"Levitating" Chart Positions All Over The World?

baymad4her

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

In the US? Yes. They changed their chart rules from when artists would re-release their singles with a remix featuring new lyrics/guest appearances. This was due to JLO putting out I’m Real remix with JaRule back in 2001. They’re now counted as a separate entry.

They should do that in the UK as well, I'm fuming as I bought the remix and expect the remix to chart, I didn't buy the original version, in fact, I've never heard it.

8 hours ago, baymad4her said:

They should do that in the UK as well, I'm fuming as I bought the remix and expect the remix to chart, I didn't buy the original version, in fact, I've never heard it.

The reason why Levitating charted at #39 in the UK is because of the remix. All the streams and purchases, were from the remix.

On 8/17/2020 at 7:32 AM, Stephen George said:

I think it does. They're listed as a partner on the official charts website so I assume that means they supply their sales and streaming data. I hope so anyway, that's where I buy my music too ?

https://www.officialcharts.com/who-we-are/our-partners/

Interesting, so it looks like on BBC 1 is counted- so could explain why Medellin didn't do that good on the UK charts. Was just reading some other post - basically if Madonna is to have another No. 1 US 100 hit - she'll need 55 + million streams in the US alone - and in the UK if BBC 1 is the only partner - get her music played on BBC 1.

• 2 weeks later...