Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I wonder why fans are always so obsessed with getting BAT?

We now have 4 full pro shot versions of it! Plus 2 additional soundboards. I think it is clear by now we will not be getting the Paris show so that is that. Case closed.

Exactly. Thanks to YouTube and talented fans that upscale footage every few years, we have several shows at the touch of a button. 

Re-Invention Tour is what is more important. All we have is shitty footage from the venue screen with horrible audio. 

2 hours ago, PlasticLimbo said:

Please, if a good soul finda anothwe video with the participation of thw viewers (with all the questions bla bla bla) on screen!!! Ehy did thos person hide the questions??? it was important to see what ahe was teally answering to and what not!! 

I have it as well with the questions, sorry I did not know you would want that! I will upload in the vid section tomorrow xx

The only reason I took them off is because I moved from my phone to computer Cos my phone ran out of space so the questions are next to the video rather than within it.

25 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Don't worry, she carefull avoided all our questions :devil:

I asked her about 20 times:

"Will it include new music too?"

"Will it be released for the 40th anniversary?"

"Do you plan anything for the first album 40th anniversary?"

"Do you have a release date?"

"Is Christopher included in the story?"

I asked about 50 times “will you be directing” :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I saw it! She clearly doesn't know or doesn't want to say.

But the movie already has a producer, that's good!

Amy Pascal produced Ghostbusters and Spiderman, plus Little women and Spielberg's The post.

I’m gonna go ahead and guess she’s looking for an all female team

5 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I'm a little bit afraid since she seems to want to cover almost her whole career, or at least from the early days to Ray of Light (I think that's what I heard her saying lol) which it is A LOT for just one movie. I mean how could you fit all that in a 2 hour movie? :confused:

True but the script is in the first draft. It will be fleshed out, dissected, edited etc once they’ve put it all down. I’m sure Diablo knows what she is doing.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

With everything that she’s planning on incorporating, it really does sound more like a mini-series than a feature film.

Episode 1: Early 1980s, The Breakfast Club, getting signed to Sire Records.
Episode 2: Superstardom, Like A Virgin, MTV Awards, Sean Penn.
Episode 3: Separation from Sean, Like A Prayer, Pepsi, Blond Ambition.
Episode 4: Erotica, the backlash from the Sex book, “hitting rock bottom” as she described it.
Episode 5: Evita, pregnancy and the birth of Lourdes, Ray of Light. Sort of like her life coming full circle.

But I agree that Diablo most likely knows what she’s doing and it will work out in the end.

9 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

With everything that she’s planning on incorporating, it really does sound more like a mini-series than a feature film.

Episode 1: Early 1980s, The Breakfast Club, getting signed to Sire Records.
Episode 2: Superstardom, Like A Virgin, MTV Awards, Sean Penn.
Episode 3: Separation from Sean, Like A Prayer, Pepsi, Blond Ambition.
Episode 4: Erotica, the backlash from the Sex book, “hitting rock bottom” as she described it.
Episode 5: Evita, pregnancy and the birth of Lourdes, Ray of Light. Sort of like her life coming full circle.

But I agree that Diablo most likely knows what she’s doing and it will work out in the end.

Diablo didn't seem like she was down for that... ? She was like "it's gonna be a movie, that's what I'm here for." 

And I Oop GIF by memecandy

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, RUADJAI said:

Diablo didn't seem like she was down for that... ? She was like "it's gonna be a movie, that's what I'm here for." 

And I Oop GIF by memecandy

M is probably driving her insane and she needs to get out asap :laughing:

1 hour ago, lucasciccone said:

I'm a little bit afraid since she seems to want to cover almost her whole career, or at least from the early days to Ray of Light (I think that's what I heard her saying lol) which it is A LOT for just one movie. I mean how could you fit all that in a 2 hour movie? :confused:

It’s a lot, but I think they need to show Lourdes being born to show how that healed her from losing her mother. If they just stick to the early 80s it would be too similiar to the two earlier movies. I think they need to show the general public why she’s a legend and icon, not just some struggling singer songwriter. 

18 minutes ago, BILLSTER said:

Took a screen grab during IG live when they panned to the coffee table.

IMG_1563.jpg

“It’s Mother’s Day and I feel the usual emptiness that comes back to me when I’m reminded that there once was a Mother and oh if only I could reach her, speak to her, touch her, put my head on her womb that once nurtured and warmed me.”

:cry:

This breaks my heart. This is profound. It’s very clear how lost she has been all these years without her mother. We know she says it. But these personal writings just explain how deeply connected and how much she has always longed for that mother figure. Hence spending her life becoming THE mother figure in everything she’s done. It makes so much sense now. Like she said in TOD “I think it fulfills a need in me, to be mothered”.

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

If there is a producer involved maybe she’s specifically contracted to write a movie. I don’t think Diablo liked the idea of a series as it probably sounds tackier to her and likely would generate less profit....

The top portion is more interesting...

"He's very pretty, looks like _______ _______ or David Bowie. Im going to visit him next week. Im sure he's gay too. But he's absolutely gorgeous and I adore him. Im very frustrated with gay men again. I just don't understand their incredible bond attraction to each other and -- promiscuity, blatant _______. I spent the afternoon with Aurther and we talked? alot about it. he says I could scare any gay man. I think he's really attracted to me. but is keeping his distance for safety sake. But he is not a ____?____ me and I hope to become very good friends with him. I get to feeling weird and dumpy? _____ when we work/walk down Christopher street where Aurther is very well known. I feel like an alien, an intruder. I want to run away. But Jesus its only a certain part of the sidewalk. I Just think try and feel ______ myself the physical ___________ 2 men give each other why they only want it with mend not with women! I feel a very strange magnetism or connection with gay men that goes deeper than sexual desires. "

6 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

The fact she probably doesn't remember a lot of her demos isn't surprising. Though Tragic Girl is a cut from Rebel Heart that was lovely. Gotta love the shade she kept hurling at Diablo over her shoes. Loved the ballsy comment about Andrew Lloyd Weber and how he treated her. She didn't hesitate at all.

I like hearing her speak about things we as fans have always wanted to hear about or even see her acknowledge. The story seems very interesting and in depth, though if she wanted something more complex, a series would definitely be a lot better to cover everything she probably feels is integral to her life story rather than glossing it over due to time constraints.

The situation with her pets is sad. I don't think she ever knew how they died.

Diablo being terrified of Madonna once that long silence once the twins were coming and Madonna sat there silent. Her life must have flashed before her eyes and she probably thought she'd go missing one the live was over.

Madonna seems fun to hang with and hear those stories. I can't imagine being privilege to information, how the projects happened, people she met, memories we as fans or even those who have written her stories in books probably have never heard of but she does seem like someone who gets distracted easily which I found endearing and funny. We should create questions to ask her for her next live video.

What happened to the dogs?

I think Diablo has a clear vision of what she wants to do. They probably get along, Madonna always says she can't write songs with people she does not feel a connection to and here it's even more personal than a song, i mean she let her read her diaries. I agree with Diablo that New york in the early 80's needs its own movie. Madonna was very fortunate to be part of that story. I wonder why Diablo is so opposed to the idea of Netflix series, her United States of Tara serie was brilliant but maybe she did not enjoy doing it. I like the idea that it's produced by a woman, i hope they make something a la DSS where everything from the writing, to the production and directing, main roles were women.

Madonna recognized her Agent Provocateur bra from the MDNA era hahahah.

I also love the idea that we think we know everything for having pieced things together for years of being fans but we probably don't. What we know is from the perspective of witnesses who talked about it and we added our own subjectivity to it but we'll get the story from the perspective of how it felt to her living this life.

I hope she does the next live chat at a more appropriate time for europeans because i have so many questions ! I've always wondered for instance if she ever faced racism for being italian with all the cliches that once were attached to italians in America that we don't remember because mexicans and latinos took over the wrath of hatred that once was thrown at italians during the first half of the last century when millions of italians migrated. I want to know how it felt to her the very first time she faced a crowd of 100 000 in a stadium that came to see her. It must be incredible. I also want to know if at one time during the many backlashes she lived through she ever thought about quitting. Like very seriously with a plan and all. When/what was the first time/event she realized she was famous. How did it feel when the world reacted like she was the first woman to have a baby out of wedlock and a few years later like she was the first woman to turn 40. Younger fans may not remember or know about this but it was craziness around the world (and before internet was in every house). The first time she saw herself in a movie on a big screen. Does reading her diaries made her reconnect with some parts of herself ? When did she start writing diaries ? And has she ever stopped  for some time since or did she kept writing like clockwork all these years ?

13 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

She gave them up after having Lourdes. An article or a story came out during the time the dogs didn't get along with the child or Madonna felt it was too much so she gave them away. I believe two found homes but one of the dogs ended up being horribly abused, mistreated and died a bad death. Not sure if it's completely verified or heresay but mostly what I've seen posted around.

Apparently, in a statement to EW, a spokesman for Webber said: “She must have Andrew confused with somebody else. Andrew and Madonna had a very smooth and productive working relationship on the Evita film.”

I can imagine it was hard in the recording studio. Clearly many compromises were made with the original score. But apart from a few bad moments (one of them being Rainbow high) the result is magnificent, even for Madonna's vocals.

She said that it was Alan Parker who wanted her, but apparently he regretted so much working with her.

Also, Amy Pascal' rep denied her firm involvement in the movie at this stage.

The project sounds very interesting, my only fear is there's too much to tell, they will have to cut a lot. The New York scene in the 80s were enough. Although we all want to see more of her career, I think it will be hard for us to see her portrayed by someone else. It's probably mire difficult than Queen and EJ biopics, because her image and attitude - even offstage - are so iconic.

14 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

34 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

She gave them up after having Lourdes. An article or a story came out during the time the dogs didn't get along with the child or Madonna felt it was too much so she gave them away. I believe two found homes but one of the dogs ended up being horribly abused, mistreated and died a bad death. Not sure if it's completely verified or heresay but mostly what I've seen posted around.

You can check my old thread:

• Fighter unfeatured this topic