Show. In this case M would arrive late to the party, after Cher, Carole King, Donna Summer, Tina Turner. Yet her story could be very exciting and it would also give her and Warner a reason to promote her back catalogue. Let's hope M and her freak ideas don't take over!

26 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Diablo Cody wrote the book for Jagged Little Pill musical. Now, as some of you know, I happen to be a musical theatre fan and also an amateur performer, director and writer, and also a great fan of Alanis since the day she signed with Maverick. So I was very excited about the project. The full show was leaked on Youtube last week (it has now been deleted), but I have to say I was a little disappointed by the plot. It's not not the best jukebox musical, it's definitely no Mamma mia. It's a bad copy of Next to normal. Some songs are great, other are forced in the plot, other forced the plot.

Still I think there is a chance that M and Cody are not working on a screenplay but on a book for a musical, maybe a bio-musical like The Cher Show. In this case M would arrive late to the party, after Cher, Carole King, Donna Summer, Tina Turner. Yet her story could be very exciting and it would also give her and Warner a reason to promote her back catalogue. Let's hope M and her freak ideas don't take over!

Cool, I didn’t know! Very interesting... & yes I thought maybe a musical... but as you said it’s not something very promising in these days... I hope it’s a movie or maybe a book? I remember the Spice Girls musical was good right? Alanis I’m not sure why they did in the first place she’s not the right type for such project & it didn’t do well. That’s what heard... Cher’s musical is the best I don’t know maybe you can correct me with numbers? Xx

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

M knows there will be a major film about her life one day or another...

It will be difficult to make a commercially successful film about Madonna, which is not allowed to use most of her hits. Most of the songs were co-written by her and for the rest she, Warner, Rogers, McLean, Webber and befriended producers will make sure that they are not available for such a project.

The film Madonna and the Breakfast Club stands for this: it wasn't so bad, but without her hits there won't be a bigger audience for it. You can burn the money right away before you want to produce a film about Madonna without her consent.

A creative filmmaker (Marc Cherry/ Feud?) can of course refer to episodes in her life for which music would not be so important. But this would hardly be the big Madonna movie the audience has been waiting for.

7 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Where is it confirmed that she returned to Warner?

"Madonna leaves Interscope Records to return to Warner in 8-figure deal"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8606291/Madonna-leaves-Interscope-Records-return-Warner-8-figure-deal.html

She's also back on the Warner banner on Twitter. https://twitter.com/warnermusic

44 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Cool, I didn’t know! Very interesting... & yes I thought maybe a musical... but as you said it’s not something very promising in these days... I hope it’s a movie or maybe a book? I remember the Spice Girls musical was good right? Alanis I’m not sure why they did in the first place she’s not the right type for such project & it didn’t do well. That’s what heard... Cher’s musical is the best I don’t know maybe you can correct me with numbers? Xx

The Spice Girls musical Viva Forever was terrible! :laughing:

(Not as terrible as Desperately seeking Susan though)

But the Spice songs were strong and everybody in the royal circle was dancing and having fun!

But it was embarassingly badly written. Note that in 2009 I wrote a musical for my high school on the same subject - two girls who are best friends and go to Hollywood in search of fortune and fame - made with Nadonna songs, called Jump.

The problem with the Cher Show is that it's hard to have a single actress do Cher and sing almost all her numbers, so they created three Chers and this doesn't always work imo although Stephanie Block was awesome:

Alanis' songs are very deep and always tell a story, so they are good for a musical, but it was gard to wrap a story around all of them. There are good numbers though. The main character, Mary Jane, had an accident and is addicted to painkillers. Her husband sings to her "Mary Jane". One of the best moment is when MJ takes drugs and relives her day backwards, singing one of the new songs, "Smiling":

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

But, Broadway is closed...

2 hours ago, Levon said:

It will be difficult to make a commercially successful film about Madonna, which is not allowed to use most of her hits. Most of the songs were co-written by her and for the rest she, Warner, Rogers, McLean, Webber and befriended producers will make sure that they are not available for such a project.

M owns her publishing. She doesn’t own her album masters.

If people want to use a Madonna song for their movie, they have to get Madonna’s permission AND approval.

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But, Broadway is closed...

There are considerations that more broadcast recordings of shows (like Hamilton) are sold to streaming providers and cable channels. This would allow these productions to reach a much larger audience worldwide.

1 minute ago, Levon said:

There are considerations that more broadcast recordings of shows (like Hamilton) are sold to streaming providers and cable channels. This would allow these productions to reach a much larger audience worldwide.

Filming Broadway musicals for theatrical or physical release isn’t a new thing. They’ve been doing this for decades.

But people arnt going to put together a whole theater musical production just to film it from a theater stage for a streaming service. At that point you might as well do a full film production.

Producers want to put together musicals for a national tour, or atleast a residency in a single city.

21 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Filming Broadway musicals for theatrical or physical release isn’t a new thing. They’ve been doing this for decades.

But people arnt going to put together a whole theater musical production just to film it from a theater stage for a streaming service. At that point you might as well do a full film production.

Producers want to put together musicals for a national tour, or atleast a residency in a single city.

Such future film projects would probably not be so comparable to a visit to the Broadway performance. Hamilton is probably more of an example of how not to do it anymore:

Simply filming the stage production is not eligible for movie awards, so future musical projects of this kind (such as Once on This Island) are more likely to be filmed as feature films on more attractive live locations.

Once On This Island: Disney+ Adapting Broadway Musical into Film

The movie will no doubt be her story up to Blond Ambition at Wembley which is one of her most famous shows of all time.

How do I know this?

She’s talking about the Express Yourself outfit from Blond Ambition and Vogue was added to streaming sites yesterday. 

We will finally get the Blond Ambition Blu Ray once the movie is released. 
The promo all links up. 

Fingers crossed. 

I also feel like the crux of this movie will be more about her mother than pure ambition and the obvious story. 

List of songs that may feature in the movie. 

Promise To Try - Death of Mother

Little Star - Her mother’s last words to her daughter

What It Feels Like For A Girl - growing up with so many brothers / 60’s sexual revolution 

Oh Father / Papa Don’t Preach - Rebellious Teenager

Keep It Together - Family life / leaving Michigan

American Pie - Bus Journey to New York

I Love New York - living in NY

Hung Up & Deeper & Deeper - New York in the 70’s scene

Live To Tell - maybe her sexual assault 

Burning Up - breakfast club / Emmy

Crave - meeting Basquiat / missing home

Everybody - Danceteria Scenes (the tape)

Beautiful Stranger - meeting Jellybean

Holiday - Breakthrough Hit

Like A Virgin - MTV

Girl Gone Wild - newspaper headlines 

Don’t Tell Me - addressing the controversy

Bitch I’m Madonna - Megastar is born

4 Minutes / Music - Live aid

Material Girl - Meeting Sean

Crazy For You - Love Scene

Hollywood & Into The Groove - DSS

Dress You Up - First Tour ( Wanabees)

True Blue - The wedding 

Give It 2 Me - montage success scene True Blue - Who’s That Girl era

Causing A Commotion - the press intrusion poison penns

The Look Of Love - marriage breakdown

Like A Prayer - redemption arc begins 

Ray Of Light - Finding herself again after marriage 

Vogue - The Ball Scenes and connecting with her gay fanbase 

In This Life - the aids crisis / Keith

Express Yourself - films last scenes recreating Blond Ambition Tour opening number. 

Rebel Heart - Closing Credits 

Just Send me the cheque M. ?

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

I can picture it now:

CANDY SHOP:

The Madonna story.

“She’s got Turkish Delight.....

...and so...much...more”

**IN MOVIES THEATRES NOV 22**

I'll be your one stop (One stop)
Candy shop (Candy shop)
Everything (Everything)