Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

But, Broadway is closed...

I agree it makes no sense to invest on a musical that is only filmed for streaming. Not a new musical. Hamilton and Once on this island have already been on stage.

Whether it's a movie or a musical, between writing a screenplay or a book, it takes no less than two years until it's ready for production. For musicals it takes time to find financers, to do workshops, tryouts.... By then Broadway will be open, or we'll all be dead!

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

The movie will no doubt be her story up to Blond Ambition at Wembley which is one of her most famous shows of all time.

How do I know this?

She’s talking about the Express Yourself outfit from Blond Ambition and Vogue was added to streaming sites yesterday. 

We will finally get the Blond Ambition Blu Ray once the movie is released. 
The promo all links up. 

Fingers crossed. 

I also feel like the crux of this movie will be more about her mother than pure ambition and the obvious story. 

List of songs that may feature in the movie. 

Promise To Try - Death of Mother

Little Star - Her mother’s last words to her daughter

What It Feels Like For A Girl - growing up with so many brothers / 60’s sexual revolution 

Oh Father / Papa Don’t Preach - Rebellious Teenager

Keep It Together - Family life / leaving Michigan

American Pie - Bus Journey to New York

I Love New York - living in NY

Hung Up & Deeper & Deeper - New York in the 70’s scene

Live To Tell - maybe her sexual assault 

Burning Up - breakfast club / Emmy

Crave - meeting Basquiat / missing home

Everybody - Danceteria Scenes (the tape)

Beautiful Stranger - meeting Jellybean

Holiday - Breakthrough Hit

Like A Virgin - MTV

Girl Gone Wild - newspaper headlines 

Don’t Tell Me - addressing the controversy

Bitch I’m Madonna - Megastar is born

4 Minutes / Music - Live aid

Material Girl - Meeting Sean

Crazy For You - Love Scene

Hollywood & Into The Groove - DSS

Dress You Up - First Tour ( Wanabees)

True Blue - The wedding 

Give It 2 Me - montage success scene True Blue - Who’s That Girl era

Causing A Commotion - the press intrusion poison penns

The Look Of Love - marriage breakdown

Like A Prayer - redemption arc begins 

Ray Of Light - Finding herself again after marriage 

Vogue - The Ball Scenes and connecting with her gay fanbase 

In This Life - the aids crisis / Keith

Express Yourself - films last scenes recreating Blond Ambition Tour opening number. 

Rebel Heart - Closing Credits 

Just Send me the cheque M. ?

And no twins? :Madonna037:

No Malik? :Madonna027:

10 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I don't know much about this stuff,  do you write screenplays for musicals? 

...and why does hearing that she went back to Warner give my life meaning again?

No, the dialogue in stage musicals is called a book. But there are film musicals like Rocketman which have screenplays. 

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

The movie will no doubt be her story up to Blond Ambition at Wembley which is one of her most famous shows of all time.

How do I know this?

She’s talking about the Express Yourself outfit from Blond Ambition and Vogue was added to streaming sites yesterday. 

We will finally get the Blond Ambition Blu Ray once the movie is released. 
The promo all links up. 

Fingers crossed. 

I also feel like the crux of this movie will be more about her mother than pure ambition and the obvious story. 

List of songs that may feature in the movie. 

Promise To Try - Death of Mother

Little Star - Her mother’s last words to her daughter

What It Feels Like For A Girl - growing up with so many brothers / 60’s sexual revolution 

Oh Father / Papa Don’t Preach - Rebellious Teenager

Keep It Together - Family life / leaving Michigan

American Pie - Bus Journey to New York

I Love New York - living in NY

Hung Up & Deeper & Deeper - New York in the 70’s scene

Live To Tell - maybe her sexual assault 

Burning Up - breakfast club / Emmy

Crave - meeting Basquiat / missing home

Everybody - Danceteria Scenes (the tape)

Beautiful Stranger - meeting Jellybean

Holiday - Breakthrough Hit

Like A Virgin - MTV

Girl Gone Wild - newspaper headlines 

Don’t Tell Me - addressing the controversy

Bitch I’m Madonna - Megastar is born

4 Minutes / Music - Live aid

Material Girl - Meeting Sean

Crazy For You - Love Scene

Hollywood & Into The Groove - DSS

Dress You Up - First Tour ( Wanabees)

True Blue - The wedding 

Give It 2 Me - montage success scene True Blue - Who’s That Girl era

Causing A Commotion - the press intrusion poison penns

The Look Of Love - marriage breakdown

Like A Prayer - redemption arc begins 

Ray Of Light - Finding herself again after marriage 

Vogue - The Ball Scenes and connecting with her gay fanbase 

In This Life - the aids crisis / Keith

Express Yourself - films last scenes recreating Blond Ambition Tour opening number. 

Rebel Heart - Closing Credits 

Just Send me the cheque M. ?

The last thing we need is a Madonna biopic that makes her look like an 80s fad. The woman had hits for 3 decades. Whatever they do, they need to be clear about her resilience and the fact she's been here for a long time and still going.

Just now, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

The last thing we need is a Madonna biopic that makes her look like an 80s fad. The woman had hits for 3 decades. Whatever they do, they need to be clear about her resilience and the fact she's been here for a long time and still going.

While I agree, there's just so much to cover during her 80s/early 90s career. I'd hate to see the film be rushed through 3 decades of storylines.

3 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

While I agree, there's just so much to cover during her 80s/early 90s career. I'd hate to see the film be rushed through 3 decades of storylines.

I actually think 2 movies would be great. The first about her upbringing, her childhood, her strict dad, mom dying, why she is who she is...her new York days, meeting all those artists from her early days, tackle on her abuse, ending with her getting her record deal. This screams Oscar movie tbh.

And the second movie about her career.

49 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Let’s see. 
You just can’t fit that much in without being rushed. 
Plus if they use songs throughout her career and not just that period as they did in Rocketman, ( which was brilliant), It won’t just be an 80’s fest. 

56 minutes ago, Semtex1 said:

I personally would like to see a 10 part drama like the Versace murder and the OJ Simpson series spanning from her childhood. I would likely have different actresses for each decade

Exactly. All these awesome T.V. shows that are 10 hours cut up into 10 segments would be awesome. It's really the "New" Movie.  Like American Horror Story or the ones you listed. 10 segments would be enough time to tell the story right, and wouldn't limit the tone to stay the same throughout. 

4 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I don't know much about this stuff,  do you write screenplays for musicals? 

I think you are right, I implied that she could be working on a script for a musical - considering the recent involvement of Cody Diablo in Jagged Little Pill - but in her post she actually used the word screenplay, which can't be used for theatre!

8 hours ago, Levon said:

Such future film projects would probably not be so comparable to a visit to the Broadway performance. Hamilton is probably more of an example of how not to do it anymore:

Simply filming the stage production is not eligible for movie awards, so future musical projects of this kind (such as Once on This Island) are more likely to be filmed as feature films on more attractive live locations.

Once On This Island: Disney+ Adapting Broadway Musical into Film

Once on This Island is NOT a new musical. It’s been around for awhile. They would basically be following a manuscript to put that together.

If M is working on a musical, it’s completely new. Think about that.

Episode one: Madonna is born, her mother dies, she struggles finding herself among her siblings and friends at school, she befriends dancers who show her the gay scene in Detroit.

Episode two: Madonna attends University of Michigan, she still isn't satisfied with life, she leaves for NYC and arrives with no money and no plan, she tours the city, applies for jobs, makes friends and temporarily crashes at their place, auditions for every dance calling and gets rejected, she questions herself if she can make it.

Episode three: She records Everybody and begs DJs to play her song, she finally gets recognized and Everybody becomes popular in the clubs, she scores her first record contract and starts recording her debut album. Holiday becomes a massive success and she does an extensive promo tour.

