Australian Katie Noonan criticised for slagging off Madonna's appearance

Guest DeeperDeeper

Guest DeeperDeeper

Singer Katie Noonan has earned the ire of fans after criticising Madonna’s decision to undergo cosmetic surgery.

The 43-year-old Aussie musician took to Instagram to express her disappointment in pop icon Madonna – who she tagged in the post – for “submitting her face” to surgery.

Noonan, who told fans she “does not understand how any strong, self-respecting woman” could enhance their appearance under the knife, has since been labelled “anti-feminist”, and accused of encouraging online bullying.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrity-selfies/katie-noonan-calledout-for-criticising-madonnas-plastic-surgery/news-story/b96b20e3eea5c4d4c48e92904efcc887

Seriously - no one has a right to decide how others choose to beautify or modify their own body or to criticise them for that decision. 

When I was young I remember that everybody talked about Cher and the surgey but no the same way they do with Madonna. Anyway, we have to say that the times were different. I only remeber watching Cher in musical videos, concerts, movies... all was very professional. I think the problem here is that you see pictures of Madonna all the time and you can see how her face change from a day to another.

I think Madonna doesn't need all those things and I think she would look incredible with a more natural look but is her life, her face and she can do what she wants. I like Madonna not for her face, I think she's much more than an image and she doesn't have to justify what she does with her body.

I have to say that I find stupid when people talks against surgecy. I mean, you can go to the gym to have muscles and have an incredible body... why? I mean... Is your body, eat what you want, get fat if you want, why change it? I think in some way it's the same... It's good to "change" your body because you feel better doing it but it's bad to change your face? 

39 minutes ago, NowRadiate said:

You’re damned if you, damned if you don’t in the industry.

Not surprised.

Pretty much. As soon as she relaxed on the fitness and put some curve on there was already negative discussion going on. When she worked out way too much there was criticism. Chubby. Gaunt. No matter how she presents herself. There will be discussion. 

On 8/17/2020 at 11:52 AM, gafuller said:

Pretty much. As soon as she relaxed on the fitness and put some curve on there was already negative discussion going on. When she worked out way too much there was criticism. Chubby. Gaunt. No matter how she presents herself. There will be discussion. 

Sadly, this is just so true. No matter how she looks and what she does with her face and body, people will always complain. What truly matters is her happiness and she has a right to do what she wants whether we like it or not. 

On 8/17/2020 at 12:12 PM, gafuller said:

Maybe I was too young, but has Cher ever gotten this sort of backlash for all her work done? Which ofcourse hers is very well done these days. But no one discusses Cher really. M takes a lot of candid photos and maybe that’s what draws more attention to the work than necessary. Thoughts?

Katy Perry was created from all the bits Cher has had removed.

At the end of the day it is however sad to see her face altered to where she sometimes seems unrecognizable. Im not against surgery at all, but when it starts to take a life of its own its just not good. Yeah it does sadden me. Im not gonna lie. But i wouldnt comment it under her photos or something.

Another example would be Scary Spice Mel B. I feel like both of them had very similar procedures

Edited by Hari Beaux (see edit history)