Which tour Is Your Favorite between MDNA or Rebel Heart?

Voguerista

Which Tour Is Your Fave: MDNA or Rebel Heart?  

42 members voted

1. 1. Which Tour Is Your Fave: MDNA or Rebel Heart?

MDNA... one of my all-time favourite tours. Her most theatrical tour since Drowned World and one of her most visual. Rebel Heart... just didn't interest/excite me at all. I saw the show in Manchester which didn't help...the atmosphere was SO flat and it ended after Material Girl. It's a shame, as I prefer RH over MDNA as an album.

12 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Rebel Heart here. She was in a better place, better mood, more human, vulnerable. More about the music (the surprise song every night), more relaxed. Sometimes less is better. 

I definitely agree with you. However, it’s really sad near the end when she was travelling to Tokyo and had those issues with Rocco, and then tears of a clown... she was pretty messed up by that. So sad to see her affected like that.

This is hard, they both have their ups and downs. Id probably pick MDNA though. 

Rebel Heart Highlights

Her ass in Burning Up/Holy Water

Aya & Bambi in Deeper and Deeper

The Iconic Intro video

TRUE BLUE!

Who's That Girl!

Candy Shop Remix

Rebel Heart Negatives

Opening outfit was too much/ the cage was boring. it seemed very Cher like. 

S.E.X. is just a horrible song, minus the rap. 

That gallop dance in Like a Virgin

Material Girl was uninspired

I hate medleys... Dress You Up/Into the Groove is no exception

and this version of Holiday has to be the most lethargic performance of hers ever, and it was the CLOSER!

MDNA Highlights

Girl Gone Wild had great energy even though she had those nasal autotune prerecorded vocals

Revolver choreo

Gang Bang is probably one of the coolest performances she's ever done

Vogue

Candy Shop Remix

The evolution of Like a Virgin/Love Spent from show to show

Nobody Knows Me video

Celebration ending is probably her most energetic closer ever

MDNA Negatives

Vocals... we don't get real vocals really until Papa Don't Preach and we don't get GOOD vocals again until Express Yourself

Hung Up is a horrible remix/visual concept

I Don't Give A  vocals.... NO, just No

Best Friend is boring

Express Yourself sounds tired

Give Me All Ur Luvin is like ABDC version of a Madonna performance

Justify My Love is boring

Like a Prayer AGAIN

I'm a Sinner could have been bigger in terms of visuals, tripped out crazyness

I obviously took this assignment very seriously :Madonna009:

Both are strong... it’s so hard but I’ll go with MDNA Tour! The intro is WOW... tho I don’t like the guns part as I used to but in general epic tour. My favorite backdrop is definitely JML, I remember people were just watching in complete silent. The Celebration ending was full of life & positive energy. ?

Easily MDNA. While I can see the complaints about both the setlist and the album overall, this tour was lux in every other department: energy, choreo, fashion, visuals, theatrics. 

RHT could've easily been a Katy or Britney tour, as well: basic and somewhat lackluster. Sure, Holy Water was nice, but other than that there was no real highlight for me. That Holiday performance was also her worst closer imo.

MDNA is far superior. Rebel Heart is great, but MDNA was larger than life. The set list worked better, the outfits; the set design and staging, the backdrops, the reworked tracks.... everything was perfect.

Rebel Heart could’ve been far better than what we got but the set list felt too much like a greatest hits tour than an actual celebration of a 25 track album, and some of the best songs were overlook and so much of it was a recreation of MDNA albeit in a lower quality.

• 1 month later...