Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

Guest Nobody Knows Me
20 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I don't know if she's directing it but she's writting the screenplay. Good question btw, who do you think will direct the movie ? Herself ?

Maybe Dexter Fletcher, the man who directed the Rocketman biopic. He said he’d love to do a Madonna one next.

10 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Which one? The one about the ballet dancer or the the Impossible Lives of Greta Walls/Loved. 
Supposedly MGM signed her to direct the movie about the dancer. 

I think it was Greta Walls. Either way, they're both not happening. 

9 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

I don't know if she's directing it but she's writting the screenplay. Good question btw, who do you think will direct the movie ? Herself ?

PLEASE don't let her be the one to direct it - not only would it be bias AF but it would be extremely messy and no one would take it seriously. 

David Fincher would be a wise choice as he's an acclaimed director and has a history of working with Madonna. 

39 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I think it was Greta Walls. Either way, they're both not happening. 

PLEASE don't let her be the one to direct it - not only would it be bias AF but it would be extremely messy and no one would take it seriously. 

David Fincher would be a wise choice as he's an acclaimed director and has a history of working with Madonna. 

I thought she was writing the script for Greta Walls herself, so it must have been the dancer movie. 
I think it would be nice to find someone who hasn’t worked with her before. Would be great to use a female director. 

Guest DeeperDeeper

It would not surprise me if she does a biopic like Elton John's 'Rocketman' and then releases an autobiography and greatest hits collection at the same time. 

This would make sense if she's signing back with Warner as well. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, Ashley said:

It would not surprise me if she does a biopic like Elton John's 'Rocketman' and then releases an autobiography and greatest hits collection at the same time. 

That’d be great. I’d love for that to happen.

Guest DeeperDeeper

This is slightly off topic. Yet I would bloody love it if M did a documentary where she talked about every one of her albums and how they came about and the history behind all the songs and the albums art work. 

43 minutes ago, Ashley said:

This is slightly off topic. Yet I would bloody love it if M did a documentary where she talked about every one of her albums and how they came about and the history behind all the songs and the albums art work. 

I would love this as well. Your post reminded me of when she remembered back on a lot of her music when she had a Madonna Channel on SiriusXM during Madame X. I was so glued. 

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

That would be great, although I wouldn’t like a musical like Rocketman where the actress does the singing. Madonna has a unique voice that would be very hard to duplicate. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, devilpray said:

I'd love her to at least do an interview like Genius did with Mariah, all about the music and deep cuts

I would love that so much. That interview is fantastic.

Guest DeeperDeeper

Imagine if she talked about all the songs on the Erotica album. Where Life Begins and Secret Garden would be mind blowing to hear the story behind them. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 hour ago, Glindathegood said:

That would be great, although I wouldn’t like a musical like Rocketman where the actress does the singing. Madonna has a unique voice that would be very hard to duplicate. 

I haven't seen Rocketman, but I can see her do a biopic like that, not necessarily the musical part. 

12 hours ago, felipe929 said:

I just hope she doesn't get overly complacent about her own past. The public wouldn't like a self congratulatory biopic. I hope she put down the road tinted glasses and let the screenwriter do her job.

But aren’t all biopics like that to a certain extent? Rocketman played down his bitchy side and made him more likeable than he is in real life. You have to make the main character sympathetic or people won’t like the movie. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 minute ago, Glindathegood said:

But aren’t all biopics like that to a certain extent? Rocketman played down his bitchy side and made him more likeable than he is in real life. You have to make the main character sympathetic or people won’t like the movie. 

I don't think M is petty bitchy like Elton. To me M knows what she wants and she's not afraid to use her cunt power accordingly, yet overall she's a reasonable person with a nice side. 

14 hours ago, felipe929 said:

I just hope she doesn't get overly complacent about her own past. The public wouldn't like a self congratulatory biopic. I hope she put down the road tinted glasses and let the screenwriter do her job.

Something tells me the positive reaction to her Billboard speech is inspiring this a bit. So I could see her focusing on the backlashes she's received for Erotica/SEX/Like a Prayer/Papa Don't Preach as well as her rape, losing friends to AIDS... gosh this sounds like a tragedy. :Madonna034:

8 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Something tells me the positive reaction to her Billboard speech is inspiring this a bit. So I could see her focusing on the backlashes she's received for Erotica/SEX/Like a Prayer/Papa Don't Preach as well as her rape, losing friends to AIDS... gosh this sounds like a tragedy. :Madonna034:

Generally movies or books are more successful if you show the main character going through struggles and problems. If you show everything thing great and positive it’s not as interesting.

The world should also see what she has been through, time and time again. She needs the public to be able to relate to her, and I think the general public needs to be reminded of her important impacts on society. She hasn’t reached legendary status without reason. I hope they do this well. 

• Fighter unfeatured this topic