Episode four: She begins recording Like A Virgin, performs at the VMAs, starts filming Desperately seeking Susan and becomes a massive star, she meets Sean on the set of Material Girl, starts The Virgin Tour, marries Sean.

Episode five: True Blue gets recorded but she struggles with her abusive husband. Sean and Madonna go through personal hardships at home while all the True Blue singles become massive hits. She starts filming WTG and goes on tour. Divorces Sean.

Episode six: Like A Prayer controversy, Blond Ambition Tour, Immaculate Collection.

Episode seven: Sex book/Erotica controversy, Bedtime Stories, landing the role for Evita, meeting Carlos and getting pregnant. Lola is born at the end.

Episode Eight: Madonna raises Lourdes, finds Kabbalah, records ROL and has a massive comeback. Meets Guy Ritchie at the end.

Episode Nine: Guy and Madonna marry, Rocco is born, Music is a success, American Life controversy, Madonna discovers Malawi.

Episode Ten: Confessions is recorded, she has yet another comeback with Hung Up, Guy and Madonna start to fall apart, she adopts David, Hard Candy is recorded, divorce happens, she adopts Mercy, completes her contract with Warner.

Why would anybody worry about how Madonna presents her life? Your favourite moment of her that changed your life might only be a couple minutes on screen but in her mind it might have passed in the blink of an eye. If there is one thing this woman knows best is herself and how to present herself. Sure she'll do a great job with it and since she's talking about the importance of details already there's not gonna be a rush. She must hire either Paris Jackson or the one who acted in the Madonna and the Breakfast Club movie to play her. Wonder if she will act as her older self. Does that make it a documentary lol?

54 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Episode one: Madonna is born, her mother dies, she struggles finding herself among her siblings and friends at school, she befriends dancers who show her the gay scene in Detroit.

Episode two: Madonna attends University of Michigan, she still isn't satisfied with life, she leaves for NYC and arrives with no money and no plan, she tours the city, applies for jobs, makes friends and temporarily crashes at their place, auditions for every dance calling and gets rejected, she questions herself if she can make it.

Episode three: She records Everybody and begs DJs to play her song, she finally gets recognized and Everybody becomes popular in the clubs, she scores her first record contract and starts recording her debut album. Holiday becomes a massive success and she does an extensive promo tour.

Episode four: She begins recording Like A Virgin, performs at the VMAs, starts filming Desperately seeking Susan and becomes a massive star, she meets Sean on the set of Material Girl, starts The Virgin Tour, marries Sean.

Episode five: True Blue gets recorded but she struggles with her abusive husband. Sean and Madonna go through personal hardships at home while all the True Blue singles become massive hits. She starts filming WTG and goes on tour. Divorces Sean.

Episode six: Like A Prayer controversy, Blond Ambition Tour, Immaculate Collection.

Episode seven: Sex book/Erotica controversy, Bedtime Stories, landing the role for Evita, meeting Carlos and getting pregnant. Lola is born at the end.

Episode Eight: Madonna raises Lourdes, finds Kabbalah, records ROL and has a massive comeback. Meets Guy Ritchie at the end.

Episode Nine: Guy and Madonna marry, Rocco is born, Music is a success, American Life controversy, Madonna discovers Malawi.

Episode Ten: Confessions is recorded, she has yet another comeback with Hung Up, Guy and Madonna start to fall apart, she adopts David, Hard Candy is recorded, divorce happens, she adopts Mercy, completes her contract with Warner.

Episode 7 gonna be a doozy

5 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

Your favourite moment of her that changed your life might only be a couple minutes on screen but in her mind it might have passed in the blink of an eye. 

This is so true. A lot of us have many memories and milestones that are so important to us personally that from her point of view may have meant nothing or very little. We'd all find it hard to agree on even 10 essential moments that would HAVE to be included.

How many of us have met up with friends or colleagues after many years and they have brought up stories that you hadnt even remembered or thought about ?  thankfully most of her adult life has been well documented already which helps.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic