Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

Strange that she's talking up her sister, Paula, so much. I've been a fan since the beginning of her career and Paula was hardly ever mentioned by M or seen around her. I only remember Paula being on the Oprah Show and some short interviews on ET (or some similar shows) talking about her "modeling career."

I don't think Christopher will play a big part in this movie. I hope she includes Debi Mazar and Erica Belle.

I agree that this should be a prestige mini-series rather than a movie. Hey, Netflix or HBOMax, ya listening?

On 9/12/2020 at 7:42 AM, Enrico said:

The project sounds very interesting, my only fear is there's too much to tell, they will have to cut a lot. The New York scene in the 80s were enough. 

WAAAAY too much to tell. I mean just think of her love life. That itself could be whole movie. 

Sean Penn

Warren Beatty

Dennis Rodman

The sexy dancer on the Girlie Show

The Kennedy brother

Tony Ward

Guy Ritchie

2 Pac

Carlos Leon

Jesus

Brahim

Ahlamalik

Im very curious to see how they will avoid or include these guys. 

and ... if they stop at Ray of Light with Lola like some have suggested... then it seems to cut out her controversial adoption of David which became the beginning of her Native African family AND Rocco AND her involvement with Africa which I think is something very special and dear to her. 

I honestly have no idea how they're gonna pull this off.  :Madonna032:

On 9/12/2020 at 7:42 AM, Enrico said:

I think it will be hard for us to see her portrayed by someone else. It's probably mire difficult than Queen and EJ biopics, because her image and attitude - even offstage - are so iconic.

Not to mention how she has changed... she's basically been 14 people over the years. Each scene would be a different personality.  ? Matter of fact, maybe NOBODY KNOWS ME would be a good title. 

Why on Earth should we know about every dick that was on her bed? 

I would like: 

- Early days of her career / the first album release. 

- Like a virgin MTV awards, Madonnamania. 

- True Blue / Sean Penn 

- Like a prayer controversy / Pepsi / Blond Ambition / Vogue

- Justify my love / Erotica / Sex 

- Bedtime stories / Evita

- They can sumarize Ray of light / Guy Ritchie / Lourdes / Rocco / Music / DWT / American life / Re-Invention and of course: kabbalah. 

- Confessions fever, her popularity back / Sticky & Sweet. It can be a good moment to talk about wannabes and Lady Whos, and aging as a woman in pop industry. 

I don't care if she ends her movie at the Super Bowl. But I think it will be nice to have her speech of the Billboard Women of the year 2016, at the end. 

They can sumarize every era in 10 min or 20 . Just the importat parts or songs. It's not impossible, general public don't care about every single, tour, or video. Just what defined her career, controversies, and her way to come back. 

18 minutes ago, TheRoad said:

I think it’d be good for the movie to start with the passing of her mom all the way until she became a mother herself.

Yes. I agree. I think her mother’s death will be a central part of the story and so for that reason what you suggested makes perfect sense.

I also don’t think there’s much sense going into the Guy Ritchie years and beyond. Yes it would be interesting but it’s kind of it’s own movie. I can see someone making THAT movie after she’s gone. A mainstream audience though will be most interested in the 80’s and early 90’s.

If the movie moves too quickly or has too many characters it will not be good to be honest.

34 minutes ago, TheRoad said:

I think it’d be good for the movie to start with the passing of her mom all the way until she became a mother herself.

that sounds like a great idea, and that would make it feel like a well rounded story, come full circle kinda-thing but with a happy "ending"

Not to mention her own name - Madonna - is the name of Jesus' mother in Italian. So Madonna, the mother, dies after giving birth to Madonna, the daughter who would become the most famous woman in (modern) history, like Jesus. Then Madonna, the daughter, becomes Madonna the mother.

It all ties up beautifully like a divine story. Almost like it was meant to be...

11 hours ago, vasili said:

Well it depends on who they are trying to appeal to. If the goal of the movie is to reach a wider audience and remind them of the greatness of Madonna an arthouse style movie is going to turn people off even though I personally like those type of films. 

On 9/12/2020 at 4:06 PM, TheRoad said:

On 9/12/2020 at 4:42 PM, Ian said:

that sounds like a great idea, and that would make it feel like a well rounded story, come full circle kinda-thing but with a happy "ending"

I love this idea. She could use such beautiful ballads and some of her best hits and dance songs for the complete journey too. 

1 hour ago, drivebitch said:

It really should be a book first. I don't know if any studio is going to be interested in a film Madonna co-wrote. They usually option books. You just know she's going to demand that she gets to direct it too. :04:

I would prefer a book too because I’m a writer. It’s also way easier to get a book published than a movie made, they are many more books published every year than movies made. I read more books than I watch movies. But I also realize most people aren’t like me. People in the general public aren’t likely to take the time to read a long book, they are lazy! They would rather sit in a theatre and passively absorb. Reading a book is more hard work. Also, because Madonna is such a visual artist, a movie could incorporate and present that better. It might be cool though if she presented her life story in a graphic novel. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Yeah, she actually mentioned writing a book in the Reddit Q&A she did in 2014:

Madonna do you ever think of writing an autobiography?
Madonna: yup. but i feel like i need to live more of my life. a short one is coming out in Harpers Bazaar

So perhaps the pressure of people trying to write a film about her made her want to write a screenplay instead.

Can someone explain something to me please ? How is it that when i watch recordings of the Instagram live with the comments on it i cannot see a single comment of mine ? I sent a lot of comments and each of them i sent them several times, they did appear during the live but when i watch some people recordings i don't see any of mine.

The tapes! The early demo tapes that she is playing on her instagram stories. Boxes of them! Boxes of early pre madonna demos. She has them all!!! I knew she would. She’s a hoarder. 
I’ve never been so jealous of anyone like I am of Diablo Cody right now.

a dream 

an actual fucking dream 

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Can someone explain something to me please ? How is it that when i watch recordings of the Instagram live with the comments on it i cannot see a single comment of mine ? I sent a lot of comments and each of them i sent them several times, they did appear during the live but when i watch some people recordings i don't see any of mine.

Maybe there were too many. She responded to a question I didn't even see in the feed. I rewinded it to see if I missed it and it never showed up. 

On 9/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, cosmic_system said:

I tend to believe more the director, who was not embarassed to say they lost all the unused backstage stuff from the docuementrary. They probably filmed snippet of other shows like when her mic didn't work in Keep It Together, and that was not Paris. 

Yeah it was Paris, July 6, I have the audio bootleg. I guess whether they filmed the whole thing (as Toby Phillips stated, he also said Alek had little to do with the actual concert filming) or not, Madonna clearly has no interest in trying to find it.

I am crushed either way, I have a hard time trusting her memory, since she can barely remember much of her back catalogue and filming the doco and concert was during a time when she was overworked and constantly sick, but I have also let go of this one forever.

From Madonna.com:

UNIVERSAL PICTURES ANNOUNCES FILM BASED ON THE UNTOLD TRUE STORY OF MADONNA
September 15, 2020

Madonna is Co-Writing the Original Screenplay with Academy Award® Winner Diablo Cody, and the Project will be Produced by Three-Time Academy Award® Nominee Amy Pascal

UNIVERSAL CITY, CA—September 15, 2020 — Universal Pictures today announced that the studio is developing an ALL-NEW untitled project based on one of the world’s most influential icons, Madonna, who over an indelible five-decade career has had a groundbreaking impact as a musician, actress, director, author and entrepreneur who informs every aspect of global culture, transforming our understanding of art, sexuality, feminism and the role of women in entertainment.

Madonna will direct the project and is co-writing the script with Academy Award® winner Diablo Cody (Juno, Tully).  Three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Pascal (Little Women, The Post, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and the Academy Award®-winning Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse), will produce for her Universal-based Pascal Pictures alongside Madonna.  Sara Zambreno and Guy Oseary will executive produce.

“I want to convey the incredible journey that life has taken me on as an artist, a musician, a dancer – a human being, trying to make her way in this world,” said Madonna.  “The focus of this film will always be music.  Music has kept me going and art has kept me alive.  There are so many untold and inspiring stories and who better to tell it than me.  It’s essential to share the roller coaster ride of my life with my voice and vision.”

“Madonna is the ultimate icon, humanitarian, artist and rebel.  With her singular gift of creating art that is as accessible as it is boundary-pushing, she has shaped our culture in a way very few others have,” said Donna Langley, Chairman, Universal Filmed Entertainment Group.  “It’s an incredible honor for everyone at Universal to work alongside her, Diablo, and Amy to bring audiences and dedicated fans around the world her unvarnished story for the first time.”

“This movie is an absolute labor of love for me,” said Amy Pascal.  “I have known Madonna since we made A League of Their Own together, and I can’t imagine anything more thrilling than collaborating with her and Diablo on bringing her true-life story to the big screen with Donna and our partners at Universal.”

• Fighter unfeatured this topic