Levitating (Feat. Madonna & Missy Elliot) Press Reviews!!! 

Voguerista

Some reviews...

Dua Lipa's 'Levitating' Remix With Missy Elliott, Madonna & The Blessed Madonna Has Arrived: Listen

Dua Lipa is showing off some major star power with the new remix of her Future Nostalgia cut "Levitating" by The Blessed Madonna featuring Madonna and Missy Elliott.

The remix, which dropped on Thursday (Aug. 13), is nothing short of epic.

"I decided to take the party up a notch with the incomparable The Blessed Madonna, who secretly helped me to craft the mixtape that would become Club Future Nostalgia and the absolute queens Missy Elliott and Madonna joined me for an epic remix of 'Levitating,'" Lipa said in a statement.

"It is no overstatement to say that reimagining Dua’s amazing record 'Levitating' with Madonna and Missy Elliott was my dream come true," The Blessed Madonna added. "That’s a phrase that is overused, but in this case, it is absolutely literal...Being a part of this was not only an honour but the very best medicine for dancing feet that are stuck at home. I hope it lifts up the spirits of everyone that hears it, as much as it has lifted mine. Truly, I am levitating."

The pop star also teased the accompanying visual on her Instagram Wednesday (Aug. 12), which features her laying in a bed of roses under a scorching red light. "13TH AUG. LEVITATING

She first announced the remix with "my idols" on July 27, which will be featured alongside a Mark Ronson- and Gwen Stefani-assisted "Physical" remix and more groove-worthy goodies on the Club Future Nostalgia remix album. The 24-year-old artist confirmed to an inquiring fan in the comments section of her "Levitating" remix video teaser that she'll deliver the remix LP on Aug. 28.

Dua Lipa drops 'Levitating' remix with Madonna and Missy Elliott

"Levitating" is but a taste of the club revamps coming from Dua's forthcoming Future Nostalgia remix album.

Dua Lipa, the "sugar boo" of the pandemic, is still levitating bops straight into the milky way with the new remix of her Future Nostalgia single "Levitating" — a track that will turn any isolated apartment into the city's hottest club.

The song, which was remixed by DJ and producer the Blessed Madonna, features vocals from Dua and Madonna, as well as a spitfire verse from Missy Elliott. The single is currently available on streaming platforms with the official music video dropping tomorrow.

"Madonna has been an artist that I've listened to my whole life," Dua said in an Apple Music interview Thursday with Zane Lowe. "I guess her career trajectory as well has been something so inspirational and the momentum that she's kept and the way that she's grown with her music — I've always found that really, really inspiring."

The 24-year-old U.K.-based singer also called working with Elliott "a mind-blowing experience."

"Being a fan of Missy's for so long and then having her to be like, 'Yeah, I love the song. I love the remix. I love the track. I feel inspired by it. I want to jump on it.' I'm like, 'Oh my God, this is so crazy,'" Dua said. "I jumped on the phone with her and we had a little talk and she really just does stuff that she really believes in. It was such a massive compliment for me, for her to be so inspired by the remix and the track, and to want to be a part of it and be a part of this mixtape. It really is a dream come true."

Dua will release a whole album of remixed songs from her Future Nostalgia, titled Club Future Nostalgia, on Friday, Aug. 21. The collection, which The Blessed Madonna also curated and mixed into a mixtape, will also feature a version of "Physical" with Gwen Stefani.

Dua Lipa Recruits Madonna, Missy Elliott for Flirty, Sped-Up ‘Levitating’ Remix

Dua Lipa’s “Levitating” gets a clubbier update with the help of legends Madonna and Missy Elliott. The song will appear on the upcoming remix LP Club Future Nostalgia, which the Grammy winner worked on with DJ and producer the Blessed Madonna (formerly known as the Black Madonna).

The “Levitating” remix turns the song into a fast-paced romp with Lipa and Madonna trading verses and harmonizing together on the tongue-twistingly sped-up track. The beat is no match for Elliott, who offers a flirty, freaky new verse of her own. 

“Madonna has been an artist that I’ve listened to my whole life,” Lipa told Zane Lowe in an interview for Apple Music. “Her career trajectory as well has been something so inspirational and the momentum that she’s kept and the way that she’s grown with her music.”

The pop star added that Missy Elliott was immediately on board for the remix and “inspired” by the track. “I jumped on the phone with her and we had a little talk and she really just does stuff that she really believes in, so that I felt it was such a massive compliment for me, for her to be so inspired by the remix and the track, and to want to be a part of it and be a part of this mixtape.”

Lipa announced the album earlier this month, noting that Madonna and Missy Elliott weren’t the only special guests. Gwen Stefani has been confirmed for a Mark Ronson-remixed version of “Physical.” Other artists and producers are as-yet-unconfirmed. 

Lipa’s sophomore album Future Nostalgia was released in March. It was one of the first big albums to drop while the Covid-19 pandemic began to ramp up around the world, forcing many to begin sheltering in place. In an interview on the Rolling Stone Music Now podcast, the singer addressed the difficult decision she faced in releasing the album at that time.

“I guess that was kind of the thing I was maybe the most conflicted about,” she said. “It’s such an upbeat, high-tempo album that you would just want to dance to. I wasn’t sure if it was really the time to put it out — to celebrate, I guess, during a time of so much suffering.”

Recently, the album was shortlisted for the 2020 Mercury Prize, a prestigious award honoring the year’s best album by a British artist. 

Did Madonna and Dua even talk at all?

Obviously we dont know what happened behind the scenes, but I will say it does bother me that Madonna goes out and about with these horrible and uninspired people like Nicki Minaj and Quavo, but when an artist like Dua collabs with her she can’t even like acknowledge it or praise Dua?

23 hours ago, Shoful said:

Obviously we dont know what happened behind the scenes, but I will say it does bother me that Madonna goes out and about with these horrible and uninspired people like Nicki Minaj and Quavo, but when an artist like Dua collabs with her she can’t even like acknowledge it or praise Dua?

Maybe she's saving it for her birthday on Sunday

On 8/13/2020 at 10:20 PM, Shoful said:

OMG yes this!! It's really sad as Dua actaully likes Madonna. When she did the Quavo track there zero buzz from anyone. 

19 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

OMG yes this!! It's really sad as Dua actaully likes Madonna. When she did the Quavo track there zero buzz from anyone. 

Exactly. And I’m worried Dua won’t want to collab or do anything with her again. Dua really admires Madonna and if M isn’t personally interacting with her, that admiration will go right out that door.