Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

You know what? I wish Lady Gaga plays her. You’ve got a story of Queen of Pop and you’ve got Gaga, one of the biggest names in music today who has always been crazily inspired by her, who also acted before and got an Oscar, not to mention all the stans going crazy over both, having a collaboration that will be everywhere.

I don’t think anyone’s go do her justice like Gaga whether in terms of “becoming” her or the publicity for it. 

33 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

You know what? I wish Lady Gaga plays her. You’ve got a story of Queen of Pop and you’ve got Gaga, one of the biggest names in music today who has always been crazily inspired by her, who also acted before and got an Oscar, not to mention all the stans going crazy over both, having a collaboration that will be everywhere.

I don’t think anyone’s go do her justice like Gaga whether in terms of “becoming” her or the publicity for it. 

That would never work for a whole host of reasons not the least of which is Gaga is too old now to portray Madonna when she moved to NYC as a 19 year old. 

Edited by Glindathegood (see edit history)

I'm curious to see if Sean Penn will be in the plot and if Madonna will reveal the abuse? I mean, they're close friends now so I wouldn't think she would want the world pissed off at him if she told the truth about all the crazy shit he did to her during their marriage. 

And I REALLY hope they don't end the movie right when she becomes a successful artist. That Madonna TV movie ended that way and it would seem like they just copied it. I think ending the movie with Express Yourself from Blond Ambition would be perfect with text before the credits describing all the accomplishments she made afterwards. 

37 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I'm curious to see if Sean Penn will be in the plot and if Madonna will reveal the abuse? I mean, they're close friends now so I wouldn't think she would want the world pissed off at him if she told the truth about all the crazy shit he did to her during their marriage. 

And I REALLY hope they don't end the movie right when she becomes a successful artist. That Madonna TV movie ended that way and it would seem like they just copied it. I think ending the movie with Express Yourself from Blond Ambition would be perfect with text before the credits describing all the accomplishments she made afterwards. 

I think they ended the TV movie there because they didn’t have the rights to her biggest hits. Ending it too early would mean leaving out a lot of her best known songs such as Like a Prayer and Vogue from the soundtrack which would be silly. 

27 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I think they ended the TV movie there because they didn’t have the rights to her biggest hits. Ending it too early would mean leaving out a lot of her best known songs such as Like a Prayer and Vogue from the soundtrack which would be silly. 

This is true but what I'm saying is I hope they don't end this movie at the same spot. We know it'll be impossible to cover her entire career but it would blasphemy is they wrap the story up too early. I think Blond Ambition is a good ending mark. 

15 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

This is true but what I'm saying is I hope they don't end this movie at the same spot. We know it'll be impossible to cover her entire career but it would blasphemy is they wrap the story up too early. I think Blond Ambition is a good ending mark. 

I agree. Rocketman for example did include the height of Elton’s career in the late 70’s and early 80’s up to I’m Still Standing.  It didn’t end when he became famous. 

16 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

That would never work for a whole host of reasons not the least of which is Gaga is too old now to portray Madonna when she moved to NYC as a 19 year old. 

I mean it’s not like they’ve never done it in other movies and shows where a 30 year old actor plays a high school student.

18 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I cannot see a glimpse of Madonna when I see Gaga performing. So hell no.

18 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Oh God. Please no. Heart attack

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

The only problem would be that Gaga doesn't look or sound anything like M...:stare:

True. Also Gaga grew up in an elitist environment in Manhattan. I think you need to have someone who understands and can embody  the Midwest working class sensibility. That is key to Madonna’s personality. You can take the girl out of the Midwest, but not the Midwest out of the girl. 

5 hours ago, o_g_c_x said:

I cannot see a glimpse of Madonna when I see Gaga performing. So hell no.

5 hours ago, NowRadiate said:

Oh God. Please no. Heart attack

I feel like too much of the hatred towards Gaga is keeping people from seeing that she does resemble Madonna to an extent, and she’s also talented and can be great for the role. 

I really hope the story includes a big part of her carreer, after LAV too. I'm very interested to see the mechanics behind her rise to super stardom and her inner turmoil and willingness to take such huge risks like LAP, BA, sex etc. on the hight of her popularity. In that sense both her speeches at bilboard and at glaad could be used as a blueprint. I'm much less (if not to say not at all) interested in the story of her not fitting in, moving to new york, sleeping on couches, not having any money, modelling naked, working hard and becoming a star. Even though, if done right, that's the movie people go and see time and time and time again lol

6 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I really hope the story includes a big part of her carreer, after LAV too. I'm very interested to see the mechanics behind her rise to super stardom and her inner turmoil and willingness to take such huge risks like LAP, BA, sex etc. on the hight of her popularity. In that sense both her speeches at bilboard and at glaad could be used as a blueprint. I'm much less (if not to say not at all) interested in the story of her not fitting in, moving to new york, sleeping on couches, not having any money, modelling naked, working hard and becoming a star. Even though, if done right, that's the movie people go and see time and time and time again lol

I’m torn because I find the early 80s period the most interesting especially the whole East Village scene, but if the movie focused just on that it would leave out a lot of her best known songs like Vogue and LAP, and wouldn’t really communicate to a younger audience exactly why she is such a huge icon and legend. 

46 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Which one? The one about the ballet dancer or the the Impossible Lives of Greta Walls/Loved. 
Supposedly MGM signed her to direct the movie about the dancer. 

Seems like she deciced to direct another movie about a young girl who wanted to be a dancer but became the most successful female singer of all time.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic