artofdarkness

Madonna's writing a screenplay with Academy Award winner Diablo Cody

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Can someone explain something to me please ? How is it that when i watch recordings of the Instagram live with the comments on it i cannot see a single comment of mine ? I sent a lot of comments and each of them i sent them several times, they did appear during the live but when i watch some people recordings i don't see any of mine.

Maybe there were too many. She responded to a question I didn't even see in the feed. I rewinded it to see if I missed it and it never showed up. 

On 9/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, cosmic_system said:

I tend to believe more the director, who was not embarassed to say they lost all the unused backstage stuff from the docuementrary. They probably filmed snippet of other shows like when her mic didn't work in Keep It Together, and that was not Paris. 

Yeah it was Paris, July 6, I have the audio bootleg. I guess whether they filmed the whole thing (as Toby Phillips stated, he also said Alek had little to do with the actual concert filming) or not, Madonna clearly has no interest in trying to find it.

I am crushed either way, I have a hard time trusting her memory, since she can barely remember much of her back catalogue and filming the doco and concert was during a time when she was overworked and constantly sick, but I have also let go of this one forever.

From Madonna.com:

UNIVERSAL PICTURES ANNOUNCES FILM BASED ON THE UNTOLD TRUE STORY OF MADONNA
September 15, 2020

Madonna is Co-Writing the Original Screenplay with Academy Award® Winner Diablo Cody, and the Project will be Produced by Three-Time Academy Award® Nominee Amy Pascal

UNIVERSAL CITY, CA—September 15, 2020 — Universal Pictures today announced that the studio is developing an ALL-NEW untitled project based on one of the world’s most influential icons, Madonna, who over an indelible five-decade career has had a groundbreaking impact as a musician, actress, director, author and entrepreneur who informs every aspect of global culture, transforming our understanding of art, sexuality, feminism and the role of women in entertainment.

Madonna will direct the project and is co-writing the script with Academy Award® winner Diablo Cody (Juno, Tully).  Three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Pascal (Little Women, The Post, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and the Academy Award®-winning Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse), will produce for her Universal-based Pascal Pictures alongside Madonna.  Sara Zambreno and Guy Oseary will executive produce.

“I want to convey the incredible journey that life has taken me on as an artist, a musician, a dancer – a human being, trying to make her way in this world,” said Madonna.  “The focus of this film will always be music.  Music has kept me going and art has kept me alive.  There are so many untold and inspiring stories and who better to tell it than me.  It’s essential to share the roller coaster ride of my life with my voice and vision.”

“Madonna is the ultimate icon, humanitarian, artist and rebel.  With her singular gift of creating art that is as accessible as it is boundary-pushing, she has shaped our culture in a way very few others have,” said Donna Langley, Chairman, Universal Filmed Entertainment Group.  “It’s an incredible honor for everyone at Universal to work alongside her, Diablo, and Amy to bring audiences and dedicated fans around the world her unvarnished story for the first time.”

“This movie is an absolute labor of love for me,” said Amy Pascal.  “I have known Madonna since we made A League of Their Own together, and I can’t imagine anything more thrilling than collaborating with her and Diablo on bringing her true-life story to the big screen with Donna and our partners at Universal.”

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Isn't Amy Pascal the woman from the Sony email leaks a few years ago? that name rings a bell

Yes. I think that was the North Korea hack. Amy’s racist emails were exposed. 

Madonna should not be directing this. She’s making the same mistake again including co-writing the script. It should be a book first. Then option it and let them get someone like David Fincher to direct it. She can get a producer credit. 

It's not a wise decision to direct the movie. There are a lot of amazing directors that could do this movie, and she can be involved as co director and producer of course.
She doesn't have a good back history in cinema, not as an actress neither as a director. The critic will slay her no matter if the movie is good, just because it's her. I hope she change her opinion about the direction of the movie! 
And also I hope the script is good. It's great that she wants to tell her own story but I hope she will be able to see behind her... I mean, I hope it doesn't end up being a super narcissistic movie.

It may very well work. I remember watching Madonna: Innocence Lost years ago, and I loved it. The moment Madonna first discovered a bottle of peroxide, the moment she seduced a DJ and inserted her cassette tape in the deck and pushed play, the moment before her MTV Like a Virgin performance when she was shown pensive, sipping her honey tea...

Imagine how a high budget film may turn out! Looking forward to it.

When she said that they didn't filmed the whole BAT concert I was like "bitch, no way, you said last year that the tapes were missing wth gurl".

I can't get over the fact we highly won't get a Blu-ray release of BAT, especially when I watch the performances from TOD in the outstanding quality of image holy fuck

BRO!

LET THE WOMAN DO WHAT SHE FCKING WANTS LMAO! AT LEAST SHE'S STILL GIVING US SOMETHING :hearteyes:

It's Madonna... as if y'all haven't known her lol! Madonna having had a bad rap with her acting and directing films doesn't mean it will always be that way. Who knows. This could be her magnum opus. 

2 hours ago, Angelo said:

I think that except For her fans (Not all of them)...no one will Be interested in This film 🤔

She’s been trending for the past 24 hours and made the news for announcing this. I think people will be more interested in this then they have with her music since 2005, it’s just a case of whether they like it or not. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

She’s been trending for the past 24 hours and made the news for announcing this. I think people will be more interested in this then they have with her music since 2005, it’s just a case of whether they like it or not. 

Absolutely. Because of nostalgia for the 80s and 90s people are going to be way more interested in this than new music from her or a movie with her playing another character as an actress.