Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Isn't Amy Pascal the woman from the Sony email leaks a few years ago? that name rings a bell

Yes. I think that was the North Korea hack. Amy’s racist emails were exposed. 

Madonna should not be directing this. She’s making the same mistake again including co-writing the script. It should be a book first. Then option it and let them get someone like David Fincher to direct it. She can get a producer credit. 

Hmmm I’d rather Madonna was executive producer or co director or something like that. We need someone with a better grasp of narrative story telling visual and the use of visual tricks and formats to convey emotions and feelings. 

I can’t see M being as creative dare I say. 

It's not a wise decision to direct the movie. There are a lot of amazing directors that could do this movie, and she can be involved as co director and producer of course.
She doesn't have a good back history in cinema, not as an actress neither as a director. The critic will slay her no matter if the movie is good, just because it's her. I hope she change her opinion about the direction of the movie! 
And also I hope the script is good. It's great that she wants to tell her own story but I hope she will be able to see behind her... I mean, I hope it doesn't end up being a super narcissistic movie.

It may very well work. I remember watching Madonna: Innocence Lost years ago, and I loved it. The moment Madonna first discovered a bottle of peroxide, the moment she seduced a DJ and inserted her cassette tape in the deck and pushed play, the moment before her MTV Like a Virgin performance when she was shown pensive, sipping her honey tea...

Imagine how a high budget film may turn out! Looking forward to it.

When she said that they didn't filmed the whole BAT concert I was like "bitch, no way, you said last year that the tapes were missing wth gurl".

I can't get over the fact we highly won't get a Blu-ray release of BAT, especially when I watch the performances from TOD in the outstanding quality of image holy fuck

BRO!

LET THE WOMAN DO WHAT SHE FCKING WANTS LMAO! AT LEAST SHE'S STILL GIVING US SOMETHING :hearteyes:

It's Madonna... as if y'all haven't known her lol! Madonna having had a bad rap with her acting and directing films doesn't mean it will always be that way. Who knows. This could be her magnum opus. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, Angelo said:

I think that except For her fans (Not all of them)...no one will Be interested in This film ?

She’s been trending for the past 24 hours and made the news for announcing this. I think people will be more interested in this then they have with her music since 2005, it’s just a case of whether they like it or not. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

She’s been trending for the past 24 hours and made the news for announcing this. I think people will be more interested in this then they have with her music since 2005, it’s just a case of whether they like it or not. 

Absolutely. Because of nostalgia for the 80s and 90s people are going to be way more interested in this than new music from her or a movie with her playing another character as an actress. 

And I agree about letting Madonna do what she wants. Bad or good, life is too short. This project is giving her a lot new energy and happiness. Those things are important to keep going and keep living. It's always good for a person's creative process too...which, in turn, is good for us as fans and what she might release. I mean....even her bad movies or projects have always had something I liked whether it was one song or just seeing Madonna up on a screen or doing a video, to just her cinematic eye for beauty in the films and videos she's made etc..

A cool read from Vogue...

On Madonna’s New Biopic and the Shifting New York Paradigm

By Raven Smith

September 16, 2020

Wizened provocateur and all-round song legend Madonna is set to direct a film about her own life and career, cowriting the movie with Diablo Cody. After 30 years of floor fillers and ballads and Catholic controversy, she wants to “convey the incredible journey that life has taken me on as an artist, a musician, a dancer—a human being, trying to make her way in this world.”

As tired as it sounds, Madonna is truly the queen of reinvention, a chameleon who established a nationwide—no, global—template for unapologetic multifaceted femininity in all its possible guises: virgin, dominatrix, material girl, Kabbalah goddess. She resisted being pigeonholed as a type, always ready to defy our expectations. I assume the forthcoming film will cover her early life, those heady days in New York, a city that, like Madonna, cycles through new iterations like it’s swiping Tinder on a Friday night. There’s Frank Sinatra’s New York, all Rat Pack suits and discarded vagabond shoes. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ New York, with malformed rats and pizza. There’s Truman Capote’s New York. Patrick Bateman’s. Carrie Bradshaw’s. New York never settles. 

Madonna’s New York is gritty, accessed by rickety fire escape rather than Uber, where clubs never close and you could vogue into the wee hours. You might wake up next to Tupac or Basquiat or even Sean Penn. La Isla Bonita (Manhattan) was dirty and dangerous in the 1980s, lacking safety and ease, a city thriving on great non-expectations and the daily jeopardy of unoptimized living. You can think of this as a better or worse time, depending on your capacity for danger and how long you’ll legitimately wait for a subway home before completely losing your shit. In return for a lot of downtime, you get singularity: local stores that are single links in their own chains, huddles of people dressed in a way you’ve never seen online. You get trash. You get vaudeville. You get rumors about the rat meat in your hot dog. Crime is up and gang warfare, but let’s pretend that’s romantic like a Stephen Sondheim musical. You also get the serendipity of tetherless roaming without a phone or map. Life takes more effort, sure, but maybe that’s more rewardable? Maybe getting lost is the point? 

A New Yorker isn’t so much a person as a mood. An understated but extroverted coolness. A way of drawing you in while warning you to fuck off. A visceral untouchability. Despite modern folklore, New Yorkers aren’t all conceived by moonlight under the Brooklyn Bridge (the queen of pop emigrated from Michigan), but they’re united on one thing: New York is brilliant. They will defend it to the death or until such point as they move upstate or to L.A., as if that was always the plan.

In the meantime, nothing makes a New Yorker bristle like the constant stories of the imminent death of the city or people like me reminiscing of a simpler, phone-less time before we were all material girls and every block was a shuffle of Starbucks and Sweetgreens. I love a latte, but as Manhattan hyper-gentrifies, our desire for convenience replaces the anomalies that made ye olde New York feel so urgent and incisive. Surprises are limited. 

COVID has seen all of us reevaluate what’s necessary and what’s extraneous, what matters and who. The cities we live in will have to adapt around us, this now fabled New Normal. So the New York paradigm is shifting again, and none of us know where it’ll land. (Even Seinfeld weighed in to speculate.) Could the next New York be like Madonna’s “Frozen” era, all brunette and henna? Will it snog Britney? Will it invite MIA to the Super Bowl? As the great homogenization of culture eats the very idea of nuanced, undiscovered subculture, the Madonna back catalog still slaps, bristling with transformative New York energy. To her detractors, Madonna’s only faux pas seems to be outstaying her welcome and refusing to shrink away from the limelight like scrap metal, which, at the end of the day, is very New York.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic