Madonna and Diablo finished the script!

artofdarkness

This:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Elton-John-Will-Release-60-New-Tracks-on-Jewel-Box-20200917

Variety reports that Elton John's "Elton: Jewel Box" album will contain 148 songs, including 60 previously unreleased ones.

The album is out November 13. It contains "deep cuts, rarities from the earliest stages of his and Bernie Taupin's musical journey, B-side spanning 30 years, and songs discussed in his best-selling, critically acclaimed 2019 memoir 'Me.'"

The set also comes with a hardcover book with track explanations by Elton.

While there is no hope that M releases new music soon, it is really time to celebrate her 40th anniversary with a box like this! Finally enough demos! It would perfectly fit the biopic. A book with track explanation would also be a dream, but she'll never do that.

Just now, cake said:

i do like that Lucy O'Brien Guardian article. Rocketman took like ten years to make so i guess we can't expect the Madonna film anytime soon. She will keep teasing us from her sofa for sure.

Madonna has a way of getting things done. I don’t think it will take ten years, although Covid may cause delays in filming.

5 hours ago, Enrico said:

Like tour dvds??  :laughing:

She releases them eventually usually within a year and a half or so after the end. Many artists don’t release DVD’s of their tours at all. For example the Spice Girls never released one of their reunion tour. The demand for tour DVD’s has definitely declined with you tube.  I don’t think she makes any money on tour DVD’s.  I always buy hers, but of all the concerts I go to I haven’t bought one by anyone else. For me watching a tour on DVD is a bit boring. It doesn’t capture the excitement of actually being there. 

20 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Considering the editing just started... we'll see how long it will take. But it's still in her plans at least

She said Covid caused a delay. I think it will also with this movie. Now people are saying large concerts will not even return by 2021. So depressing 

I just hope they can find the right tone for the film. What makes Madonna fascinating but also confusing to some people is she has a serious emotional deep side, but also a silly lighthearted humorous side. The movie needs to reflect that with serious dramatic moments but also humorous ones. 

On 9/20/2020 at 1:46 AM, Enrico said:

Encyclopedia Madonnica's Matthew Rettenmund tried to do a whole all-star casting for the movie. It's really worth reading:

https://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2020/09/madonna-biopic-movie-casting.html

Madonna should read it too!

That’s interesting. But they aren’t going to be able to fit all these people in. I think they will have to pare down the people in her life, even if that makes it not 100% accurate. 

9 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

I just hope they can find the right tone for the film. What makes Madonna fascinating but also confusing to some people is she has a serious emotional deep side, but also a silly lighthearted humorous side. The movie needs to reflect that with serious dramatic moments but also humorous ones. 

You describe her so well. She’s vulnerable, yet confident. Loving, but guarded. Serious and yet, not afraid to always take time to laugh and even make fun of herself. “Fascinating”, indeed. 

6 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

That’s interesting. But they aren’t going to be able to fit all these people in. I think they will have to pare down the people in her life, even if that makes it not 100% accurate. 

Absolutely, I think that was just intended to be what you'd call a "dream cast".

On 9/20/2020 at 7:40 AM, Enrico said:

This:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Elton-John-Will-Release-60-New-Tracks-on-Jewel-Box-20200917

Variety reports that Elton John's "Elton: Jewel Box" album will contain 148 songs, including 60 previously unreleased ones.

The album is out November 13. It contains "deep cuts, rarities from the earliest stages of his and Bernie Taupin's musical journey, B-side spanning 30 years, and songs discussed in his best-selling, critically acclaimed 2019 memoir 'Me.'"

The set also comes with a hardcover book with track explanations by Elton.

While there is no hope that M releases new music soon, it is really time to celebrate her 40th anniversary with a box like this! Finally enough demos! It would perfectly fit the biopic. A book with track explanation would also be a dream, but she'll never do that.

Ok Mariah, now Elton, it' officially a new trend. Strong chances M does it too. Can you imagine she does that too, release a box with unreleased tracks and she doesn't put Warning Signs and Desperately seeking Susan ? world war 3 !

39 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Ok Mariah, now Elton, it' officially a new trend. Strong chances M does it too. Can you imagine she does that too, release a box with unreleased tracks and she doesn't put Warning Signs and Desperately seeking Susan ? world war 3 !

If she does, I can already imagine you throwing eggs at her at the biopic premiere! :laughing:

Imagine if she only releases the already leaked tracks :dead:

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

If she does, I can already imagine you throwing eggs at her at the biopic premiere! :laughing:

Imagine if she only releases the already leaked tracks :dead:

Don't laugh but i totally imagine her doing so. Sometimes she seems out of touch with what has leaked.

During the chat i sent her several times "Will we finally hear Warning Signs" and when she read the comments she has a moment like "Wtf ?" And she said "I see some weird questions" ??? I cannot be sure she was talking about my comment but could really be !

1 hour ago, o_g_c_x said:

She is doing a 2 hours biopic for the general public of a 40 years career. 

Forget about unreleased tracks.

No i don't forget about it because my guts tell me it's gonna be a multi-release. First the movie about her career, then a best of of some sort with a disc of unreleased tracks like it seems to be the trend and who knows maybe a greatest hits tour after that.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic